Brantley v. Wise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brantley v. Wise

Was skimming the Loras results from the past weekend and noticed that Christian Brantley beat John Wise 2-1 in the 285 final there.

Nice win.

Originally posted by Mabuhay View Post
    Was skimming the Loras results from the past weekend and noticed that Christian Brantley beat John Wise 2-1 in the 285 final there.

Nice win.
    Nice win indeed for Mr. Brantley.

From an Illini perspectivie, this is quite discouraging. I was really hoping that Mr. Wise would have upped his game and aggressiveness so that a true freshman would not be able to hang with him. This is, after all, John's third year in a Div I room. Is he lacking confidence? skills? a sense of urgency?

I listened to the Hofstra-Missouri dual on Saturday. It came down to the heavyweight bout. Missouri's heavyweight, Mark Ellis, who had only a little more success than John Wise did last year, went after the Hofstra heavyweight. He needed 4 points to tie the dual, and Ellis just kept going and going and scoring and scoring.. he had a sense of urgency. He got the tech fall with about 30 seconds left in the match. It will be interesting to see how Wise fares against Ellis (if they meet at the Missouri Open on Sunday)-- my guess is that Ellis will win in convincing fashion.

In any event, go get 'em John!

Comment

Working...
    X