X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletcher
    replied
    Originally posted by oldfat145 View Post

Obviously it was pre-planned but Cook Co just followed Chicago's lead on the vax passports. Sure the next step is Fatboy making it state wide. Don't see any way we are going to make it through but doing my best to stay optimistic.
    Vax passports have nothing to do with it. IDPH rules say high risk sports get shut down in areas of high transmission. Right now, all of IL is high transmission. This is the concern. Hopefully, the IHSA is working out alternatives - either deciding this is a short term spike and powering thru it or delaying regionals by a couple weeks so the spike has passed. Since state was cancelled last year, I assume they'll do everything in their power to make sure that doesn't happen again this year.

Leave a comment:

• Suffer Now
    replied
    Fatboy will ruin it. Chicago teacher's union is off their rockers, that's not helping. Hell, microsoft can remote teach students and it wouldn't require a pension plan.

Leave a comment:

• oldfat145
    replied
    Obviously it was pre-planned but Cook Co just followed Chicago's lead on the vax passports. Sure the next step is Fatboy making it state wide. Don't see any way we are going to make it through but doing my best to stay optimistic.

Leave a comment:

• oldfat145
    replied
    Originally posted by Grapple20 View Post
    From the news of Midlands being canceled just now, I'm sure IHSA is going to follow suit

Leave a comment:

• RedTree86
    replied
    I sincerely hope State of IL (JBP) does not make this political again and shut things down. I know there are a lot of schools taking the next 10 days or so off to ensure covid doesn't explode. My hope is that "break" will allow for duals/quads to continue in the new year and track towards state series. Omicron appears to be quite contagious, but not nearly as dangerous as Alpha or Delta - not severe and quick recovery. If they (State of IL) truly follow the science (purport themselves as the "party of science"), they will not lock lock things down and will let it play out. Time will tell .... I would say 25% it's a "go", 75% chance it's "stop". I feel bad for these kids .... two years in a row.

Leave a comment:

• Grapple20
    replied
    From the news of Midlands being canceled just now, I'm sure IHSA is going to follow suit

Leave a comment:

• CONDOR
    started a topic Regionals

Regionals

I am hearing the IHSA will not be releasing regional assignments until after the 1st of the year. I guess the hold up is they still do not have enough host schools. Most likely due to Covid.
Working...
X