Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Illinois based team - Iron Elite Dual Openings

We are taking a team to Iowa for Iron Elite Duals December 8/9th.

https://www.thepredicament.com/wp-co...lDuals2018.pdf

Our team has a good chance to win the dual but we have a couple weights that are open. Our current team has 4 State Champs, 5 IKWF state placers, and 5 IKWF state qualifiers. The open weights are listed below:

50 Bantam State Champ
55 Open?
60 Open
65 IKWF State Placer
70 IKWF State Qualifier
75 IKWF State Qualifier
80 IKWF State Placer
85 IKWF State Qualifier
90 IKWF State Placer
95 IKWF State Placer
100 IKWF State Qualifier
110 IKWF State Placer
120 IKWF State Champ
130 IKWF State Champ
140 IKWF State Qualifier
150 Open
165 Open
HWT IKWF State Champ

We are primarily out of Northern Illinois and have initially filled out the team with local wrestlers. At this time we have a few openings and would like to open it up to any Illinois wrestlers that would like to join us.
If you would like to join the team, know of someone who might be interested, or have questions about the team, please contact me (first with a text).
Zack (815-978-2720)

Last edited by Tommy's Brands; 1 Week Ago at 03:09 PM.
Old 4 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

Why arenít you going to VAC holiday duals with this team? Cost? Even the better IA go to VAC..
Old 4 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

Better, best IA kids go to VAC..my bad! Good luck of course but if that good PA, Cali Gold, differing Buxton teams, Team USA, Minions etc etc will pose way better competition.
Old 4 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toohonest View Post
Why aren’t you going to VAC holiday duals with this team? Cost? Even the better IA go to VAC..

Why am I not going to VA Beach with this team???

Definitely know the answer to that one.

- Cost, yes! I don't have unlimited funds.
- Time. I don't have unlimited time. I have been to VA beach before. I am well aware that the very best competition will be there.
- Energy! Personally I have to pace myself, my son, and my family for the wrestling season.

I think it is fantastic if people go to VA Beach, Tulsa, etc. I don't always have the time, money, energy, or resources to go everywhere I want to go.

The team we have put together is a very solid team. It IS NOT a VA Beach dual team. Could some kids from this team compete well at VA Beach? Yes they could. But it is a team that is appropriate to do very well at this Iowa dual. It won't win every dual 70-0. I hope we win 1st place but I would guess we will probably have 1 or 2 pretty competitive duals.

I am very aware of exactly which Iowa kids go to VA. I have been to this Iowa dual before and I have been to VA beach. Iowa is cheaper. Most likely you will wrestle multiple state placers but few state champs. My kids don't have to miss school and I don't have to miss work. When I get back, I don't feel like I've been hit by a Semi Truck.

The Iowa dual does not have state champs and national champs at every weight. They have a bunch of state placer type kids. They are also different kids than most of our kids will see on their seasonal wrestling circuit. Both of those are pluses.

Last edited by Tommy's Brands; 4 Days Ago at 10:33 AM.
Old 4 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toohonest View Post
Better, best IA kids go to VAC..my bad! Good luck of course but if that good PA, Cali Gold, differing Buxton teams, Team USA, Minions etc etc will pose way better competition.
I like our kids. We have a good team. I have been on duals against good PA teams, Cali Gold, Buxton, and Minion. We don't have that type of team. That was never the goal when creating this team. Do you see the number of "state qualifiers" we have? When I say "state qualifier", I mean they did not place at state... yet.

I really do wish that being a wrestling Dad/coach would pay the bills for me. It doesn't. Until that time, I will have to pick my spots to travel far and pay the big bucks. I can't do it all the time. Also, my son and I both like eating dinner at home on Sunday night with his Mom and siblings rather than traveling across country in a stinky mini van.
Old 3 Days Ago
Varsity

Update.....

We are now a full team. No openings. Thank you to everyone for their interest and assistance. We are extremely happy with who we have. If there are others that want to start a team, I highly encourage it.
Old 3 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

Good luck. Not questioning anything being done. Your perspective is great. Since don’t know your team it just sounded like it would compete well at VAC. Again good luck.
Sponsored Links