Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 955
Missed one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-I-am View Post
Ragusin
Vasquez
Mayora
Melendez
Swier
Lewan
Christensen
Woods
Geraci*
Burnowski too.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Red Turban Red Turban is offline
Double stud
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,446
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
It is a lineup full of IKWF state champions and runners up.
Give the man his due. He has no more talent than any of the other top teams. He doesn't have any Gomez, O'Connor, Renteria, Warner types. No Bartletts or Hidlays. He took a kid who never won a kids state title, and made him a World Champion. EIGHT HUNDRED points at the Cheesehead...

C'mon. You don't have to like a man's politics to give him earned respect.

I have no interest in the "All-Star team" debate. Kids who want to be top wrestlers will find the best rooms, regardless. And they need that to be set up to do well in college.

Spencer Lee and Yianni Diakomihailis types are out there!
Unless you're willing to just give those guys all the NCAA titles you've got to keep up along the way!

That being said, his guys still have to prove something at the next level. No AAs yet, and so far only Duncan starting at a Top 20 or B1G program.

MC is still the only current coaching situation where the current and previous coaches have Coached and/or produced NCAA Champions.

So my little wrestlers are still going brown!!!

Last edited by Red Turban; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 955
I have no problems with Izzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
Give the man his due. He has no more talent than any of the other top teams. He doesn't have any Gomez, O'Connor, Renteria, Warner types. No Bartletts or Hidlays. He took a kid who never won a kids state title, and made him a World Champion. EIGHT HUNDRED points at the Cheesehead...

C'mon. You don't have to like a man's politics to give him earned respect.

I have no interest in the "All-Star team" debate. Kids who want to be top wrestlers will find the best rooms, regardless. And they need that to be set up to do well in college.

Spencer Lee and Yianni Diakomihailis types are out there!
Unless you're willing to just give those guys all the NCAA titles you've got to keep up along the way!

That being said, his guys still have to prove something at the next level. No AAs yet, and so far only Duncan starting at a Top 20 or B1G program.

MC is the only current coaching situation where the current and previous coaches have Coached and/or produced NCAA Champions.

So my little wrestlers are still going brown!!!
Just saying he had a pretty damn good roster to start the season with. Congrats to your son at Midlands!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Red Turban Red Turban is offline
Double stud
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,446
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
It is a lineup full of IKWF state champions and runners up.
You wouldn't believe how many IKWF Champions/runners up do nothing significant in HS.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Red Turban Red Turban is offline
Double stud
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,446
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
Just saying he had a pretty damn good roster to start the season with. Congrats to your son at Midlands!
Well absolutely lol. But it still leaves a lot of work to do.

Thanks! I said it somewhere else, you'll never understand the experience of an IL boy wrestling the first day of his first Midlands... I'm so glad I was there to share it with him!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
Burnowski too.
Burnoski if he was at Montini from his freshman year he would have won a state championship already under izzy.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
barzagar's Avatar
barzagar barzagar is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lincoln Park
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
You wouldn't believe how many IKWF Champions/runners up do nothing significant in HS.
This is nonsensical. Please tell me your barometer of higher correlation of IHSA success then. I don't need to even do any research to confirm this.

If Woods or Melendez or Lewan isn't a Warner/Hidlay/Bartlett type, then who is?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
barzagar's Avatar
barzagar barzagar is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lincoln Park
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
Burnoski if he was at Montini from his freshman year he would have won a state championship already under izzy.
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 797
maybe she does
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by barzagar View Post
This is nonsensical. Please tell me your barometer of higher correlation of IHSA success then. I don't need to even do any research to confirm this.

If Woods or Melendez or Lewan isn't a Warner/Hidlay/Bartlett type, then who is?
First of all Woods wrestled in New Mexico not IKWF. I cheer for Illinois wrestling. I would love nothing better than to see us succeed nationwide. I wanted Mount Carmel so bad to come in the top 5 it didnt happen. But I am proud how Illinois did. OPRF was impressive the last two weeks and I tell you now that Rundell could be a 4X.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.