Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rastler
    replied
    i personally talked to joe when we wrestled them and he said he was going 160 we will find out where he is at the PC Tournament this weekend...im almost going to bet he wins the tournament at either weight making him a three time champ...and joe is the most respectful person i have ever met in my life....everytime we see each other he says hi...good luck to him

Leave a comment:

• mjwrestler
    replied
    Originally posted by m-sdogfan View Post
    Has Waropay made it down to 160 yet? He just looked too big during football to get to 160.

I remember Joe in Jr High -- great kid, always respectful -- even when some crazy lady came up to congratulate him on his state title in Dekalb.

I don't know about Brewer yet, he has never been a big weight-cutter.
    I know Joe was still thinking 160 at clinton when I spent some time with him and thanking him for the example he set for my son who was and still is a big fan of his. We at leroy wonder sometimes just how strong our team would have been had we kept Joe and Max in our school district at tri-valley but we have never done anything but wish him the best wherever he is. I think he got a virtual full ride for baseball at a college fairly close so we will maybe get to see him wrestle in college in his spare time lol.

Leave a comment:

• m-sdogfan
    replied
    Has Waropay made it down to 160 yet? He just looked too big during football to get to 160.

I remember Joe in Jr High -- great kid, always respectful -- even when some crazy lady came up to congratulate him on his state title in Dekalb.

I don't know about Brewer yet, he has never been a big weight-cutter.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Esterhouse
    replied
    I am a big Waropay fan...class act. BUT, he doesn't have the big match experience or coaching to beat Reynolds or Brewer. The question is, does he have the athleticism to beat Green? Joe is a D1 athlete, but Green is also and may have the upper hand as it pertains to wrestling.

Leave a comment:

• C.A.Z.
    replied
    I agree. Waropay is a fine wrestler and will be factor. I'm just going on past results. I know Reynolds and Brewer are tough... and have only heard about Tavares Green winning a couple tourneys this year (never seen him wrestle). If Brewer stays @ 171, IMO he will win the sectional and place at State.

Leave a comment:

• mjwrestler
    replied
    Originally posted by C.A.Z. View Post
    Reynolds is @ 160# and Togher will stay @ 189#. If Brewer cuts to 160# along with Ross, Waropay, Barbier and Tavaras Green (Bradley)... this will be a tough weight class. I think Reynolds would be the favorite, followed by Brewer and Green. Thoughts?
    Gotta go with Joe Waropay here maybe not to win sectional but definitely to get to state. I have been watching Joe wrestle since 7th grade and after his take down clinic at clinton he can wrestle with anyone at that weight class and do so effectively. Class act at all times and never stops practicing or conditioning even at tourneys you will see him running up and down the hall ways and practicing take downs. I dont have any affiliation at all with U High just think this particular wrestler is one of the finer examples of what great athletes should be on and off the mat.

Leave a comment:

• inforthewin30
    replied
    brewer

is brewer aloud to drop to 160 or does he have enough body fat to do it

Leave a comment:

• C.A.Z.
    replied
    Weights

Reynolds is @ 160# and Togher will stay @ 189#. If Brewer cuts to 160# along with Ross, Waropay, Barbier and Tavaras Green (Bradley)... this will be a tough weight class. I think Reynolds would be the favorite, followed by Brewer and Green. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• wrestle21
    replied
    Providence's Reynolds will be at 160 with Togher at 171.

Leave a comment:

• m-sdogfan
    replied
    Ernst beat Bain on Saturday 6-0
    Minooka HWT Jones beat Ochs 4-1

Leave a comment:

• stepped in what?
    replied
    some of the ppl i put i dont agree with i was just going off rankings and some personal opinon. and yea i would throw caleb in the mix of things

Leave a comment:

• BoneCrusher119
    replied
    Originally posted by stepped in what? View Post
    if i were to go completely off of the rankings i would say...........

103-cooper, bellis, meyer if he can make it

112-juarez, bokoski, ambrose

119-ruettiger, holloway, muhammed,and haney these 4 could go in any order

125-rangel,johnson, woodkirk? not sure on this one

130-bain,augle, zobac, ernst, dorsey pretty tough weight class

135-wojcik, shallenburger, ?????? help me out on this one

140-Warczynski,?,?

145- Bannon,?,?

152-lehr, steed, Bender

160-Brewer, waropay

171- reynolds, ward, mcfadden

189-kull, togher, chapai

215-poyner, berger, ?

285- johnson, ochs, stevens

and once again im not sure of all these weight classes and once again i was goin off of rankings only
    i agree with most of these, but i think i would replace Haney with Ingersoll at 119. just an opinion of course.

Leave a comment:

• stepped in what?
    replied
    i totally forgot about tom cole he was solid last year at 103 and should be good this year at 112 or 119 which ever he goes

Leave a comment:

• Danny Burk
    replied
    119 I think tom cole will be in the running for a top 3 spot.

Leave a comment:

• stepped in what?
    replied
    if i were to go completely off of the rankings i would say...........

103-cooper, bellis, meyer if he can make it

112-juarez, bokoski, ambrose

119-ruettiger, holloway, muhammed,and haney these 4 could go in any order

125-rangel,johnson, woodkirk? not sure on this one

130-bain,augle, zobac, ernst, dorsey pretty tough weight class

135-wojcik, shallenburger, ?????? help me out on this one

140-Warczynski,?,?

145- Bannon,?,?

152-lehr, steed, Bender

160-Brewer, waropay

171- reynolds, ward, mcfadden

189-kull, togher, chapai

215-poyner, berger, ?

285- johnson, ochs, stevens

and once again im not sure of all these weight classes and once again i was goin off of rankings only

Leave a comment:

Working...
X