Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions

Any predictions before regional start!!!

2 of the 4 Bowen Sectional’s regionals may not have a friday match.

Comment

Originally posted by UnityRocketsfn83 View Post
      Any predictions before regional start!!!
      https://youtu.be/ZRLBbXYWLbs

Comment

Not even I believe that.

Comment

Well, Happy State Series!! Its about that time to start realizing which Illinois wrestlers have put in the ultimate sacrifice this season to meet their goals. Best of luck to all wrestlers, and just fyi... Second Sucks!

Did some scaling of the intriguing match-ups this weekend. Broke down the rankings by regional to see if their are any good matches this weekend. This is what I have found and predict...

Wilmington Regional:
          @120 - Paulie Keane from Peotone (2) will face Blain Christie from McNamara (4)... My Pick is Christie from McNamara

East Alton River Regional:
          @106 - we have number 2, 3,and 4 ranked wrestlers in the same regional. Matthew Minick from Altoff (2), Aaron Neimeyer from E. Alton River (3), and Jarek Wehrle from Vandalia (4)... my pick is Wehrle from Vandalia as top pick, Vandalia is TOUGH

Robinson Regional:
          @113 - Travis Hosley from Tolono (1) vs. Cade Keepes from Mt Carmel (HM).. Hosley
          @182 - Michah Downs from Tolono (1) vs. Matt Kerr from Monticello (HM).. Downs is a Power
          @HWT - Skyler Sutton from Onley (5) vs. Logan Wilson (6) from Tolono.. Sutton

St Joe Regional:
          @113 - Gage Reed from Oakwood vs. AJ Wagner from St Joe (5).. Going with Reed on this one

Dwight Regional:
          @126 - Coby Windle from Ridgeview (3) vs. Cale Horsh from Gibson City (4).. Windle
          @145 - Daniel Gutierrez from Dwight (5) vs. Corbin Moser from Prarie Central (HM).. Dwight with a close one, but wouldnt be surprised if moser comes out on top

Polo Regional:
          @132 - Ethen Doty from W. Carroll (1), Andrew Herbst from Oregon (5), and Monky Roby from Lena-winslow all in this regional.. Doty is top 3 lb for lb in class a, he wins it
          @170 - Andrew Wenzel from Dakota (1) vs. Case Harmston from Lena-Winslow (5).. Wenzel is rollin
          @182 - Evan Riggle from Dakota (6) vs. Hunter Pate from Dixon (HM).. Riggle
          @220 - Peyton Lind from Byron (3) vs. Elijah Dertz from W. Carrol (HM).. Lind

Princeton Regional:
          @138 - Dallas Kruger from Rockridge (1) vs. Adam Meenan from Rock Falls (2).. Kruger is a STUD
          @145 - Nolan Throne from Rockridge (1) vs. Allen Catour from Orion (6).. Throne
          @152 - Kyle Tunink from Newman (1) vs. Pack Patting from Alleman (2).. Calling the upset with Patting
          @220 - Bryan Caves from Riverdale (1) vs. Brody Mulvaney from Orion (6).. Caves

Porta Regional:
          @138 - Tanner Finin from Tremont (5) vs. Hunter Protsman from Macomb (HM).. Protsman with the surprise

Illinois School of the Deaf Regional:
          @170 - Caden Owens from Mt Zion (HM) and Mitchell Morris from Roschester (HM).. Goin with Mr. Morris

Just for the Record, I have not seen ANY wrestling matches this year in Illinois, so my picks are biased. The toughest regionals, to me, look like Polo, Princeton, and E. Alton River. Best of Luck to all wrestlers, and Leave it on the MAT!!!

Comment

byron will steal a regional title.

Comment

I predict that Vandalia will win their 26th regional in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Knucklepuck View Post
                I predict that Vandalia will win their 26th regional in a row.
                I'll 2nd that! From the information on ISHA's website, I believe 24 consecutive was a state record.

Comment

Originally posted by justafan1 View Post
                  I'll 2nd that! From the information on ISHA's website, I believe 24 consecutive was a state record.
                  I believe Harvard won 27 or 28 Regionals in a row

Comment

Originally posted by petey44 View Post
                    I believe Harvard won 27 or 28 Regionals in a row
                    According to the ISHA's website, the most Regionals that Harvard won "in a row" is 21. I do not remember the school but the previous "in a row" record was 23.

With this weekend's 161 point conquest Vandalia now has 26 in a row!

Comment

I have to ask. Are they that good or is the competition that weak.

Comment

Originally posted by justafan1 View Post
                        According to the ISHA's website, the most Regionals that Harvard won "in a row" is 21. I do not remember the school but the previous "in a row" record was 23.

With this weekend's 161 point conquest Vandalia now has 26 in a row!
                        Thatís awesome, great accomplishment

Comment

Perhaps it is just a weak regional

Comment

Originally posted by heywood View Post
                            I have to ask. Are they that good or is the competition that weak.
                            You did mean to end that with a ?, correct? In order to answer that question I would need to know your definition of "good." What say ye?

Comment

Originally posted by petey44 View Post
                              Thatís awesome, great accomplishment
                              Thank you Petey44!

Comment

Working...
                              X