No announcement yet.

Release the Kraken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two City Councilmen Indicted on Mail-In Voting Fraud Charges in New Jersey: AG

BY JACK PHILLIPS

March 4, 2021 Updated: March 4, 2021

Two city council members in Paterson, New Jersey, were indicted on mail-in voting fraud charges in the city’s May 2020 election, according to officials.

Michael Jackson, 49, and Alex Mendez, 45, face a variety of charges including election fraud, fraud in casting mail-in votes, tampering with public records, and unauthorized possession of ballots, according to a statement from the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office on Wednesday.

They were initially charged in June 2020 after winning their races for seats on the City Council.

Former President Donald Trump’s campaign cited the allegations against Jackson and Mendez as a danger of using relaxed mail-in balloting. A federal judge dismissed the campaign’s suit and said there were anti-fraud measures to secure elections. Supporters of the former president pointed to the case against Mendez and Jackson before the Nov. 3 election, noting that voting via mail could lead to fraud.

Mendez and Jackson won their races by more than 200 votes each. The two City Council members have asserted they were charged because of their opposition to Paterson Mayor Andre Sayegh and have denied the charges.

“These indictments are an important step in our prosecution of these two sitting city councilmen on charges including second-degree election fraud,” Attorney General Gurbir Grewal said in a statement on Wednesday. “As we have seen all too clearly in recent months, public confidence in our democratic process is critical. If anyone tampers with an election in New Jersey and threatens that process, we will hold them accountable.”

An investigation was opened by the Attorney General’s Office of Public Integrity and Accountability after the U.S. Postal Inspection Service alerted the state agency that hundreds of mail-in ballots were found inside a mailbox in Haledon before hundreds of more mail-in ballots were found inside a Paterson mailbox. The Paterson election in May of last year was all vote-by-mail.

“New Jersey’s criminal code includes various indictable offenses related to election fraud and, in particular, fraud involving mail-in ballots,” noted Thomas Eicher, director of the Attorney General’s Office of Public Integrity and Accountability. “With these indictments, we’re using those laws for their intended purpose—defending free and fair elections by prosecuting those accused of seeking to undermine them.”

Jackson and Mendez have previously argued that they were charged with the crimes for political reasons, claiming that his criticism of Sayegh prompted the New Jersey attorney general’s office to convene a grand jury.

“You would like to think that local politics wouldn’t reach that far, but I guess it does,” Jackson said, according to NorthJersey.com.

“My client has maintained his innocence through out this process and will enter a plea of not guilty to the charges and will continue to serve the citizens of Paterson,” Mendez’s lawyer, Paul Brickfield told NJ.com in an email Wednesday night after the charges.

But Sayegh, in a statement Wednesday, said the “indictments reaffirm the seriousness of the crimes for which the defendants are accused,” adding: “I remain hopeful that justice will be served on behalf of the residents of Paterson.”

Shelim Khalique, 52, of Wayne, N.J., and Abu Razyen, 23, of Prospect Park, N.J., were also charged in connection to the case, the attorney general’s office said.

Jackson could face a maximum of more than 26 years in state prison if he is convicted while Mendez could face a maximum of more than 36 years in prison if he is convicted.

The Epoch Times has reached out to Mendez’s and Jackson’s lawyers for comment.

Comment

• I see that Old Pioneer and Fighting Scot are still fighting a valiant battle against Q. Good job, men! The enemy is dumb. And they're reckless. But they make up for it with copy and paste. Much like their favorite political party. It seems to me that this is all the GQP has left: (1) Racism, (2) Lying, (3) Victimhood and (4) Trolling. And even that is wearing thin with Fox News now in third place among cable news broadcasters, running days-long coverage of the Mr. Potatohead and Dr. Seuss controversies.

In any event, I came back here to see if this thread was still up because I had something relevant to post to it. (My God, man! It's still up! Mal, how can you afford this much embarrassment?). So, whatever, here it is:

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
        I see that Old Pioneer and Fighting Scot are still fighting a valiant battle against Q. Good job, men! The enemy is dumb. And they're reckless. But they make up for it with copy and paste. Much like their favorite political party. It seems to me that this is all the GQP has left: (1) Racism, (2) Lying, (3) Victimhood and (4) Trolling. And even that is wearing thin with Fox News now in third place among cable news broadcasters, running days-long coverage of the Mr. Potatohead and Dr. Seuss controversies.

