ISU Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISU Wrestling

This past spring there was talk of ISU starting a wrestling club, if so how's it coming along? Have the Redbirds joined the NCWA?

ISU's club team (Redbird Wrestling Club) is planning on joining the NCWA this year in hopes to create more interest on campus and more interest at the college level for schools that do not offer wrestling. We will be the only Illinois school in the NCWA, which needs to change.
    FYI our long term goal for this club is to garner enough interest in wrestling at Illinois State to allow for the consideration of reinstating the wrestling program as a Varsity Sport. Any support from the wrestling community is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by RedbirdWC View Post
      ISU's club team (Redbird Wrestling Club) is planning on joining the NCWA this year in hopes to create more interest on campus and more interest at the college level for schools that do not offer wrestling. We will be the only Illinois school in the NCWA, which needs to change.
      FYI our long term goal for this club is to garner enough interest in wrestling at Illinois State to allow for the consideration of reinstating the wrestling program as a Varsity Sport. Any support from the wrestling community is greatly appreciated.

I am unclear how the NWCA works, but are their dual meets, tournaments and a post season?? Who will coach ISU 's team??
      I once was a different man than I am today... I strive for perfection, and settle for the past!!

Comment

NCWA teams host and compete in duals and tournaments just like other programs. This year's Nationals are March 13-15 at the Polk County Convention Center, Florida.

Comment

The ncwa does have duals and such, we compete in the ncwa division of at the NWCA national duals at northern iowa. Most opens also have a few NCWA teams there as well. At the end of the season there are several regionals that are national qualifiers, then the national tournament. This year the midwest, or north cental qualifier is at ohio state and the national tournament is just outside orlando.

Comment

Who is coaching ISU's team??
            I once was a different man than I am today... I strive for perfection, and settle for the past!!

Comment

Support

I would like to go to some near by meets, could they be posted!

Comment

ISU's Coach

Our coach for this year is former Stanford (Olympia) coach Mike Manahan, as well as a few of his former wrestlers.

Our schedule should be posted later this month.

Comment

just wandering

do u have to be in school to wrestle in the club

Comment

yes, I believe you have to be taking at least 6 credit hours per semester.

Comment

as far as I am aware you do not have to be in school to wrestle on the club team

Comment

Who Is On Your Team ???

Comment

Originally posted by RitaFan View Post
                          as far as I am aware you do not have to be in school to wrestle on the club team
                          If the team joins the NCWA, all the team members wll need to take at least 6 credits at ISU plus whatever the college requires.

Comment

Working...
                          X