Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-04-2018
Mencoe Mencoe is offline
5 point takedown
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 715
[QUOTE=southsidehawkeye;534575]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
Really? So, National rankings are more accurate than local state rankings. I'd love to see your data to support that brilliant conclusion. [/QUOTE

Look at the national rankings. Then look at the local rankings.

That will explain it all.
How is a guy ranked higher in the state but not ranked higher than the that guy in the country. Or maybe not even ranked.

The national rankings actually do their research on common opponents, the tournaments they’ve been to. Local rankings seem to go by record. Some might use common opponents.


Pretty sure an Ironman tournament or Dvorak might be a little better than the whitlach, or conant.

Cheesehead is another great tournament along with the Dvorak and Ironman.

Yes, all in all rankings are complete bull ****.

But it’s nice to see that more than half of the top
Guys at the cheesehead are from IL.
No way. He does the Illinois rankings based on results not records. Or... are you just making a joke? The common opponents results are right next to the rankings.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-04-2018
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 836
Very competitive field 132,152,220 and 285 are the only weights that would surprise me if the no #1 seed didn't win.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-04-2018
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 836
Illinois has a chance to finish with 3 of the Top 5. Not sure what's going on with Apple Valley must be a down year for them too. Only bringing 11 wrestlers which they always had a full squad. Their 106 is a 7th grader. They are living on their name. OPRF would have beaten them last week at the Clash No way should they be ranked higher than them.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-04-2018
Nelson*0.5's Avatar
Nelson*0.5 Nelson*0.5 is online now
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,733
[QUOTE=southsidehawkeye;534575]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
Really? So, National rankings are more accurate than local state rankings. I'd love to see your data to support that brilliant conclusion. [/QUOTE

Look at the national rankings. Then look at the local rankings.

That will explain it all.
How is a guy ranked higher in the state but not ranked higher than the that guy in the country. Or maybe not even ranked.

The national rankings actually do their research on common opponents, the tournaments they’ve been to. Local rankings seem to go by record. Some might use common opponents.


Pretty sure an Ironman tournament or Dvorak might be a little better than the whitlach, or conant.

Cheesehead is another great tournament along with the Dvorak and Ironman.

Yes, all in all rankings are complete bull ****.

But it’s nice to see that more than half of the top
Guys at the cheesehead are from IL.
Do you make this stuff up as you go? They don't even include records in the local rankings. They do, however, include significant wins and losses and margins of victory/loss. The only way wrestlers show any movement in the rankings is via significant wins. Just admit it....you flip-flopped....you backtracked....you contradicted yourself and someone called you on your BS. But just for the fun of it....because I know you can't resist to talk yourself in circles....which is it. Do rankings matter or don't they? And if they matter at the National level but not ant the local level what is your new and improved explanation why that is the case, since your last argument makes no sense? Can't wait to hear you try to explain yourself.....
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-06-2018
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 836
Coleman and Stiles in finals at Cheesehead. They could potentially meet 6 times this year. They wrestled in dual already. CCL Tournament. Individual Sectional at Hinsdale. State Individual Championship. Dual Team Sectionals.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-06-2018
admin admin is offline
Owner/Webmaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,875
Cheesehead Finals Match-Ups:

106
Cullan Schriever (Mason City) 27-0 vs Jake Rundell (Oak Park River Forest) 27-1

113
Noah Surtin (Edwardsville) 29-0 vs Dylan Ragusin (Montini Catholic) 24-1

120
Joey Melendez (Montini Catholic) 24-1 vs Sam Latona (Thompson) 35-1

126
Luke Odom (Edwardsville) 27-1 vs Jake Gliva (Simley) 27-5

132
Real Woods (Montini Catholic) 20-1 vs Gabe Hixenbaugh (Thompson) 35-2

138
Fidel Mayora (Montini Catholic) 19-4 vs Brady Gross (Apple Valley) 25-5

145
Jake Stiles (Montini Catholic) 27-2 vs Kendall Coleman (Mt Carmel) 25-2

152
Will Lewan (Montini Catholic) 21-1 vs Nate Larson (Apple Valley) 25-2

160
Tyler Dow (Stoughton) 28-1 vs Matt Ortiz (Montini Catholic) 24-4

170
Zach Lee (Kaukauna) 26-2 vs Tony Watts (Apple Valley) 24-7

182
Jared Krattiger (Waterford) 24-1 vs Bryson Alsteen (Kaukauna) 27-2

195
Gabe Christenson (Southeast Polk) 16-3 vs Pete Christensen (Montini Catholic) 24-2

220
Daniel Kerkvliet (Simley) 31-0 vs Aric Bohn (Mukwonago) 22-1

285
Gable Steveson (Apple Valley) 20-0 vs Keaton Kluever (Kaukauna) 26-1
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-06-2018
Red Turban Red Turban is offline
Double stud
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,612
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
Coleman and Stiles in finals at Cheesehead. They could potentially meet 6 times this year. They wrestled in dual already. CCL Tournament. Individual Sectional at Hinsdale. State Individual Championship. Dual Team Sectionals.
Crystal Ball says:

Coleman will win every match he doesn't choose bottom. Stiles will win any match he does.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-06-2018
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
Crystal Ball says:

Coleman will win every match he doesn't choose bottom. Stiles will win any match he does.
Very possible.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-06-2018
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 836
1 and 2 seeds are in the finals for every weight except 170 and 182. No big upsets.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-06-2018
mckbln's Avatar
mckbln mckbln is offline
Sergeant Major
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: River Forest, IL
Posts: 9,803
Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
Illinois has a chance to finish with 3 of the Top 5. Not sure what's going on with Apple Valley must be a down year for them too. Only bringing 11 wrestlers which they always had a full squad. Their 106 is a 7th grader. They are living on their name. OPRF would have beaten them last week at the Clash No way should they be ranked higher than them.
I wanted to see OPRF in that bracket v Apple Valley...or even Park Hill. Either would have been competitive dual meets. Huskies had NO chance v St Edward. Side note...looks like Fisher gave Ortiz a good match.
__________________



"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.