In any event, I came back here to see if this thread was still up because I had something relevant to post to it. (My God, man! It's still up! Mal, how can you afford this much embarrassment?). So, whatever, here it is:

Welcome back Chief Illinewek! By the way the basketball team looks tough! I have seen them a couple times they have a guy that is so huge when he’s playing he looks like a grown man invaded a junior high basketball court!
        Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

• Cheers, Old P!

Comment

• "It seems to me that this is all the GQP has left: (1) Racism, (2) Lying, (3) Victimhood and (4) Trolling". Just replace GOP with Democratic Party and you have EXACTLY what has been going on for the past 4 years and continuing into the Senile One's first 100 days. Go Joe Go! You're guaranteeing that the Republicans take back the House and Senate in 2022. I can't wait.

Comment

• Not as long as your party clings to the coat tails of the bloated orange turd. Until the rid themselves of that "cancer" the Republican party will wallow in its own muck

Comment

• CAUGHT: FOUR PEOPLE CHARGED WITH OVER 100 COUNTS OF VOTER FRAUD!

March 1, 2021 dan

Four people have been arrested and are collectively charged with 150 crimes, including a Justice of the Peace.

The charges stem from a grand jury convened by the Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton. His office has not yet released the particulars.

Medina County Justice of the Peace Tomas Ramirez was indicted by the grand jury along with three others.

No trial date has yet been announced.

Ramirez has been charged with one count of organized election fraud, one count of assisting voter voting ballot by mail and 17 counts of unlawful possession of a ballot or ballot envelope.

Leonor Rivas Garza has been charged with one charge of organized election fraud, two counts of illegal voting, eight counts of unlawful possession of a ballot or ballot envelope, two counts of election fraud, and four counts of fraudulent use of an absentee ballot by mail.

Eva Ann Martinez has been charged with one count of organized election fraud, nine counts of illegal voting, 28 counts of unlawful possession of ballot or ballot envelope, three counts of purportedly acting as an agent, five counts of tampering with government record, 14 counts of election fraud and four counts of fraudulent mail ballot application.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuffHall View Post
                  Not as long as your party clings to the coat tails of the bloated orange turd. Until the rid themselves of that "cancer" the Republican party will wallow in its own muck
                  We won't need Trump as long as the Senile One keeps doing what he's been doing. And it's been less than 100 days. Tax and spend liberals just can't help themselves.

Comment

• "Senile one" yet you voted for the guy only 3 years younger who is still under the delusion (He's not really, even he knows he lost) he was robbed of a 2nd term. I could give a sh!t about Dems or Repubs, both parties do more harm then good and are clueless as to what most Americans really want from their govt. As long as the bloated orange former Racist in chief is nowhere near 1600 Pennsylvania Ave I'm good
                    Last edited by HuffHall; 03-05-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• You know, this is something's I’ve always wondered. Trump’s favorite quote is, Make America Great Again. When are we talking about? and for whom? I am interested to just listen....

Also, the former FBI Director said he was invited to a dinner with Trump; and he explained that “loyalty” is very important to him. Now what was discussed at the dinner is up for debate. But with everything we know about his dealings in business and law, and now more than ever with politics, does anyone deny that he said that? I mean if anyone, including former Republican presidential hopefuls, as well as Karl Rove, If they don’t say yes sir, they are going to get hammered on Twitter. Is it healthy for a democracy? Now for once in my life, I’m going to shut up and listen. My dear friend MAL, We are off the script now. Please don’t cut and paste. What do you honestly think?
                      Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

• Very interesting read from a man who is now hated in his own party cause he dared to use common sense. From all I can tell a good decent man, AF veteran will now be run out of office all so you Trumpers can get your pound of flesh. This is why I think Dad overestimates really where his part is at these days in regards to 2022 and beyond

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...fade-away.html

Comment

• It'll ultimately be left to the voters to decide anyone's political future. Overestimate? Hardly. Democrats seem dead set on losing the midterm elections by all the crap they have been pushing along with the crap the Senile One has been signing. Are you paying attention? There's still a long way to go til the midterms and I think it's going to get infinitely worse for the tax and spend Libs until then. I think your dislike for Trump is deluding you as to where things stand now with mainstream America. I don't care whether Trump runs again or not as I believe Republicans have a deep enough bench to select a winning candidate, unlike Liberal Democrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
                            You know, this is something's I’ve always wondered. Trump’s favorite quote is, Make America Great Again. When are we talking about? and for whom? I am interested to just listen....

