Frosh/soph state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frosh/soph state

This was my favorite time of the year of coaching. Do you want your youngsters that didn’t make it down state to get caught up? Enroll them into this series! When you look at the results sophomore year and then in 2 years look at the state series they almost Mirror each other. Not really on top of it anymore, but there must be some website for the regional assignments. 5 pound weight allowance unless it used to be. When or lose, they will be more prepared for the state series next year! Have fun and good luck!
    Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Its on track and its a 3lb allowance

Comment

Originally posted by HuffHall View Post
      I do not, I repeat do not want anyone under or overweight. But in the past it has been a 5 pound allowance from scratch, meaning 126 becomes 131.

Comment

A kid in my class stated he was going 131, and I asked him and he said it’s a 5 pound allowance. I will go look at the website but nobody eat or not eat because of what I posted! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
          This was my favorite time of the year of coaching. Do you want your youngsters that didnít make it down state to get caught up? Enroll them into this series! When you look at the results sophomore year and then in 2 years look at the state series they almost Mirror each other. Not really on top of it anymore, but there must be some website for the regional assignments. 5 pound weight allowance unless it used to be. When or lose, they will be more prepared for the state series next year! Have fun and good luck!
          Heartily endorse this and the follow on results 1-2 years later are remarkable, especially at the upper weights.

I think they just use the regular weights now (adding a a 101 pound one). You arenít tied to your regular season or postseason weight so who cares. Go where you are comfortable.

Those who participate will see all levels of competition from guys who lost the match to go to state to those who were JV all year, and you never know how good a kid might be. Billy Blaser of Geneseo won 285 (twice, IIRC) while being stuck at JV behind a 2x medalist.

Comment

frosh soph state illinois wrestling 2019

Comment

I tried copying and pasting it didn’t work. If you Google frosh soph state 2019 it says boys and girls. Disregard my advice about weight classes. I will tell you this that I know for sure, for those that think it’s a joke or something, we talk about three classes they are all in one!

Comment

And the poster above is correct, this is not affiliated with the IHSA, when I did it it was a AAU or some other organization. So you can wtestle up or down A weight class. Coaches can join together and coach other teams. Kids can coach kids. Parents can coach kids. All you need is the proper credentials that I am sure they list on the website you pay for a pass as a coach and then you are a coach.
                Last edited by oldpioneer; 02-22-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

It's now done by iwcoa.net under events and then state championships

Comment

https://iwcoa.net Thanks MG

Comment

https://iwcoa.net/freshsophandgirlsh...championships/ There you go, three weeks of solid wrestling!

Comment

Originally posted by HuffHall View Post
                        I looked on track and cant find the allowance. where does it say 3lbs? Same as everyone else I don't want to tell my son it a certain amount and him be overweight or underweight for no reason. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kettlebell99 View Post
                          I looked on track and cant find the allowance. where does it say 3lbs? Same as everyone else I don't want to tell my son it a certain amount and him be overweight or underweight for no reason. Thanks in advance.
                          Weight Classes 101, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285 (+3 pound wt. allowance Entire Series)

you need to download the flyer on the IWCOA website

Comment

Originally posted by Tuff On Top View Post
                            Weight Classes 101, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285 (+3 pound wt. allowance Entire Series)

you need to download the flyer on the IWCOA website
                            I did. It says scratch weight

Comment

Originally posted by Kettlebell99 View Post
                              I did. It says scratch weight
                              Never mind. I was looking at the girls section.

Comment

Working...
                              X