Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 01-06-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlynMaggot

Christensen 2nd place at 108 novice. Just in the spirit of accuracy.
To be accurate, I only posted their Senior IKWF placements. Novice State vs. Senior State is like Cadet vs. Junior in Freestyle. There is a big difference and Senior State placements should be the only state placement that should be considered. Just my two cents...
Old 01-06-2018
Olympian

Big difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwrestler View Post
To be accurate, I only posted their Senior IKWF placements. Novice State vs. Senior State is like Cadet vs. Junior in Freestyle. There is a big difference and Senior State placements should be the only state placement that should be considered. Just my two cents...
Not always a big gap between the novice champ and senior champ in many weight classes at IK. No one specified Senior.
Old 01-06-2018
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Current coaches as I'm not up to the research of going further tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
Give the man his due. He has no more talent than any of the other top teams. He doesn't have any Gomez, O'Connor, Renteria, Warner types. No Bartletts or Hidlays. He took a kid who never won a kids state title, and made him a World Champion. EIGHT HUNDRED points at the Cheesehead...

C'mon. You don't have to like a man's politics to give him earned respect.

I have no interest in the "All-Star team" debate. Kids who want to be top wrestlers will find the best rooms, regardless. And they need that to be set up to do well in college.

Spencer Lee and Yianni Diakomihailis types are out there!
Unless you're willing to just give those guys all the NCAA titles you've got to keep up along the way!

That being said, his guys still have to prove something at the next level. No AAs yet, and so far only Duncan starting at a Top 20 or B1G program.

MC is still the only current coaching situation where the current and previous coaches have Coached and/or produced NCAA Champions.

So my little wrestlers are still going brown!!!
Yea, but how many NCAA AAs, Olympians, World Champs, World medalists and World team members?
Old 01-07-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
Not sure when he is coming back. Don't have any inside on OPRF but I hope the kid comes back soon he is a tremendous wrestler.
Now maddog even you know a simple statement claiming no knowledge of Oprf followed by no relation to Tony may seem harmless......but all it takes to get the conspiracy theorists among us to fabricate tales and twist a simple statement most know is false into rumors
If you said that when Oprf had their teams as good as Montini is currently I can only imagine the thread topics .

Maddog dont even need a stick to stir the pot ....i suppose you couldn't throw us a bone and give us an idea if Tony will be at 32 or 38

I just heard Tony is in nebraska training with Jren .Is it true that the reason we havent seen much of them is because Tony bulked up to 195 and jay 285?

Somebody will believe it because like you .....i have no no inside info and just hope the kid comes back because i agree he is a tremendous wrestler.
Old 01-07-2018
Double stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
Yea, but how many NCAA AAs, Olympians, World Champs, World medalists and World team members?
Well my little wrestlers got the other stuff covered by our kid's club, which happens to be legendary. Maybe you've heard of them?

Old 01-07-2018
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Well my little wrestlers got the other stuff covered by our kid's club, which happens to be legendary. Maybe you've heard of them?

They are pretty good. (sarcasm)

If there was a Harvey Twister High School... game over.

*and your guy looked great last week. NU trending up despite the decommits/transfers
Old 01-07-2018
Double stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
They are pretty good. (sarcasm)

If there was a Harvey Twister High School... game over.

*and your guy looked great last week. NU trending up despite the decommits/transfers
Thanks! So did Yours!

I only saw you once, moving very quickly up the stairs. I no longer have the speed...

FWIW, we only had one decommit - Cassioppi. The rest of them didn't get in school.

Ww got a tough one tomorrow tho. Not sure we're quite ready for the Illini this year.
Old 01-08-2018
Junior Varsity

They let 8th graders wrestle at the Cheesehead?
Old 01-08-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:

Great program no doubt.

Here is a great question. Does anyone have a ball park idea? How many IKWF state champs never win an IHSA state title?

What programs are the best at turning IKWF state champs into IHSA state champs?
Old 01-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Reasons View Post
Here is a great question. Does anyone have a ball park idea? How many IKWF state champs never win an IHSA state title?
Go the other way around itd be easier. How many IKWF state champs actually win an IHSA title?
Sponsored Links