This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don@275 View Post
    3. They won't tell us what the gold dot means.
    I heard its the subject of Dan Brown's next book: The Gold Dot Code
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex DeLarge View Post

Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!
      Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex DeLarge View Post
        Michael Moore is doing the movie, I heard that Sam Elliot will play Coach Hahn.

Comment

just the facts

[quote=hf70;397935]
          Originally posted by Kurt Angle View Post
          It is a symbol for the little bald spot on hahn's head. This is where the success stems from.

On another note - why the hatred?

1. head coach comes off as a jerk to the public

As a person who has been around Illinois wrestling since the middle 60's, I have seen and watched many wrestling programs and even more wrestling coaches over the years. I came in direct contact with GBN wrestling and Coach Fulk when I started coaching high school wrestling in the mid 70's. I was very impressed with their program then and even more impressed now! Mark Hahn is only the second wrestling coach for GBN in their 45 years of existence. I have watched GBN grow even more successful over the years and as it has been debated....it is arguably the best, most consistent wrestling program over the past 40 years. I have probably seen GBN wrestle 100 times over those years and I have never seen Coach Hahn act like a jerk...intense, absolutely...focused, definitely, but acting like a jerk, never! Ask any of his wrestlers over his 25+ years of coaching about how they feel about Hahn and everyone of them will tell you how much they admire and love him...and most importantly...respect him. The negativity towards GBN wrestling is breed from jealousy, in my opinion. The amount of time those coaches put into their program and the commitment to their wrestlers is why they are so successful....look at how many wrestling coaches have come out of that program as wrestlers for GBN. I wish my son could have wrestled for Hahn...that's how much respect I have for him.
          You made some great points: Mark Hahn has done a terrific job with the GBN program, and I know first hand that his wrestlers think the world of him, but unfortunately your home cookin shows through when you make a comment that you have never seen him act poorly, and quite honestly you lose credibility. Talk to coaches, officials and fans across the state and you will find that coach Hahm is thought to be one of the poorest behaving coaches in the state. Among officials it is common knowledge, that he is very high maintenance during matches. I agree that he is a great coach in a great program, and yes I would have no problem letting my son wrestle for him, but unfortunately for him he doesn't realize that sometimes he actually hurts his wrestlers chances in big matches because officials listen to him whine and complain all the time, and they don't give him calls. Did you see the semi-final match this year with Cummings from Downers North? There is a reason GBN didn't get a stalling call at the end of the match, it's exactly my point.

Comment

Let me preface this by saying I don't hate any program in wrestling and I haven't read the whole thread. But how did Coach Hahn do as a wrestler in hs college? where?:
            Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

A lot of people mistake coach hahns intensity and love for both the sport and his wrestlers for poor sportsmanship. One of the most important things to coach Hahn is sportsmanship, ask anyone who ever through their head gear or made a scene, gaurenteed punishment followed. Yes Hahn yells a lot in the corner both at his wrestlers and the red as well, but wouldn't you want to wrestle for someone who is fighting for you every step of the way? Its easy for people who hate gbn or don't know coach Hahn to come on here and bash him. But I'd be willing to bet there are very few people who actually know coach hahn and have anything negative to say about him. Coach Hahn has put his time as much of not more than anyone during the season and in the off seasons. If coach Hahn is such a bad guy why does he volunteer to ref freestyle tournaments in which he has 10-20 kids wrestling in? People's views of Hahn and the entire gbn program are very scewed and anyone who truly knows anything about either probably only has positive things to say. Sorry for the rant. Just sick of people bashing one of the best coaches ever in Illinois. If it wasn't for Hahn I wouldn't have wrestled in college let alone been able to be coaching a high school and kids club team right now. Most of what i teach my kids I learned from coach Hahn and his staff.
              " Strength does not come from winning. When you go through hardships, and overcome adversities and decide not to surrender.. that is strength." Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

People tend to love winners.......as long as they don't do it all the time.
                "I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed!" Gen. George Patton

Comment

I think it is great to see a public high school be so consistently dominant for so many years.

I don't know coach Hahn personally, but from what I have observed, I like his style. He seems kind of like the Stone Cold Steve Austin of H.S. wrestling coaches.

Comment

Can't blame a man for trying to argue for his wrestlers to have a fair match and for trying to do all he can as a coach to convince officials or let them know about the calls, I dont see it as poor sportsmanship i just see it as a good coach trying to back up the kids

Comment

[quote=caped crusader;398031]
                      Originally posted by hf70 View Post
                      You made some great points: Mark Hahn has done a terrific job with the GBN program, and I know first hand that his wrestlers think the world of him, but unfortunately your home cookin shows through when you make a comment that you have never seen him act poorly, and quite honestly you lose credibility. Talk to coaches, officials and fans across the state and you will find that coach Hahm is thought to be one of the poorest behaving coaches in the state. Among officials it is common knowledge, that he is very high maintenance during matches. I agree that he is a great coach in a great program, and yes I would have no problem letting my son wrestle for him, but unfortunately for him he doesn't realize that sometimes he actually hurts his wrestlers chances in big matches because officials listen to him whine and complain all the time, and they don't give him calls. Did you see the semi-final match this year with Cummings from Downers North? There is a reason GBN didn't get a stalling call at the end of the match, it's exactly my point.
                      i agree with all of this completely except the part about allowing my son wrestle for anybody up at Glenbard north. no way no how. you are correct about asking any official about the folks in Carol stream, you will get an earful.

Comment

[QUOTE=owl145;398106]
                        Originally posted by caped crusader View Post
                        i agree with all of this completely except the part about allowing my son wrestle for anybody up at Glenbard north. no way no how. you are correct about asking any official about the folks in Carol stream, you will get an earful.
                        Why not?
                        http://www.video-infinity.com

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallanOnMat View Post
                          Can't blame a man for trying to argue for his wrestlers to have a fair match and for trying to do all he can as a coach to convince officials or let them know about the calls, I dont see it as poor sportsmanship i just see it as a good coach trying to back up the kids
                          There is a big difference between contesting a few calls here in there and complaining about call after call.
                          Like someone said - ask a Ref what he's thought of in the officiating community. I'll spoil it: not very highly.
                          "Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence"

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Angle View Post
                            There is a big difference between contesting a few calls here in there and complaining about call after call.
                            Like someone said - ask a Ref what he's thought of in the officiating community. I'll spoil it: not very highly.
                            the folks in carol stream can be very proud of all the wins that their team has compiled but when you start nominating the coaches for sainthood...well people are understandably going to roll their eyes. It simply doesn't make any sense....kind of like wearing cowboy boots it you don't have horse for example. just kinda silly.

Comment

Originally posted by owl145 View Post
                              the folks in carol stream can be very proud of all the wins that their team has compiled but when you start nominating the coaches for sainthood...well people are understandably going to roll their eyes. It simply doesn't make any sense....kind of like wearing cowboy boots it you don't have horse for example. just kinda silly.
                              He does have a farm, and horses.

Comment

Originally posted by Don@275 View Post
                                He does have a farm, and horses.
                                Actually, more than one farm.

Comment

Working...
                                X