Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 4 Days Ago
Olympian

Man was I wrong....maybe its time for a qb change, and someone said something funny, Glennon sure does have a skinny neck. Bet he never did one neck bridge in his life! At least the rookie is more mobile athletic...
Old 4 Days Ago
Olympian

I am eating crow right now.........it tastes like chicken!
Old 3 Days Ago
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
Man was I wrong....maybe its time for a qb change, and someone said something funny, Glennon sure does have a skinny neck. Bet he never did one neck bridge in his life! At least the rookie is more mobile athletic...
Several problems with a QB change right now. Fox needs to be competitive now to keep his job beyond this year. So he doesn't have time for rookie growing pains, is all in on the veteran and has to hope that Glennon snaps out of it to at least manage the game ala Orton. Fox is not interested in development for a future he will not be part of. They just spent a decent amount of dough on Glennon and it makes the brass look inept if he is benched after 2 games. Outside of Cohen the team is horrendous offensively with little help for any QB. It could really rattle a rookie's confidence and stunt his development to take the field with that group for an extended period. Not having competent receivers and a good Oline lead to poor footwork, not properly reading through progressions and hurried passes/premature scrambling.

I don't expect a QB change until they give up on the season, there is an injury or there is a midseason head coach or above change. If there is not significant progress in the next couple weeks hopefully they go all in on losing. 0 and 16 is better than 4 and 12 in my eyes as it makes everybody expendable and sets you up better for the future. The Bears won too many games last year IMO... cost us draft position.
Go Bears
Old 3 Days Ago
Olympian

I doubt if Fox cares about keeping his job much, he knew what was coming when he took it... - its a retirement plan and would likely get a nice lump sum either way...Lovie made 8 million a year, don't know about Fox. How much does Lovie make at U of I...PS NIU Huskies just beat Nebraska - 4 out of 5 against Big 10 with this coach, now they just need to fix their school - used to be bigger then ISU, now getting 1/2 the enrollment of ISU...(NIU grad., they used to have a student wrestling tourney...I wonder if they still do...)