Illinois Matmen Forums

Illinois Matmen Forums (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wrestling Talk (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Impeachment: Call to order! (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67062)

MAL 10-04-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 (Post 556544)
Because,

President Obama's policy was to separate parents from children when there was proof that the parent was abusing or neglecting the child, just like state law in every state in the country.

Trump's policy was to separate every parent from every child.

You should stop drinking the blue kool aid. I don't know what they put in it to make it blue, but it can't be good for you.

ChiefIllini1 10-05-2019 06:52 PM

Wanted to highlight this tweet that I just read as I think it's perfect:

Quote:

Judd Legum
@JuddLegum
53m
Trump says his call with the Ukrainian President was “perfect” and he did absolutely nothing wrong and also he didn’t want to do the call and the whole thing is Rick Perry’s fault
This was my best tweet on the subject:

Quote:

I just realized this:

Trump is New York Rick Perry.
Here's a timeline of interactions between Trump and GOP Senators:

Quote:

THEN: GOP Senators immediately took his calls.

NOW: "Tell him that I'm in a meeting and I'll get back to him in a few minutes."

SOON: "Tell him that I'm out of the office, and that I'll call back tomorrow."

AFTER THAT: "Tell him I'm busy."

FINALLY: "Mr. President, there are nine Republican Senators here, and they say they need to see you. They don't have an appointment."

MAL 10-06-2019 08:19 PM

What do you think would happen if Trump was impeached and convicted. I think he would win in 2020 "big league" or if you prefer bigly.

Crystal Clearly 10-08-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAL (Post 556587)
"big league" or if you prefer bigly.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...1eNYSeh0W717Og

Just about sums it up. :rolleyes:

MAL 10-08-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal Clearly (Post 556650)

What...I cant make fun of Trump...I thought you lefties would get a kick out of that.

Getting impeached does not necessarily exclude the impeached from running for the same office again.

Blonjuan44 10-08-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal Clearly (Post 556650)

We should at least be able to know if he was joking or not. No one has or has been able to ask if he was joking. Senators says he was, 75% of American say we was not. Do we have to guess each time if he is joking or not? 30% of human have no sense of humor - that is a bad start.

ChiefIllini1 10-09-2019 03:14 AM

Article of Impeachment #6 - FOREIGN CORRUPT PRACTICES ACT.

The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act prohibits bribing a foreign official. In this Article of Impeachment, that foreign official is Vladimir Putin, the President of Russia. A prosecution must prove the following elements:

1. An American business;
2. Made a payment or offered to make a payment;
3. To a foreign government official;
4. With a corrupt motive;
5. To (a) influence that official, or (b) secure an improper advantage, or (c) induce the official to use his or her influence to affect an official act or decision;
6. In order to assist in obtaining business.

See 15 U.S.C. §§ 78dd-1. According to a CNN report, Michael Cohen and Felix Sater, while working on the Moscow Trump Tower project, considered offering Vladimir Putin a $50,000,000.00 penthouse in the building. “Cohen, who was then-candidate Trump’s attorney had discussed the idea with a representative of Putin’s press secretary.”

The assumption here is that Trump’s lawyer told Trump that he had offered to spend $50,000,000.00 of Trump’s money. If you are offering to spend $50 million of somebody else's money, I suspect the first thing you do is get the approval of that somebody else. Here was the planned Moscow Trump Tower:

ChiefIllini1 10-10-2019 01:15 AM

The face that I make when I agree with Fox News is the same face you see on that guy in the slasher movie when he opens the door we told him not to open!

I also thought it was interesting that Fox News referred to him as "Trump" and not "President Trump." Has that been standard procedure at Fox? They could have kept the same font and size type and used "Pres." at least, but they chose not to. Significant? I don't know.

MAL 10-10-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 (Post 556687)
The face that I make when I agree with Fox News is the same face you see on that guy in the slasher movie when he opens the door we told him not to open!

I also thought it was interesting that Fox News referred to him as "Trump" and not "President Trump." Has that been standard procedure at Fox? They could have kept the same font and size type and used "Pres." at least, but they chose not to. Significant? I don't know.

Fox has a bunch of liberal nut jobs running the place...not as many as everybody else, but that is why they can claim to be fair and balanced...because they allow opposing opinions. I don't get Fox out here in the woods, so I can't answer your questions.

MAL 10-10-2019 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 (Post 556662)
Article of Impeachment #6 - FOREIGN CORRUPT PRACTICES ACT.

The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act prohibits bribing a foreign official. In this Article of Impeachment, that foreign official is Vladimir Putin, the President of Russia. A prosecution must prove the following elements:

1. An American business; Rosemont Seneca
2. Made a payment or offered to make a payment;1 billion dollars
3. To a foreign government official;Ukraine
4. With a corrupt motive;To fire the investigating prosecutor
5. To (a) influence that official, or (b) secure an improper advantage, or (c) induce the official to use his or her influence to affect an official act or decision;To avoid prosecution
6. In order to assist in obtaining business. Consulting in an industry that he had no prior experience

That is Bad

In light of the new evidence and recent precedent set by the Democrat party, I would like to vote Nay again...counted as my second vote...I may vote a few more times