Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 01-11-2017
Varsity

ILLINI versus Ohio State

Is Columbus ready to experience IMAR's Tattoo? How do you get ready for this:

This will be a good "measuring stick"-type match for Martinez. Cody Burcher is coming off a loss, but it was a close 4-1 margin to Wisconsin's Isaac Jordan. He's also kept it relatively close with Daniel Lewis (6-1). So, we'll get to see how IMAR is measuring up, at least as far as the transitive property will allow.

The Marquee Matchup. That has to be Zane Richards versus Tommy Cello. Zane loses one match in overtime, and all of a sudden everybody is picking Little Tommy Cello over him. Even wrestlestat.com has it a one-point match in favor of the Buckeye. I think we'll find out what the Ohioan is made of because Zane is gonna be scrappy, long and has the "I have to shave every day" man strength.

The Marquee Matchup II: Armageddon!

Zac Brunson versus Bo Jordan. Two wily veterans. Nothing here for Zac to lose, and if he should pull off the upset....

The Marquee Matchup III: Armageddon Revisited!

Parker versus Martin. Young, up-and-coming hammer versus slightly older already been in a finals hammer.

The Marquee Matchup IV: Armageddon³ x Armageddon³!!!

Piotrowski versus Jose Rodriguez. Okay, perhaps I've hyped this match too much. Travis is just getting started, but there's an opportunity here. The Buckeye wrestler only has three losses on the year. Two of them were close, one-point losses to top-ranked 125ers in Joey Dance and Darian Cruz. But, it's that last loss, which took place this past weekend, that makes this match intriguing. Rodriquez lost 14-2 to Wisconsin's Johnny Jiminez. Weight issues? Flu? I guess we'll find out.

Looks like the Buckeyes are favored in just about every match except for IMAR. Still, there are opportunities for seeding.

Sunday at 1:00 pm Central. Columbus. BTN Plus (subscription required). Live updates via @IlliniWrestling
Old 01-11-2017
Varsity

If you want to be entertained do a YouTube search for "Parker versus Gravina." Parker attempts a crazy bootscoot (or a Fireman's without the "Carry"), then, a little later, goes for the Karelin bear hug. Meanwhile, Gravina tries an arm throw I haven't seen since Kurt Angle beat the Iranian for Gold.

Looks like they have a bunch of the other matches from the Rutgers dual loaded up as well. Piotrowski and Langenderfer were thisclose.

GO ILLINI!!!
Old 01-11-2017

What's going on with Brooks Black?
Old 01-11-2017
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSanto View Post
What's going on with Brooks Black?
Good question! Same question for Brock Ervin. Read somewhere that Deuce Rachal had an eye injury, which caused an injury forfeit, and he had to be taken to the hospital straight from the Maryland dual.

P.S. Here's the link to the Parker/Gravina match on youtube.
Old 01-13-2017
Olympian

Zain has a tough week.

Tomasello this weekend and Micic next.
Old 01-13-2017
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondo View Post
Zain has a tough week.

Tomasello this weekend and Micic next.
Those are the kinds of matches people hanker to see. With Clark coming back 133 is turning out to be a pretty tough weight. I think Richards will be the toughest!

Cheers, Dondo!
Sponsored Links