View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006
Varsity

The Burk Blog 5/2

Hello everyone. Have not written anything for a while so I just wanted to let you guys know what I was up to and what has been going on. I wrestled in the University Nationals this past weekend and those went alright. I did not do as well as I wanted. I won my first match 3-2, 2-0 over the kid who took 5th and then lost to Roger Kish, who was the NCAA Runner up this past year. Then I beat Ray Blake but then lost to a kid from Ohio so I was out. I thought I was good enough to place, but I did not wrestle well in my last match. The new rules really don't favor me very much as it is a lot of pushing and things. I just like to wrestle without worrying about giving up points by just stepping out of bounds.

Other than that, I have been working out pretty hard trying to improve for next year. It wil feel nice being able to wrestling folkstyle in practice again. I need to work on my mat wrestling and I still need to get stronger and quicker. We are going to have a real tough schedule next year that I definately need to get ready for. We have Midlands, Stevens Point, Omaha again and then I think we are going to go to Reno, which is another real tough tourney. I am hoping to have a great offseason so I can be successful next season. I am expecting a lot out of myself after my redshirt season.

I hope that all of you are having a great offseason, whether you are a coach, fan, wrestler, or even a parent. Good luck to all IL wrestlers at freestyle state and in Fargo. I hope the dual team can finally bring home a title after we came up just short again last season. Peace for now...

Last edited by admin; 05-02-2006 at 10:53 PM.