Illinois Matmen Forums

Illinois Matmen Forums (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Burk Blog (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Illinois Matmen Featured On HOI-19 TV (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29672)

Danny Burk 02-17-2010 08:54 PM

Illinois Matmen Featured On HOI-19 TV
 
Here is a story done by HOI-19's Jim Mattson about Mike Bare, the man behind IllinoisMatmen.com. Click "Watch the Video" to see the actual news story.

Pressure33 02-17-2010 09:08 PM

Wow, Michael Bare is the man!! What a contribution to wrestling in Illinois! We are so lucky to have a passionate individual willing to donate his time to our sport!

Celtic50 02-17-2010 09:42 PM

Did anyone notice an assiatant soccer coach scratching himself in the background:D... sorry i had to point it out.

Seriously it is nice to see someone like mattson do something positive for the local wrestling community in Peoria. Lord knows our local paper is not as positive or even have an understanding of the sport. Glad Mike and the burke family put in so much time for the rest of us. I really appreciate what you guys do for Illinois wrestling.

Greenskin 02-18-2010 09:01 AM

Watched the video. At the end of it I saw some footage of Kevin broadcasting with a conspicuous can of Coke in front of him......a Simon Cowell wanna be????

AGD dad 02-18-2010 09:34 AM

Very nice!!! We Really appreciate all that you do.

A sincere thank you Mike.

Danny Burk 02-18-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celtic50 (Post 284559)
Did anyone notice an assiatant soccer coach scratching himself in the background:D... sorry i had to point it out.

Seriously it is nice to see someone like mattson do something positive for the local wrestling community in Peoria. Lord knows our local paper is not as positive or even have an understanding of the sport. Glad Mike and the burke family put in so much time for the rest of us. I really appreciate what you guys do for Illinois wrestling.

Gotta do what you gotta do - somehow just got caught on camera haha.

admin 02-18-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenskin (Post 284681)
Watched the video. At the end of it I saw some footage of Kevin broadcasting with a conspicuous can of Coke in front of him......a Simon Cowell wanna be????

Actually, that was my Coke. Kevin would pass out if he had Coke. He is a Diet Coke addict.

Danny Burk 02-18-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 284698)
Actually, that was my Coke. Kevin would pass out if he had Coke. He is a Diet Coke addict.

We tried that once (sneak the coke in substitution for the diet) - and he almost did pass out ha.

admin 02-18-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Burk (Post 284700)
We tried that once (sneak the coke in substitution for the diet) - and he almost did pass out ha.

I remember that. Kev was not a happy camper.

MR TWISTER 02-18-2010 10:06 AM

I think we have to give a shout out to Mike's wife because anyone that is married with a young family like Mike's has to have the support of his wife. She is the unsung hero.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.