Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone explain what's going on? I don't want to read through the 9 pages but whats the big news? Is it wrestling related. Please fill me in, I feel like I am being left out.
    SADDLE UP! It's that time of the year. THE BRONCOS ARE READY

Comment

Originally posted by Geezus View Post
      Can anyone explain what's going on? I don't want to read through the 9 pages but whats the big news? Is it wrestling related. Please fill me in, I feel like I am being left out.
      Klimara was upset in sectionals and pinned and this person thought it was wrong for the video of that to be posted on youtube and the "FRONT PAGE" of illinoismatmen.com, which who cares it gives people the oppurtunity to see one of the most talked about matches of the year so far.

Comment

This is a tribute to the accomplishments of Klimara. If he didn't have such tremendous success this year, no one would care. I used the video as a teaching tool for my 6 year old wrestler. I watched the video with him and told him that Klimara was one of the best wrestlers in the state. Then I explained that even the best wrestlers lose sometimes. He understood that it is ok to lose sometimes, as long as you give it your best effort. Klimara is gonna be just fine. He'll probably win state this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawn Liebowitz View Post
          Silly boy! Where do you think Shelly met Brunella if not in Prof. Mwaria's Primitive Cultures lecture? You didn't think she was a Pottery major like me did you?

Do you know Frank Lymon by any chance?

I don't remember a Prof Mwaria referneced in the movie. Tell me where

Since your dead, are you acessing this site via a OUIJI Board?

Maybe your just a "crackpot"

Comment

Originally posted by Geezus View Post

Nothing about Montini in this thread, so you can just disregard it

Comment

Is this hype any different than any freshman highly ranked at 103 pounds? Klimara is an excellent wrestler, but lets be honest, he's beating a bunch of freshman. I find the accomplishments of guys like Sammy Brooks, Brad Johnson, Steve Congenie, and Marchok (sp?) to be much more incredible. These guys are wrestling grown men, and are not only competing, but dominating the majority of the competition who are upperclassman and have been on the weights for 4+ years.
              Last edited by barzagar; 02-19-2009, 10:12 AM. Reason: added congenie

Comment

Originally posted by barzagar View Post
                Is this hype any different than any freshman highly ranked at 103 pounds? Klimara is an excellent wrestler, but lets be honest, he's beating a bunch of freshman. I find the accomplishments of guys like Sammy Brooks, Brad Johnson and Marchok (sp?) to be much more incredible. These guys are wrestling grown men, and are not only competing, but dominating the majority of the competition who are upperclassman and have been on the weights for 4+ years.

Agreed!

Congenie at 140 impresses me much more than Klimara.

No disrespect to Klimara.

Comment

munster should be recognized didn't he come up from the low weights where he dominated.. and now is dominating at the middle weight

Comment

119 State champ freshman from really nowhere won a lot of close matches. 140 last year hurt. Big jump up this year.

Comment

• Crackpot?

Originally posted by grapplindad View Post

I don't remember a Prof Mwaria referneced in the movie. Tell me where

Since your dead, are you acessing this site via a OUIJI Board?

Maybe your just a "crackpot"
                      Maybe. Please just remember that some of life happens outside the movies too. Prof. Mwaria is a real life anthropology teacher. Sorry for juxtaposing real life along with blather.

If I can stick in one last comment on videogate though, it's this:
                      We teach/expect our kids to behave the same when they lose a big match as when they win a big match, I know that's easier said than done but that is the ideal. So if Drendel LOSES that match does the behavior remain the same? Does the video get posted on the front page? If the answer is NO then why post it when he wins? Seems like the role modeling doesn't match the lesson plan. Maybe that's "crackpotty" too.

I'll hang up and NOT wait for my answer.
                      "I know, she TOLD me."
                      - Shelly Dubinsky, Primitive Cultures major

Comment

• Originally posted by Fawn Liebowitz View Post
                        Maybe. Please just remember that some of life happens outside the movies too. Prof. Mwaria is a real life anthropology teacher. Sorry for juxtaposing real life along with blather.

We teach/expect our kids to behave the same when they lose a big match as when they win a big match, I know that's easier said than done but that is the ideal. So if Drendel LOSES that match does the behavior remain the same? Does the video get posted on the front page? If the answer is NO then why post it when he wins? Seems like the role modeling doesn't match the lesson plan. Maybe that's "crackpotty" too.

I like that..."Videogate"....no one (besides close friends, family teamates) will really care about a loss that Drendel might aquire like they did the Klimara loss. You have to realize that Klimara was and still is bigger (no pun intended) than life in the Illinois wrestling community. He was getting hype on this site back in the 7th grade. With that comes high expectations. some people don't like the pub and others do.

Like I said before, no one from Team Klimara has contacted im.com so we will continue along our merry way. I personally think we should post more videos. Look at all of the conversation about this one. We have to promote our sport and if video does it then so be it.

Comment

Do you not read what you are writing? There are videos of Klimara winning on www.Flowrestling.com. Go check it out... what about those poor kids that are top rated in there respective state, losing to klimara on video posted on the internet? Do you cry for them too? Answer me!

Comment

Wrestlers are a lot tougher than you think. I'll bet you Klimara doesn't care one bit about the video. His focus is on making weight and winning his first match period.

Comment

• Originally posted by fanofthemat View Post
                              Do you not read what you are writing? There are videos of Klimara winning on www.Flowrestling.com. Go check it out... what about those poor kids that are top rated in there respective state, losing to klimara on video posted on the internet? Do you cry for them too? Answer me!
                              Answer you? Okay.

How many of those videos did the Klimara family post? I'm going to go with NONE. You let me know how far off I am.

Same behavior. Win or lose. On the mat or off.
                              "I know, she TOLD me."

Comment

• Originally posted by MR TWISTER View Post
                                I like that..."Videogate"....no one (besides close friends, family teamates) will really care about a loss that Drendel might aquire like they did the Klimara loss.
                                You're getting warmer. Same behavior. Win or lose. On the mat or off.

You have to realize that Klimara was and still is bigger (no pun intended) than life in the Illinois wrestling community. He was getting hype on this site back in the 7th grade. With that comes high expectations. some people don't like the pub and others do.
                                Not fair what "WE" do to kids. No wonder some can't wait to go to another state for college.

Like I said before, no one from Team Klimara has contacted im.com so we will continue along our merry way. I personally think we should post more videos. Look at all of the conversation about this one. We have to promote our sport and if video does it then so be it.
                                And like I said before the request should've come from Team Drendel not vice versa.

I personally think we should post more videos too. Posting just one video stands out in the crowd too much and brings undue attention not to mention ridiculously tedious threads.
                                "I know, she TOLD me."

Comment

Working...
                                X