Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual State....

Lets talk.....

Can Mt. Carmel close the gap (33-25) and beat Montini at Sandburg Sectional? What about Marmion, why have they not wrestled Montini this year... Come on! get someone on the schedule next year, please.

Is Sandburg Sectional the State dual finals?

Can OPRF get healthy and fill in a few holes and make a run?

Do any high schools have saunas for there wrestlers?

Blair!

Originally posted by gulach View Post
    Lets talk.....

Can Mt. Carmel close the gap (33-25) and beat Montini at Sandburg Sectional? What about Marmion, why have they not wrestled Montini this year... Come on! get someone on the schedule next year, please.

Is Sandburg Sectional the State dual finals?

Can OPRF get healthy and fill in a few holes and make a run?

Do any high schools have saunas for there wrestlers?

Blair!
    I think the question should be can Marmion close the 54-12 gap vs MTC

Comment

Originally posted by allpowerfuloz View Post
      I think the question should be can Marmion close the 54-12 gap vs MTC
      Or
      How about we back it up a bit. Who will all the Regional winners be, and who will face who at sectionals

Comment

An attempt at the Dual State Brackets. Can someone check my work?

ORLAND PARK (SANDBURG) TEAM SECTIONAL MATCH #2
        Aurora (Marmion Academy) Regional vs Burbank (Reavis) Regional
        VS
        MCHENRY TEAM SECTIONAL MATCH #1
        Palatine (Fremd) Regional vs Rockford (East) Regional

DEKALB TEAM SECTIONAL MATCH #2
        Carol Stream (Glenbard North) Regional vs Chicago (Lane) Regional
        VS
        SOUTH TEAM SECTIONAL MATCH #1
        Plainfield (North) Regional vs Tinley Park (Andrew) Regional

MCHENRY TEAM SECTIONAL MATCH #2
        Carpentersville (Dundee-Crown) Regional vs Libertyville Regional
        VS
        ORLAND PARK (SANDBURG) TEAM SECTIONAL MATCH #1
        Lansing (TFS) Regional vs Summit (Argo) Regional

SOUTH TEAM SECTIONAL MATCH #2
        Bradley (B-Bourbonnais) Regional vs Granite City Regional
        VS
        DEKALB TEAM SECTIONAL MATCH #1
        Park Ridge (Maine East) Regional vs South Elgin Regional

Comment

I cant find the schematic. Anyone else know if this is correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Mencoe View Post
            I cant find the schematic. Anyone else know if this is correct?
            https://www.ihsa.org/NewsMedia/Annou...t-Drawing.aspx

Comment

Class 3A Dual Team Wrestling

Starting lineup:
              Pea #1 represents winner of Match 1 of DeKalb Sectional
              Pea #2 represents winner of Match 1 of McHenry Sectional
              Pea #3 represents winner of Match 1 of Orland Park (Sandburg) Sectional
              Pea #4 represents winner of Match 1 of TBA Sectional (south of I-80)

Pea #5 represents winner of Match 2 of DeKalb Sectional
              Pea #6 represents winner of Match 2 of McHenry Sectional
              Pea #7 represents winner of Match 2 of Orland Park (Sandburg) Sectional
              Pea #8 represents winner of Match 2 of TBA Sectional (south of I-80)

Bracket drawing:
              Quarterfinal bracket position #1: pea #7, Match 2 of Orland Park (Sandburg) Sectional
              Quarterfinal bracket position #2: pea #2, Match 1 of McHenry Sectional
              Quarterfinal bracket position #3: pea #5, Match 2 of DeKalb Sectional
              Quarterfinal bracket position #4: pea #4, Match 1 of TBA Sectional
              Quarterfinal bracket position #5: pea #6, Match 2 of McHenry Sectional
              Quarterfinal bracket position #6: pea #3, Match 1 of Orland Park (Sandburg) Sectional
              Quarterfinal bracket position #7: pea #8, Match 2 of TBA Sectional
              Quarterfinal bracket position #8: pea #1, Match 1 of DeKalb Sectional

Boys Individual Wrestling

Starting weight of the championship bouts at state final: 113 lbs.

Boys Dual Team Wrestling Sectional Pairings

In boys dual team wrestling, the regional winners will be paired at the sectional level as follows:

The names of the four regional sites will be alphabetized according to standard IHSA naming protocol and labeled A through D.
              The first sectional match (Match 1) will pair the winner of Regional #D and the winner of Regional #C.
              The second sectional match (Match 2) will pair the winner of Regional #A and the winner of Regional #B.
              The winners of Match 1 and Match 2 will both advance to the state final tournament. The pairings for the state final tournament are outlined above.

Comment

Any predictions?
                In the sectional It looks like two meets will come down to the last match or two.

Libertyville Vs Barrington

Edwardsville Vs. LWW

Comment

Lockport vs Plainfield South should be a good one.

Comment

My predictions are 1st: Montini 2nd: Mt Carmel 3rd: OPRF 4th: DeKalb

Comment

Bumping this rather than starting a new thread. You're welcome lol

OOOOOok, so I am more than a little nervous about tonight's Sectional matchup vs Marmion. I felt a whole lot better about it 4 weeks ago.

Marmion had a really strong state series, while we seemed to struggle a bit. Also, it's really hard to keep guys sharp that didn't qualify for state. It'll be tighter than it needs to be, and I'm really wishing I could be there to root my boys in brown on.

It might end up being the final match for some of my favorite guys. Let's go Caravan!

Comment

Marmion had a great state tournament! Is Marmion still a little banged up?

The team that could make some real noise is Dekalb! what about them last weekend! They have a big bus heading in the right direction.

Comment

Marmion down low is gonna be a handful, up top is where Mt. Carmel gotta bring home their own bacon.

Toss-up matches at 170 and 220 will go a long way to determining the winner.

Whoever best avoids surrendering bonus points might prevail.
                          "That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." -- P.C. Hodgell

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon

Comment

There is a lot riding on this dual for a lot of schools besides the 2 competing.

Comment

Originally posted by CONDOR View Post
                              There is a lot riding on this dual for a lot of schools besides the 2 competing.
                              Sounds like an ominous chord should be struck...
                              "That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." -- P.C. Hodgell

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                              X