Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comcast Live Iowa State, but NOT Illinois

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comcast Live Iowa State, but NOT Illinois

    Why am I watching LIVE Iowa state wrestling tournament on Comcast tv in Illinois while we have our own tournament live right now?

    That is ridiculous

  • #2
    Originally posted by Cole's Opionion View Post
    Why am I watching LIVE Iowa state wrestling tournament on Comcast tv in Illinois while we have our own tournament live right now?

    That is ridiculous
    Indiana is on too as well as Iowa.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cole's Opionion View Post
      Why am I watching LIVE Iowa state wrestling tournament on Comcast tv in Illinois while we have our own tournament live right now?

      That is ridiculous
      Yep, and the Iowa broadcast is first rate as well. For the finals they will have a 4 way split screen, with 3 of them showing each class’ finals and the 4th with the current score of each match.

      Comment


      • #4
        Any high school AV Club could do a better job than the crappy NFHS broadcast.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bwm57 View Post
          Any high school AV Club could do a better job than the crappy NFHS broadcast.
          It has been this way for at least the last 5 years. Wrestling is simply a bigger deal sport in Iowa. Not sure if any HS basketball is on in Illinois, I think they have some games of the week through the winter.
          There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
            It has been this way for at least the last 5 years. Wrestling is simply a bigger deal sport in Iowa. Not sure if any HS basketball is on in Illinois, I think they have some games of the week through the winter.
            No doubt Iowa loving their wrestling.

            Good luck getting a ticket to the State Tourney.

            Illinois we'll show plenty of basketball on T.V. that's for sure.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
              It has been this way for at least the last 5 years. Wrestling is simply a bigger deal sport in Iowa. Not sure if any HS basketball is on in Illinois, I think they have some games of the week through the winter.
              This is the STATE FINALS, not some basketball game of the week.

              Total garbage showing by the IHSA, Comcast, Illinois Wrestling, the state of Illinois and anyone else that I can blame.

              Yes, it is this way every year, and every year it burns my @ss.

              Comment


              • #8
                sound??

                will there at least be sound for the finals?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Any chance that Comcast feels that the IHSA is asking for too much $$$ for the rights?
                  Or that the IHSA determined there is more $$$ in charging for a live stream?
                  Or that the IHSA feels that reduced ticket sales, and thus less $$$, might be generated if there was a readily available live broadcast?

                  I hope I'm wrong but could it be as simple as the $$$??

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Artheritis View Post
                    Any chance that Comcast feels that the IHSA is asking for too much $$$ for the rights?
                    Or that the IHSA determined there is more $$$ in charging for a live stream?
                    Or that the IHSA feels that reduced ticket sales, and thus less $$$, might be generated if there was a readily available live broadcast?

                    I hope I'm wrong but could it be as simple as the $$$??
                    It's ALWAYS about the $$$ !!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Crystal Clearly View Post
                      This is the STATE FINALS, not some basketball game of the week.

                      Total garbage showing by the IHSA, Comcast, Illinois Wrestling, the state of Illinois and anyone else that I can blame.

                      Yes, it is this way every year, and every year it burns my @ss.
                      Can you ever make a post without your feminine ICONS!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        mat #3 camera

                        Can someone please move the camera back????? the right side of the matt isn't even in the picture!!! please???

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          score board

                          i guess the announcers have no idea we can't see the score board never mind the whole mat!"He's in red on the score board"!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Stritchjanitor View Post
                            Can you ever make a post without your feminine ICONS!!!
                            Are you still upset about your empty bandwagon?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              No Stritch, I won't wear panties for you.

                              Originally posted by Stritchjanitor View Post
                              Can you ever make a post without your feminine ICONS!!!
                              Now you stalk me through private messages....... creepy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X