MT Carmel-Marmion ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MT Carmel-Marmion ?

Anybody have any results? Track only had their matches with Huntley.

Originally posted by Mainefan View Post
    Anybody have any results? Track only had their matches with Huntley.
    Marmion 30
    Mt. Carmel 17

Don't know specifics (We left), but maybe Red Turban can give a recap.
    I quit caring for you, when I quit yelling at you!

Comment

Originally posted by BIRDMAN66 View Post
      Marmion 30
      Mt. Carmel 17

Don't know specifics (We left), but maybe Red Turban can give a recap.
      Marmion beat Mt. Carmel? That one surprises me.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
        Marmion beat Mt. Carmel? That one surprises me.
        Not me.

I think we are better in the end but every single match is tight in that dual. They were sharper on the day. We lost 9 matches, all by one score.

It was a great dual for fans except that the poor ref was totally hapless at that level. This Marmion team is extremely defensively built. Mostly counter offense and mat wrestling. It was hard for the ref to get the subtle changes in position for slick takedowns, stalling, back points, and falls. Both teams lost a number of real points. Marmion's boys handled that much better and pulled out every single nail biter.

We won 182, 195, 113, 120, 145. Dual started at 170.

They looked a little bit further along than us competitively at the moment. I credit the Ironman. We'll be there, I think at a better time in the season, after our big tourneys.

The first real look will be CCL.
        Last edited by Red Turban; 12-18-2016, 07:47 AM.

Comment

With Montini and their now full line-up this years CCL tournament will be wide open. Hope we are able to webcast it.
          sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Comment

Just wanted to see a great dual. I did for sure.
            The ref had no business referring that dual or any other big dual.
            He was consistently bad for both sides.
            I want to see more duals like that have 2 refs.
            That dual could be wrestled 10 times and 5 wins go to marmion and 5 to Mt. Carmel.
            Looking forward to hopefully seeing that dual again.

Comment

Originally posted by mckbln View Post
              With Montini and their now full line-up this years CCL tournament will be wide open. Hope we are able to webcast it.
              yes i hope so you would think the toughest conference tournament in the country would get more attention ...last year turnout was pretty poor considering the talent there

i credit lockport for wrestling as tough a schedule as they do but the catholic league is a prime example of iron sharpens iron and that is why any given day 3 0r 4 teams in this conference could upset lockport

Comment

Can anyone produce a line up card?

Comment

3 or 4?

Originally posted by Quickstick View Post
                  yes i hope so you would think the toughest conference tournament in the country would get more attention ...last year turnout was pretty poor considering the talent there

i credit lockport for wrestling as tough a schedule as they do but the catholic league is a prime example of iron sharpens iron and that is why any given day 3 0r 4 teams in this conference could upset lockport
                  Definitely not this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynmaggot View Post
                    Definitely not this year.
                    definately is a very strong word this early

but i agree lockport is got it going on right now and in order to beat them your gna have to have everything fall in your favor and a few upsets as well

Comment

It's December

but i agree lockport is got it going on right now and in order to beat them your gna have to have everything fall in your favor and a few upsets as well
                      Same month for every team. Expect Lockport to get much better too.

Comment

No teams are in the clear this year for much of anything. Everything of value will be seriously contested.

We have many good teams this year, that are the remnants of the many GREAT teams we had last year.

I have now seen all the top few teams. From what I've seen, any of the top 5-7 teams this year has 7-10 swing matches against each other. I think some teams match up better against each other as well. The draw may play a big part. Momentum may play a big part. This year, intangibles are going to matter.

The team that wins will be the best prepared team on any given day. This is that kind of year.
                        Last edited by Red Turban; 12-18-2016, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Turban View Post
                          No teams are in the clear this year for much of anything. Everything of value will be seriously contested
                          ...i agree tho no clear cut champ at this point which is good ...correct me if im wrong but it seems like other states put more of an emphasis on team state than Illinois does ......i havent looked that far into it but i would liketo see team state prior to individual state ...just a thouht

Comment

I love your optimism.

Originally posted by Red Turban View Post
                            No teams are in the clear this year for much of anything. Everything of value will be seriously contested.

We have many good teams this year, that are the remnants of the many GREAT teams we had last year.

I have now seen all the top few teams. From what I've seen, any of the top 5-7 teams this year has 7-10 swing matches against each other. I think some teams match up better against each other as well. The draw may play a big part. Momentum may play a big part. This year, intangibles are going to matter.

The team that wins will be the best prepared team on any given day. This is that kind of year.
                            Let's face the facts. You guys had about the same score as the 9th and 11th ranked teams and they had more kids missing then yours. It's Lockport and OPRF this year. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynmaggot View Post
                              Let's face the facts. You guys had about the same score as the 9th and 11th ranked teams and they had more kids missing then yours. It's Lockport and OPRF this year. Sorry.
                              Huh? English? You mean the teams we beat by 20 points? Still there were many swing matches in those as well that we did well to win on those days. Another day those matches might go differently.

Surely you're not talking about a dual on the 4th day of the season? I'm not saying anything new. It's been said by everybody credible. Team score spreads are irrelevant. The math says there are 14 winners and 14 losers. Whether you win by 1 or 7 points, the team score is the same 8 to 14 points the team score is the same. Team score means you won these matches and lost those. It doesn't tell you anything about the wrestling. You have to be there for that.

Remember I'm the guy that started the Lockport hype train on these boards back in September, maybe earlier. And you guys said, wait and see. Not nuts here. I'm a homer, and I'll tell you myself when I'm being a homer. Otherwise, check my record. It's pretty dam good.

Trust me on this. Anybody who thinks they got it picked...is wrong. 5-7 teams have a shot in 3A. If you were forced to make a wager go with Lockport or OPRF, but if you get two bets pick one of those two and somebody from 3-7.

Hey Quickstick, is there a line in there?
                              Last edited by Red Turban; 12-18-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X