Prospect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect

Is there any way to follow the Prospect tournament on-line? Canít find it on track.

Originally posted by agd1 View Post
    Is there any way to follow the Prospect tournament on-line? Canít find it on track.
    That would be nice if teams hosting tournaments put forth the effort to use available technology.

Comment

Final Prospect brackets have been posted on our tournament results page.
      Illinois' Premier Wrestling Website

Comment

Baysinger

Will Baysinger of Prospect upset #1 Charlie Farmer of Moline 2-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainefan View Post
          Will Baysinger of Prospect upset #1 Charlie Farmer of Moline 2-1.
          A very questionable stall call made the match 2-1. Would have liked to see these guys decide it in overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by GETOFFYOURHIP View Post
            A very questionable stall call made the match 2-1. Would have liked to see these guys decide it in overtime.
            Video? Or it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by 55663 View Post
              Video? Or it didn't happen.
              No video, but I watched it live. I did not think it was a good stall call. Seems like stalling is being called much more frequent this year than last. Not sure anyone really understands when a stall call should be made, including the officials, coaches and wrestlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
                That would be nice if teams hosting tournaments put forth the effort to use available technology.
                The trackwrestling full use system with their clocks is an expensive system. There are ways to use trackwrestling without the full system, but many believe their are other programs that are way easier to use instead of the marked down ways of using Trackwrestling. If you use the full trackwrestling system and run 4 mats you are looking at about a $10,000 investment for 4 full trackwrestling systems. That's alot of money that alot of programs just can't spend.

Comment

We are never going to make everyone happy with the way stalling is called. I prefer it to be called too much rather than too little.

Comment

Originally posted by lookleft goright View Post
                    We are never going to make everyone happy with the way stalling is called. I prefer it to be called too much rather than too little.
                    I don't disagree, but my personal feeling on officials and complaints towards them has way more to just do with consistency. I get that wrestling is a subjectively officiated sport, but on some things it would be nice to see more consistency from one official to another. That's what makes it hard to deal with from a coaching aspect. This especially holds true on "points of emphasis" where we hear about "this is going to be called this way and blah, blah, blah" but then is not called that way consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by Central IL Guy View Post
                      I don't disagree, but my personal feeling on officials and complaints towards them has way more to just do with consistency. I get that wrestling is a subjectively officiated sport, but on some things it would be nice to see more consistency from one official to another. That's what makes it hard to deal with from a coaching aspect. This especially holds true on "points of emphasis" where we hear about "this is going to be called this way and blah, blah, blah" but then is not called that way consistently.
                      I think that the stalling has become so complicated it is hard to keep it consistent. There is so much gray area that who the heck knows what is stalling and what is not stalling.

Comment

I agree. But if the kids move on to the next level itís Call even more frequent. They should get use to it now.

Comment

I was at Prospect and thought the stalling call was a good one. In fact I thought Charlie was going to get hit again in the 3rd. Will had such great hand control and used a strong underhook, Charlie just couldn't defend himself without backing up and blocking. Really entertaining match, both wrestlers are really good. Baysinger is going to be a star.

Comment

My 2 cents on stalling… Its December not one kid on a varsity wrestling team should ever be called for stalling. Go and score points, work on getting to your spots. Try to get better not try to escape with a 2-1 victory or defeat.

And if a kid does get called for stalling two times they lose the match on the spot.

Illinois has to get better at wrestling. The east coast kids are kicking our tails, so when we have kids who are getting called for stalling in December and January we have a problem. Let’s fix it and coach kids up to fight for 6 hard minutes, shake hands, watch the tape and get better tomorrow.

like Montini, they are going to roll through every Illinois school (awesome) but tinkled down there leg in Ohio… Is Montini going to get better wrestling any Illinois team this year? I sure don’t think so, I would even include MTC is that discussion.

Its frustrating to see two really good wrestlers only get 1 takedown in a 6 min match in December and January.

Beast

Comment

Originally posted by gulach View Post
                              My 2 cents on stallingÖ Its December not one kid on a varsity wrestling team should ever be called for stalling. Go and score points, work on getting to your spots. Try to get better not try to escape with a 2-1 victory or defeat.

And if a kid does get called for stalling two times they lose the match on the spot.

Illinois has to get better at wrestling. The east coast kids are kicking our tails, so when we have kids who are getting called for stalling in December and January we have a problem. Letís fix it and coach kids up to fight for 6 hard minutes, shake hands, watch the tape and get better tomorrow.

like Montini, they are going to roll through every Illinois school (awesome) but tinkled down there leg in OhioÖ Is Montini going to get better wrestling any Illinois team this year? I sure donít think so, I would even include MTC is that discussion.

Its frustrating to see two really good wrestlers only get 1 takedown in a 6 min match in December and January.

Beast
                              I wouldnít say they roll EVERY Illinois team. Come February I could see that MC team knocking them off

Comment

Working...
                              X