Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 09-10-2017
Olympian

Bears

I know they lost but it was a hell of a game!!! Anyone else think that the 5'6" Cohen is one the most exciting players on the team?
Old 09-10-2017
Varsity

Reminds me of ex giant David Megget
Old 09-10-2017
Olympian

Or, Mckonkey..sp? I think they should have Cohen run back kicks and punts.
Old 09-11-2017
Obi-Wan Kenobi

A much more competitive game than I expected. Cohen is exciting. Aside for the coverage lapse to let a guy run an uncovered go route, the defense looked solid. But just like last year not creating turnovers. Glennon came on in the 2nd half and looked like a solid NFL starter. Unfortunately he couldn't throw for 3 TDs in a single drive.

A pretty good effort by all was spoiled by not having a top receiver. The decision to not pay Jeffrey bit us in the end. To top it off Fox switched to the end of the Eagles game immediately after and just in time to see Jeffery catch a TD to seal the game for them.

In this millennium when the Bears offense has been successful it was with 2 productive receivers... we have none now. Expect teams to load the box, defend the run 1st, take away short passes and dare Glennon and his band of nonames to beat them over the top.
Old 09-11-2017
Olympian

If nothing else, defenses are going to be spending A LOT of time planning to defend him. Perfect, frees up everyone. I agree pappab, they are hurting for receivers. But man can you imagine a reverse or fake reverse with Cohen in the backfield?
Old 09-14-2017
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
A much more competitive game than I expected. Cohen is exciting. Aside for the coverage lapse to let a guy run an uncovered go route, the defense looked solid. But just like last year not creating turnovers. Glennon came on in the 2nd half and looked like a solid NFL starter. Unfortunately he couldn't throw for 3 TDs in a single drive.

A pretty good effort by all was spoiled by not having a top receiver. The decision to not pay Jeffrey bit us in the end. To top it off Fox switched to the end of the Eagles game immediately after and just in time to see Jeffery catch a TD to seal the game for them.

In this millennium when the Bears offense has been successful it was with 2 productive receivers... we have none now. Expect teams to load the box, defend the run 1st, take away short passes and dare Glennon and his band of nonames to beat them over the top.
To take a sack on the last play at the end was really bad, at least throw it up & and give it a chance. I think White is our or the season, for the 3rd season. Don't they pretty much have to trade him, or what ever the rules are. He might be an all pro, but can't really risk a 4th season can you?
Old 09-16-2017
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Taking rose colored glasses off...
That game was horrendous. White = done. First and goal on the 5yd line and a chance to knock off the defending NFC champs. Incompletion, two dropped passes BOTH that should have been caught, and then a sack. Two bright spots. Hicks and Cohen. Glennon had no deep passing attack. I think this team is awful and losing Alshon Jeffrey was just SO typical Bears. This team is a train wreck and it starts at the top with ownership/management. I hope they prove me wrong but right now...gag.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 09-17-2017
Olympian

Come on Mack, ye of no faith! For the first time in a LONG time watching the Bears was exciting. I used to hate when people talked about Cutler's body language. But you know he sucked the life out of the team.. Lets see today. I think a college game happened yesterday on the field, not sure if it is dome in TB. But man if the field is sloppy, good luck catching the Human Chicken Salad, Cohen!!!!!
Old 09-17-2017
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Yea speaking of Cutler...

Glennon is looking like Jay Cutler's revenge in the 1st half. 3 consecutive turnovers including a pick 6. This dude is Jay Cutler if Cutler was less athletic, had a weaker arm and a longer neck.
Old 09-18-2017
Olympian

I think they should bring car racing back to Soldier Field...now that would be exciting!
Sponsored Links