Through the Quarters:

Blair Academy - 142.5
    Graham - 114.5
    Montini - 106
    St Edward - 101
    Wyoming Seminary - 98.5
    Lake Highland Prep - 88.5

Notes:

Montini has 4 in the semi-finals (Ragusin, Melendez, Woods, and Lewan).
    Mt Carmel still had 3 alive when I left. Marmion Academy was down to 1 (Jimminez). I don't know if Lockport has anyone left.

Mack
    sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Watching the Ironman so far... Blair is hands down the best team in the country, and in my opinion, there is not even a close second, which sucks cause Montini is has a great team but they are not close to Blair.

Looking at their roster, with only 4 seniors they are going to be on top of High School wrestling mountain for a long time.

Comment

Going in to the finals:

No change in top 3 teams:

Blair Academy
      Graham
      Montini

The Broncos have two 7th places, one wrestling for 5th, two wrestling for 3rd, and two in the finals.

Mack
      sigpic

Comment

Very impressive by Montini.
        Great Showing. Very tough team.
        Melendez is one tough wrestler. His quarterfinal match was awesome OT THRILLER.

Think Mt. Carmel has Coleman in the finals(145) and Drusias (106) places 8th.
        MC had a very good showing.

Comment

Coleman up in the finals at 145.
          Woods loses to Silva 5-2.
          sigpic

Comment

Coleman loses by fall, 4:57.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mckbln View Post
              Coleman up in the finals at 145.
              Woods loses to Silva 5-2.
              Wood Silva went to tiebreaks. Toward end of 1st tie break from bottom Woods gets to his feet and tries to kick away. As Silva corrals him Woods' shoe comes off. Woods' is charged injury time (his 2nd of match) and all hell breaks loose. Izzy is hot and steps on the mat to say his piece. The LHP coach steps on the mat and him and Izzy start jawing damn near chest to chest. A few other people come on the mat before order is restored. Woods gets his shoe on, tied, taped and is down a point. With action about to restart and about 10 secs left in the 1st tiebreak Silva chooses down (choice because of 2nd inj time). Woods jestures to the ref to cut him and is now down 2 in the 1st tie break. Whistle blows and Woods puts together about 30 attacks in 10 seconds and almost gets a td before the tiebreak period ends. I'm assuming that during the moments of heightened emotions that the Montini crew forgot it was only the 1st tiebreaker period so that's why they didn't just ride out the last seconds. Crucial mistake as Silva chooses bottom in 2nd tiebreak and Woods and cuts him to go down by 3. Instead of needing 1 TD in 30 secs he needed 2 or nearfall.

Comment

Was a wild last minute in that match. Did Silva get a TD in the match? The last few times I watched him wrestle, he had great defense position with little to no offense.

If I remember right he did the same thing vs Madrigal (besides take off his shoe)

Will that get by in college?

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
                  Wood Silva went to tiebreaks. Toward end of 1st tie break from bottom Woods gets to his feet and tries to kick away. As Silva corrals him Woods' shoe comes off. Woods' is charged injury time (his 2nd of match) and all hell breaks loose. Izzy is hot and steps on the mat to say his piece. The LHP coach steps on the mat and him and Izzy start jawing damn near chest to chest. A few other people come on the mat before order is restored. Woods gets his shoe on, tied, taped and is down a point. With action about to restart and about 10 secs left in the 1st tiebreak Silva chooses down (choice because of 2nd inj time). Woods jestures to the ref to cut him and is now down 2 in the 1st tie break. Whistle blows and Woods puts together about 30 attacks in 10 seconds and almost gets a td before the tiebreak period ends. I'm assuming that during the moments of heightened emotions that the Montini crew forgot it was only the 1st tiebreaker period so that's why they didn't just ride out the last seconds. Crucial mistake as Silva chooses bottom in 2nd tiebreak and Woods and cuts him to go down by 3. Instead of needing 1 TD in 30 secs he needed 2 or nearfall.
                  Yea, the confrontation is all over the internet already.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gulach View Post
                    Was a wild last minute in that match. Did Silva get a TD in the match? The last few times I watched him wrestle, he had great defense position with little to no offense.

If I remember right he did the same thing vs Madrigal (besides take off his shoe)

Will that get by in college?
                    No. In college, everybody has great strength and holds position well.

I guess Dean Heil gets away with it, but that isn't normal by any stretch.

Comment

Wood Silva went to tiebreaks. Toward end of 1st tie break from bottom Woods gets to his feet and tries to kick away. As Silva corrals him Woods' shoe comes off. Woods' is charged injury time (his 2nd of match) and all hell breaks loose.
                      It that a normal call in OH?

If the laces were deemed to be secure when the match started, I'm not sure how you declare them illegal after use. Honestly, I had this happen today in a dual and declared a referee's timeout until the shoe was back on and the laces were secure.

3-1-6 - The legality of all equipment, including mats, markings, uniforms and special equipment, pads and taping, shall be decided by the referee. A referee’s time-out shall be declared for the purpose of correcting legal equipment which becomes illegal or inoperative through use.

I can't find a case "play" or rule that supports injury time in this case. Is there a philosophy of which I am unaware?

Comment

Originally posted by 55663 View Post
                        It that a normal call in OH?

If the laces were deemed to be secure when the match started, I'm not sure how you declare them illegal after use. Honestly, I had this happen today in a dual and declared a referee's timeout until the shoe was back on and the laces were secure.

3-1-6 - The legality of all equipment, including mats, markings, uniforms and special equipment, pads and taping, shall be decided by the referee. A referee’s time-out shall be declared for the purpose of correcting legal equipment which becomes illegal or inoperative through use.

I can't find a case "play" or rule that supports injury time in this case. Is there a philosophy of which I am unaware?
                        I don't know. Maybe they dinged him for the laced not being covered which they missed before the match started.

Comment

I saw the video today. Silva did seem to pull the shoe off. That should have been a penalty point, same as grabbing the singlet, headgear or sock. The timeout should've been a refs timeout. He had the legal velcro straps over the laces all match long, which means he reported to the table ready to wrestle. Anything that happens during the match should be a referees timeout unless the kid undoes part of his uniform in order to delay the match like constantly taking off his headgear and putting it back on.

Comment

I don't know. Maybe they dinged him for the laced not being covered which they missed before the match started.
                            The shoes he was wearing had lace covers

Comment

Silva coach first off shouldnt be able to go to the head table and stop the match to tell the ref to watch woods pulling on the headgear.Then when woods lost his shoe the second time izzy is on the mat losing it (rightfully so) his wretler is the guy charged with injury time and giving up another penalty point and choice.
                              Since when does the opposing coach walk on to the mat when his wrestler is benefiting from the call and confront the opposing coach ?
                              Silva corner was all over the ref wanting woods to be called for pulling on the headgear in the 3rd and hands to the face .Both coaches screaming at the ref out of their chair and they created enough of a distraction to delay silva stall call to the final seconds .
                              Silva should a been hit earlier in the 3rd Which would of made him wrestle with more then just a few seconds remaining in the 3rd period with a tie score

Mad props to Izzy and Woods for the way they competed .Silva corner should of been tossed .Izzy had the pefect game plan to beat #1 silva and woods executed it perfectly all to lose because your shoe was ripped off not once but twice

Comment

Working...
                              X