Sad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News

It is with a heavy heart that I inform the wrestling community about the passing of my friend Rodney Egelston. This morning he suffered a massive heart attack. I still cannot believe it.

Rodney was the primary contact person for the Tiger Wrestling Club this season. We grew up in the same neighborhood and were HS classmates/teammates. He lettered in wrestling, football, baseball and track at Urbana HS before playing football and wrestling at Triton College and then playing football for the Univ. of Northern Alabama.

Several of the posters here know that I ran and coached the Tiger Wrestling Club for 20 or so years. During much of that time, Rodney helped coach and organize events for the club. He was a good friend and good, honest person and our families are very close.

Rodney leaves behind his wife and 5 year old daughter.

I ask those who knew Rodney who may be also hosting tournaments this weekend to consider offering a moment of silence in his honor and to also please keep him and his family in your thoughts & prayers.

--- Mark Mammen

Thanks for letting us know coach. You have my prayers for peace and comfort for everyone in the Urbana wrestling community and for all those whom this man influenced.

Comment

Working...
    X