Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pete Ferraro?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pete Ferraro?

    From Marmion. I didn’t see him ranked in 170! Am I missing something ?

  • #2
    He been injured

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Leg_Cradle View Post
      From Marmion. I didn’t see him ranked in 170! Am I missing something ?
      Note that Marmion has Patrick Daum in the 170 spot; he is ranked 6th per Matmen and 8th per IWCOA.

      Originally posted by will-I-am View Post
      He been injured
      This is where the IWCOA rankings have an advantage over Matmen's. IWCOA has Ferraro listed as injured, information you would never know from Matmen's.

      While IWCOA arguably ranks too many HMs, Matmen does not rank nearly enough.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks!

        Originally posted by ctdad View Post
        Note that Marmion has Patrick Daum in the 170 spot; he is ranked 6th per Matmen and 8th per IWCOA.



        This is where the IWCOA rankings have an advantage over Matmen's. IWCOA has Ferraro listed as injured, information you would never know from Matmen's.

        While IWCOA arguably ranks too many HMs, Matmen does not rank nearly enough.
        Yeah I noticed IWCOA is better when it comes 2 rankings!

        Comment


        • #5
          Didn't Montini have a Ferraro family wrestling at their school ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Fried chicken View Post
            Didn't Montini have a Ferraro family wrestling at their school ?
            Yes. One son wrestled at Montini back when they were 2A and the other wrestled for Providence and Plainfield South. I don't believe they were related to the Ferraros who wrestled at SCN and Marmion.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Leg_Cradle View Post
              Yeah I noticed IWCOA is better when it comes 2 rankings!
              I love how matmen doesn’t rank 50 kids a weight. In old system and system used by IWCOA everyone is ranked or HM, you beat a HM kid your now a HM kid. By end of season basically anyone with winning recored is HM. Mattmen makes them earn it, please don’t change and buy into the everyone gets a trophy philosophy.
              Last edited by WRFAN99; 01-26-2019, 07:07 PM. Reason: Typo

              Comment


              • #8
                Sure add spot at bottom for Inj kids, that’s nice

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by WRFAN99 View Post
                  I love how matmen doesn’t rank 50 kids a weight. In old system and system used by IWCOA everyone is ranked or HM, you beat a HM kid your now a HM kid. By end of season basically anyone with winning recored is HM. Mattmen makes them earn it, please don’t change and buy into the everyone gets a trophy philosophy.
                  While I agree that IWCOA ranks too many HMs (especially at certain weights), IMO Matmen doesn’t rank enough and if you are going to stop at 4 HMs per weight, just go ahead and add the numbers 7-10. Don’t pussyfoot it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by WRFAN99 View Post
                    I love how matmen doesn’t rank 50 kids a weight. In old system and system used by IWCOA everyone is ranked or HM, you beat a HM kid your now a HM kid. By end of season basically anyone with winning recored is HM. Mattmen makes them earn it, please don’t change and buy into the everyone gets a trophy philosophy.

                    Its just another form of a results page.
                    About 50% of posts are asking for results box scores... and your asking for less results.
                    Give me a reason (a real reason) why IWCOA should only have 10 wrestlers results at each weight.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ctdad View Post
                      While I agree that IWCOA ranks too many HMs (especially at certain weights), IMO Matmen doesn’t rank enough and if you are going to stop at 4 HMs per weight, just go ahead and add the numbers 7-10. Don’t pussyfoot it.
                      I wouldnt really call it “pussy-footing”....
                      As has been mentioned on here before, the reason IM ranks the top 6 is because it is that exact number that receives medals at the state finals. Thus, it is a weekly “glimpse” at the top 6 medalists at each weight, with the honorable mentions added in for different classes. The HM guys then represent the guys who could perhaps be in contention for medals, as of the date of publication.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Danny Burk View Post
                        I wouldnt really call it “*****-footing”....
                        As has been mentioned on here before, the reason IM ranks the top 6 is because it is that exact number that receives medals at the state finals. Thus, it is a weekly “glimpse” at the top 6 medalists at each weight, with the honorable mentions added in for different classes. The HM guys then represent the guys who could perhaps be in contention for medals, as of the date of publication.
                        Ya... Whats the difference really? A number or HM. How about if they did it like this:
                        .
                        greatest
                        great
                        better
                        good
                        pretty good
                        ok

                        I was at a Sectional where TWO top SIX didn't qualify for State

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mencoe View Post
                          Ya... Whats the difference really? A number or HM. How about if they did it like this:
                          .
                          greatest
                          great
                          better
                          good
                          pretty good
                          ok

                          I was at a Sectional where TWO top SIX didn't qualify for State
                          I mean, yes, there are going to be guys ranked, by any publication, who do not place perfectly according to their rank. Some ranked wrestlers won't make it to state, some who aren't currently ranked may place very high. Rankings during regular season are generally only done based on the results that have already taken place.
                          I can understand your previous argument about results -- but that is why IM has always had a results page AND a rankings page. Clearly the Admins don't have total control about getting the results, but no one does.
                          I, for one, have enjoyed the "new" format for IM rankings, ranking the top 6. Not every kid in the state needs to be ranked or listed on rankings....just like not every kid in the state is going to get a medal.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Danny Burk View Post
                            I wouldnt really call it “pussy-footing”....
                            As has been mentioned on here before, the reason IM ranks the top 6 is because it is that exact number that receives medals at the state finals. Thus, it is a weekly “glimpse” at the top 6 medalists at each weight, with the honorable mentions added in for different classes. The HM guys then represent the guys who could perhaps be in contention for medals, as of the date of publication.
                            Oh, I know the theory; I just don’t find the Matmen rankings particularly useful, especially for downstate schools. I use them to see how tight a regional bracket might be. To me, one with 4-5 high HMs is much more compelling than one with one top 6 and a bunch of never weres. You don’t know those via Matmen, you do with IWCOA. Each has a place.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              IWCOA=too many. On a cold bus ride to conference yesterday one of our wrestlers did a great job of keeping the guys loose. He told them he was now a HM in the rankings. Once everyone stopped laughing, he replied, no honestly I am. We confirmed it and suggested he make sure to get a picture of it. I was trying to figure out if it was his fft victory in a dual last Saturday or his 1-1 performance at conference duals that vaulted him into the rankings. Like someone said beat a HM and you become a HM. On the flip side it takes multiple losses to fall out of the rankings.
                              IL Matmen = not enough. Too many wrestlers will never meet in the regular season. Too try and narrow it down so small is counterproductive and near impossible.

                              I have always been a big David Letterman fan. I would love to see Matmen go to flat Top 10 for every weight in each class. I am now showing my age but when I was growing up the SunTimes college football ranking were always the AP Top 20. I would love to see IWCOA do that for each weight class in every class.

                              Just someones humble opinion.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X