View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010
Wrestling Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILWrestle View Post
My only concern has to do with "where" it was posted. I am not disagreeing with the article or Twist's responsibility to report and comment for IM. I just don't think it needs to be a lead article along with the otherwise noteworthy wrestling stories of the day. If this is a media site as you say, "like a newspaper," ask yourself, would that type of commentary or editorial opinion be a lead story on the front page? I oversee five school websites and if this was one of my sites, because it singles out a group and an individual in a negative way, I'd ask that it be moved to the inside...where it belongs. We can agree to disagree here and if I'm disagreeing to the standards Admin set forth for you guys, OK. I only commented because I care about IM and its reputation. Many coaches and fans who frequently visit this site, including the hundreds of coaches I speak to every season, depend on IM for its outstanding coverage, rankings and up-to-date tournament and dual results and yet rarely visit the forums because of the trash talking and rumor-monging that appears on the surface to prevail. The article is a direct and personal message to the Marmion staff. Consider how they feel and then ask yourself, should it be on the front page of this newspaper or in the editorial section?
They don't have a problem with what is said or where it is placed. The Marmion staff has my contact info and they have contacted me as I stated in my last post. At the risk of sounding vain there are many people that come here to read my blog and other blogs here. As much as regular news stories are a draw so is my blog. That is why I only write when I have something to say. Saturday I had to say something and my blog was the place I had to say it. The beauty of being American is the press can not be censored.

This is really a non issue and as Jaguar said, let's not lose the real message here. That message surely is not where my comments or opinions are placed. If what I write effects how Marmion coaches then I am much more powerful then I should be. And on a final note there are plenty of websites and newspapers that run columns on there front page.