Langenderfer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Langenderfer...

Did I miss a thread about what happened to Kyle Langenderfer? Is he red shirting at Illinois or did he lose a wrestle off? With Murphy getting so much attention, I am reminded about their great finals match last year in Champaign. I was hoping to see them wrestle again this year. Sorry if this was already covered.

red shirting

Comment

He is redshirting but hope he wrestles at the Midlands unattached.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondo View Post
        He is redshirting but hope he wrestles at the Midlands unattached.
        I was at the UNI open on Saturday and Kyle was there at 149. In his first match with the score tied 5-5 he had to injury default with a knee issue.
        This was his 1st time down at 149. He had told Colin that he was going to go 157 at Midlands because he felt a little weak after the drop to 149.
        Hope it's nothing serious.
        Colin just got back on the mat after 5 weeks with a small meniscus tear. He will at the Midlands at 157 for SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by dahdah View Post
          I was at the UNI open on Saturday and Kyle was there at 149. In his first match with the score tied 5-5 he had to injury default with a knee issue.
          This was his 1st time down at 149. He had told Colin that he was going to go 157 at Midlands because he felt a little weak after the drop to 149.
          Colin just got back on the mat after 5 weeks with a small meniscus tear. He will at the Midlands at 157 for SDSU.
          Thanks for the update! I wasn't expecting Colin to be at Midlands but I will keep an eye open for him. I would think 149 would be a little too low for Kyle. I am surprised Colin to be at 157!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dondo View Post
            Thanks for the update! I wasn't expecting Colin to be at Midlands but I will keep an eye open for him. I would think 149 would be a little too low for Kyle. I am surprised Colin to be at 157!!
            Most of you don't know that even though Colin was at 170 last year he weighed in for the finals on Saturday night at 166lbs when the limit was 174.
            157 is a great weight for him. He just got done wrestling Kyle Bradley from Missouri, who is ranked 6th, in the semis and lost 3-1 in OT.
            Kyle walks around at about 160 or so. So 149 is probably his best weight.
            Just for comparison Colin weighed 177 when he entered SDSU in August.
            He was rehabbing his shoulder all summer so he was fat and happy.
            With the two a day workouts at SDSU he dropped 10lbs in the first 2 weeks. Now his weight is about 167 the week of a tournament.
            He makes 157 without missing a meal.

Comment

Most of you don't know that even though Colin was at 170 last year he weighed in for the finals on Saturday night at 166lbs when the limit was 174.
              157 is a great weight for him. He just got done wrestling Kyle Bradley from Missouri, who is ranked 6th, in the semis and lost 3-1 in OT.
              Kyle walks around at about 160 or so. So 149 is probably his best weight.
              Just for comparison Colin weighed 177 when he entered SDSU in August.
              He was rehabbing his shoulder all summer so he was fat and happy.
              With the two a day workouts at SDSU he dropped 10lbs in the first 2 weeks. Now his weight is about 167 the week of a tournament.
              He makes 157 without missing a meal.
              I appreciate you sharing that info. I hope to see both Kyle and Colin at the Midlands. 157 lbs is looking tougher.

Comment

I had Langenderfer pegged as a 149.

Good luck and good health to Colin. Will be a treat to watch him and the other Illinois kids at the Midlands. We are well represented at 157.

Comment

weight

Originally posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
                  I had Langenderfer pegged as a 149.

Good luck and good health to Colin. Will be a treat to watch him and the other Illinois kids at the Midlands. We are well represented at 157.

Kyle needs to learn that this is not high school.He WILL be at 149 he don't make these decisions,the coach does. IT WILL BE 149

Comment

Originally posted by matman1 View Post
                    kyle needs to learn that this is not high school.he will be at 149 he don't make these decisions,the coach does. It will be 149
                    YES SIR! Lol :d

Comment

Working...
                    X