1st Annual Illinois Matmen High School Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Annual Illinois Matmen High School Challenge

Illinois Matmen is very pleased to announce our 1st Annual High School Challenge Wrestling Tournament hosted by Shabbona Middle School in Morris, IL. This one day double elimination tournament will take place on Sunday, March 15th, two weeks after the IHSA Dual Team State Tournament.

Our goal is to bring together 250 of the best high school wrestlers from Class 1A, 2A, and 3A. Pre-registration for state medal winners will begin immediately after the IHSA Individual State Tournament with open registration starting the Monday after IHSA Dual Team State.

Proceeds from this tournament will go towards the continued growth of this website as well as the Morris High School Prom-fest, which is responsible for creating a safe environment for students after prom.

For more information, please visit our tournament website. We look forward to a great turnout!
    Illinois' Premier Wrestling Website

If Its...........

a good turnout I might have to watch that
    If you're a champion, you have to have it in your heart.
    - Chris Evert

Comment

Great!

Sounds good, hopefully it'll become a tradition and go on from years from now.
      Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward; Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.
      For a wounded man shall say to his asylan "If I live, I will kill you", 'If I Die, You are forgiven." Such as the rule, of Honor.

Comment

What a great idea!

I know in the mid 1980's there use to be a wrestling dual meet between the best in A and AA. Every year a few of the class A boys would surprise everyone by beating a AA State Champ. There should be some good matchups. I think Roth will win his weight if he enters. Is this IHSA approved? Hope you don't have to share the proceeds with the greedy IHSA. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMFISHING View Post
          I know in the mid 1980's there use to be a wrestling dual meet between the best in A and AA. Every year a few of the class A boys would surprise everyone by beating a AA State Champ. There should be some good matchups. I think Roth will win his weight if he enters. Is this IHSA approved? Hope you don't have to share the proceeds with the greedy IHSA. Good luck to everyone.
          I had teamates do this in 1990 & 1992, but that might of been one of the last years for it
          Unless you continually work, evolve, and innovate, you'll learn a quick and painful lesson from someone who has-Cael Sanderson

Comment

Thanks, just added a link on my forums to this.

Comment

it was the best seniors in A vs. the best seniors in AA. It lasted to aroung the early 90's, then ended and the Illinois Vs. Indiana duel started.

Comment

will there be a weight allowence?

Comment

Yes, there is an allowance.

Originally posted by outofshape View Post
                  Just click on the link in the main article for more details.

Comment

Originally posted by outofshape View Post
                    4 lbs. and you can choose to enter at a weight higher than what you wrestled during the state series.

Comment

Yes, it's IHSA approved. Wrestling does not fall under the All-Star by-laws. And no, the IHSA doesn't get a cut.

This could really be something special if we can get a high number of state medalists. Are you up for the challenge? (I think I'm going to use this as our slogan.)

Comment

Are you going to have clothing for sale?

Your idea is good. Maybe we can have a contest for the best idea for a slogan and logo for the tournament.

Here is one; "The Best of Illinois Challenge".

We really need the best wrestlers to particapate. There could be some great matchups. Many A, AA wrestlers would love to wrestler the best; i.e..Roth, Foreside, Gonzales, Figueroa, Murphy,.......

Comment

i don't like that the consolation bracket is 1-1.5-1.5 thats way too short of a match
                          Win or Die Tryin'

Comment

Originally posted by Fierce View Post
                            i don't like that the consolation bracket is 1-1.5-1.5 thats way too short of a match
                            Remember that this is a one day tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Fierce View Post
                              This is the same length as NHSCA National out in Virginia Beach too(in the wrestle-backs). Also, helps to make this a one day event.

Of course we're going to learn a lot in year one. Maybe next year we go to full length periods, maybe not.

I do know this; if we get a nice group of "All Staters" to show up, it's going to be a very exciting day of wrestling even with shorter wrestle-back periods.
                              Eat, sleep and wrestling.

Comment

Working...
                              X