Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Rowland

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt Rowland

    Noticed hes not on North Caroilina roster anymore does anyone know where hes at

  • #2
    This is just what I heard and I do not know whether or not that if it is true. Let me first say I'm a fan of Matt Rowland and think he is a great wrestler.

    I heard that he dropped out of UNC to come back home and go to a Juco to be closer to his girlfriend that is still in HS ??

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Warhawk Tom View Post
      This is just what I heard and I do not know whether or not that if it is true. Let me first say I'm a fan of Matt Rowland and think he is a great wrestler.

      I heard that he dropped out of UNC to come back home and go to a Juco to be closer to his girlfriend that is still in HS ??
      Imagine we will see him at another D1 soon

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by calotofwrestling View Post
        Imagine we will see him at another D1 soon
        I'm sure we will. Young love is hard.

        Comment


        • #5
          Young love is tough no doubt but if that is the case hope his window of opportunity doesn't close on him.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Pigeon Toed View Post
            Young love is tough no doubt but if that is the case hope his window of opportunity doesn't close on him.


            I agree, coaches I believe will understand and if I was NIU- Illionois or Northwestern to get him as a walk on right now that would be smart.

            Close enough to home and good education.

            UNC is a great school, so I assume he could get into any of those I just mentioned.

            Wrestling is just a sport that teaches great morals and ethics but it still comes down to education and hate the idea of him missing out on the UNC education.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Warhawk Tom View Post
              I agree, coaches I believe will understand and if I was NIU- Illionois or Northwestern to get him as a walk on right now that would be smart.

              Close enough to home and good education.

              UNC is a great school, so I assume he could get into any of those I just mentioned.

              Wrestling is just a sport that teaches great morals and ethics but it still comes down to education and hate the idea of him missing out on the UNC education.
              Would love to see him at NU, but not sure the admission standards are quite the same as UNC.
              Not saying he couldn't get into NU.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bwm57 View Post
                Would love to see him at NU, but not sure the admission standards are quite the same as UNC.
                Not saying he couldn't get into NU.
                There is a big difference, but it frequently depends on what "school" within the school you applying to...engineering tougher than liberal arts or ag. Can apply as a general student but you don't get to take certain classes then and you eventually have to apply to the more specific eventually.
                There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bwm57 View Post
                  Would love to see him at NU, but not sure the admission standards are quite the same as UNC.
                  Not saying he couldn't get into NU.


                  Me too- I hope he doesn't lose interest and takes advantage of the opportunty that wrestling gave him.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
                    There is a big difference, but it frequently depends on what "school" within the school you applying to...engineering tougher than liberal arts or ag. Can apply as a general student but you don't get to take certain classes then and you eventually have to apply to the more specific eventually.


                    I hear that- I think if we was eligible for UNC? Then he would probably make the criteria for NU.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Warhawk Tom View Post
                      I hear that- I think if we was eligible for UNC? Then he would probably make the criteria for NU.
                      NU is a lot harder to get into. Average ACT (Middle 50%) for North Carolina is 28 to 31
                      Northwestern is 31 to 34.

                      NU accepts 10.7% of its applicants. North Carolina accepts 30%.
                      I am not saying that UNC is not a great school, it's just not at the same level academically as Northwestern.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I agree 100% but , the athletic criteria is much lower than that for admissions. I assume even though he wouldn't get any money at first because what has already happened! They might be willing to get him in if he meets the athletic standard with a chance to earn money.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gladguy View Post
                          NU is a lot harder to get into. Average ACT (Middle 50%) for North Carolina is 28 to 31
                          Northwestern is 31 to 34.

                          NU accepts 10.7% of its applicants. North Carolina accepts 30%.
                          I am not saying that UNC is not a great school, it's just not at the same level academically as Northwestern.
                          Average ACT does not matter. I know kids that 34's and didn't get into UofI engineering admissions while other kids with 24's got into other programs at UofI. Everybody knows people backdoor it into UofI through the Ag and other departments but its still pretty hard to transfer schools once there...I am sure the sports coaches know the best routes to get their students in...there are some crazy majors and can go general to...
                          There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
                            Average ACT does not matter. I know kids that 34's and didn't get into UofI engineering admissions while other kids with 24's got into other programs at UofI. Everybody knows people backdoor it into UofI through the Ag and other departments but its still pretty hard to transfer schools once there...I am sure the sports coaches know the best routes to get their students in...there are some crazy majors and can go general to...
                            That doesn't happen at Northwestern. Academics drives admissions for athletes and non-athletes alike.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gladguy View Post
                              That doesn't happen at Northwestern. Academics drives admissions for athletes and non-athletes alike.
                              Yea but U of I Ag school.... surely there's a connection there

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X