Russian FS Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian FS Championships

OK, so we've (IL mat forums) haven't exactly been behaving perfectly lately but here's a vid posted on themat.com recently that shows just how bad it can get....watch from about the 3:25 mark on.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LW3iazkif...elated&search=

Let's hope we never reach that level of fanaticism!
    BTW, I don't agree with the call...red's feet leave the circle first...unless I'm missing something.

I have to disagree

I think it would be GREAT if we ever reached that level of "fanaticism"! I'll bet the Russians think we're nutty when the batter charges the mound and the relievers JOG in from the bullpen. Not much of a difference between fanaticism and PASSION!

Originally posted by formeruec View Post
    OK, so we've (IL mat forums) haven't exactly been behaving perfectly lately but here's a vid posted on themat.com recently that shows just how bad it can get....watch from about the 3:25 mark on.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LW3iazkif...elated&search=

Let's hope we never reach that level of fanaticism!
    BTW, I don't agree with the call...red's feet leave the circle first...unless I'm missing something.

Comment

Rushing the mat, kicking the ref, etc....that's not "GREAT", that's disturbing. If that happened at our NCAA championships, the NCAA would quickly disband the sport and wrestling would die a quick death, given that it's not exactly the most loved activity for the NCAA anyway.

"I went to a wrestling match one day and a soccer brawl broke out".

There is a distinct difference between passion and stupidity...

You can see in the video, the ref starts to raise blue, then changes his mind and raises red. I would hope the video overturned that one. In my view, red's feet obviously left the mat first....but again, I'm not an expert.

Comment

Charging the mound
        Pissing your pants for catching a 3 yd pass for a first down
        Pose downs after a slam dunk when your teams up 30 in Utah

There is plenty of "stupidity" these days! Didn't mean to say we should beat down the ref after every match, but the winner of that match has a big leg up for the World/Olympic team! Did the attackers feel "stupid" after doing that? Would be interesting to find out. I understand your viewpoint, but unfortunately Russia, Iran, and the tiny Turks have "passion" for their sport! I think it would be neat to have 15,000 for a wrestling meet not just for NCAA's and Minny vs Iowa

Rushing the mat, kicking the ref, etc....that's not "GREAT", that's disturbing. If that happened at our NCAA championships, the NCAA would quickly disband the sport and wrestling would die a quick death, given that it's not exactly the most loved activity for the NCAA anyway.

"I went to a wrestling match one day and a soccer brawl broke out".

There is a distinct difference between passion and stupidity...

You can see in the video, the ref starts to raise blue, then changes his mind and raises red. I would hope the video overturned that one. In my view, red's feet obviously left the mat first....but again, I'm not an expert.

Comment

Originally posted by throw45 View Post
          Charging the mound
          Pissing your pants for catching a 3 yd pass for a first down
          Pose downs after a slam dunk when your teams up 30 in Utah

There is plenty of "stupidity" these days! Didn't mean to say we should beat down the ref after every match, but the winner of that match has a big leg up for the World/Olympic team! Did the attackers feel "stupid" after doing that? Would be interesting to find out. I understand your viewpoint, but unfortunately Russia, Iran, and the tiny Turks have "passion" for their sport! I think it would be neat to have 15,000 for a wrestling meet not just for NCAA's and Minny vs Iowa
          Separating the stupidity of the fans in that situation from the passion of the majority of the audience, absolutely. Whether they felt stupid about it or not, it is just a sport and not worth spending time in the slammer for.

Let's develop our passion, not the inappropiate behavior.

Both wrestlers understood the importance of the match but neither were enciting the riot. Rather, they kept within themselves and tried to keep the peace. The guy in Blue, who had the biggest beef, was actually protecting the ref. He understood his place.

Who do you appreciate more, the athlete that, as you say, pisses his pants for a 3 yd first down, or the one that gets up, maybe gives a little hand pump, hands the ball to the ref, and goes back to the huddle? Focus on the task at hand, not the individual showboating and CERTAINLY not attacking the official.

Comment

go back and...

watch the match again...My brother would have done the same thing if it was a meant something tourney! Brutal, popcorn,I'm a cop that's frightening and brutal! Besides Dustin wrestling with one leg have you ever seen any better "position" wrestlers? My guess Dustin scores more points than Jason! PINS that's another story, but you'd not understand that either! I hate wrestling more than Grossmam...I take that back!INTERCEPT this!

Separating the stupidity of the fans in that situation from the passion of the majority of the audience, absolutely. Whether they felt stupid about it or not, it is just a sport and not worth spending time in the slammer for.

Both wrestlers understood the importance of the match but neither were enciting the riot. Rather, they kept within themselves and tried to keep the peace. The guy in Blue, who had the biggest beef, was actually protecting the ref. He understood his place.

Who do you appreciate more, the athlete that, as you say, pisses his pants for a 3 yd first down, or the one that gets up, maybe gives a little hand pump, hands the ball to the ref, and goes back to the huddle? Focus on the task at hand, not the individual showboating and CERTAINLY not attacking the official.

Comment

P.S.

The sports aformentioned are OUR sports!

Comment

Working...
              X