Also, the former FBI Director said he was invited to a dinner with Trump; and he explained that “loyalty” is very important to him. Now what was discussed at the dinner is up for debate. But with everything we know about his dealings in business and law, and now more than ever with politics, does anyone deny that he said that? I mean if anyone, including former Republican presidential hopefuls, as well as Karl Rove, If they don’t say yes sir, they are going to get hammered on Twitter. Is it healthy for a democracy? Now for once in my life, I’m going to shut up and listen. My dear friend MAL, We are off the script now. Please don’t cut and paste. What do you honestly think?
                            America has been the Greatest country on the planet since it was founded...It still is, but it has been in decline for most of my life. Its obvious that you are setting the slavery trap...and don't forget about the Indians. I agree...Democrats have made life tough for minorities for the last 300 years. You would have to be a very knowledgeable historian to find a country with a better human rights record than the United states. It is slickening when you think about what the Democrat party has done to the black community...destroyed the family unit...traps them in failing schools...murders their babies for free with tax dollars...the bigotry of low expectations is probably the worst of all. As far as I know the black mind is every bit as sharp as everybody else, and it takes a lot of effort to keep them chained to the poverty and prison lifestyle. Trump started to break the chains...he was showing minorities that no politician has ever even tried to make their lives better when they could get their vote just by saying that they would make their lives better. The Democrat party can not survive with out a dependent class of people...that's why they push welfare...that's why they want open borders ..without people that will vote for free stuff, the Democrat party is dead.

I don't see the scandal in asking for loyalty from an employee. If Trump would have been able to see that Comey's loyalties were with Hillary then he should have fired him on day one...Comey was pushing the phony Russia collusion investigation, and he is on record before the investigation even started knowing that it was a fraud. I don't know how someone could be more disloyal than to attempt a coup against you. I would give you Comey's own words, but I have strict orders to not copy and paste. I don't know how the Democrat mind works. I could give you Comey lying to Congress, but you are concerned that Trump said the word loyalty. Or Hillary violating the espionage act with a private server...but you don't like the nickname Crooked Hillary. Or Obama selling guns to Mexican drug cartel's, but you are more concerned with law abiding gun owners paying a tax to own a gun. You may have wanted Trump to use a different word, or maybe your glad he used the word loyalty so you could imply that he meant whatever you thought would hurt him the most.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAL View Post

America has been the Greatest country on the planet since it was founded...It still is, but it has been in decline for most of my life. Its obvious that you are setting the slavery trap...and don't forget about the Indians. I agree...Democrats have made life tough for minorities for the last 300 years. You would have to be a very knowledgeable historian to find a country with a better human rights record than the United states. It is slickening when you think about what the Democrat party has done to the black community...destroyed the family unit...traps them in failing schools...murders their babies for free with tax dollars...the bigotry of low expectations is probably the worst of all. As far as I know the black mind is every bit as sharp as everybody else, and it takes a lot of effort to keep them chained to the poverty and prison lifestyle. Trump started to break the chains...he was showing minorities that no politician has ever even tried to make their lives better when they could get their vote just by saying that they would make their lives better. The Democrat party can not survive with out a dependent class of people...that's why they push welfare...that's why they want open borders ..without people that will vote for free stuff, the Democrat party is dead.

I don't see the scandal in asking for loyalty from an employee. If Trump would have been able to see that Comey's loyalties were with Hillary then he should have fired him on day one...Comey was pushing the phony Russia collusion investigation, and he is on record before the investigation even started knowing that it was a fraud. I don't know how someone could be more disloyal than to attempt a coup against you. I would give you Comey's own words, but I have strict orders to not copy and paste. I don't know how the Democrat mind works. I could give you Comey lying to Congress, but you are concerned that Trump said the word loyalty. Or Hillary violating the espionage act with a private server...but you don't like the nickname Crooked Hillary. Or Obama selling guns to Mexican drug cartel's, but you are more concerned with law abiding gun owners paying a tax to own a gun. You may have wanted Trump to use a different word, or maybe your glad he used the word loyalty so you could imply that he meant whatever you thought would hurt him the most.
                              Bahahaha what a load of crap, you really are a f'n delusional human being. Here's a thought, instead of telling minorities how great your orange overlord was for them, why don't you go out to their communities and ask them if they feel the same way. Yes I know that would require you to leave the comforts of your double wide but as a favor do it for me. See if reality matches up with your distorted view of the last 4 years
                              Last edited by HuffHall; 03-06-2021, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• So dddddman you are predicting Biden will pull a Trump?

Comment

Working...
                                X