Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 01-17-2010
Varsity

Team Rankings

Team rankings should move a bit after this weekend! With Providence win in the Geneseo tournament over Minooka, Lockport over Nequa Valley and Sandburg win over CLC. Both the Suntimes and Matmen rankings should change a few spots!
Old 01-17-2010
Olympian

Are the team rankings also based on tourney performances? I thought they were pretty much based on head to head/dual meets?
Old 01-17-2010
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubdnas View Post
Team rankings should move a bit after this weekend! With Providence win in the Geneseo tournament over Minooka, Lockport over Nequa Valley and Sandburg win over CLC. Both the Suntimes and Matmen rankings should change a few spots!
Sanburg is AAA, CLC is AA so tell me how that affects team rankings???
Old 01-17-2010
Olympian

Quote:
I would be surprised to see Providence jump Minooka based on one tournament finish. The entire body of work still favors Minooka with the teams they have beaten heads up in duals. Providence is no doubt a better tournament team, but the team championship is decided by duals.
Old 01-17-2010
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunner1215 View Post
I would be surprised to see Providence jump Minooka based on one tournament finish. The entire body of work still favors Minooka with the teams they have beaten heads up in duals. Providence is no doubt a better tournament team, but the team championship is decided by duals.
I think there is definitely doubt especially cuz Minooka was missing a couple guys and Cody Jones didnt finish the tournament. I think it depends on the strength of the tournament. The state tournament i would definitely take Provi.
Old 01-17-2010
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilisjj2591 View Post
I think there is definitely doubt especially cuz Minooka was missing a couple guys and Cody Jones didnt finish the tournament. I think it depends on the strength of the tournament. The state tournament i would definitely take Provi.
You are exactly right. It depends on the strength of the tournament and the match-ups that occur.
Old 01-17-2010
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan1 View Post
Sanburg is AAA, CLC is AA so tell me how that affects team rankings???
Suntimes ALL Team rankings has CLC over sandburg and Minooka over Providence!
Old 01-17-2010
Varsity

Quote:
3A rankings will fallout as such:

1) Minooka- They currently are the best dual team tho Providence has proven they will be ready come dual state.

2) Sandburg- This team is very similar to Minooka meaning no real super-studs but a very solid through-out.

3) Providence- I think right now nobody wants to go up against this team in a dual at state.

4) Plainfield Central- They took 2 losses this week. Having no 103lber and injuries are really hurting this team.

5) Mt Carmel- This is a very good team even with all the injuries.

This late in the season and keys injuries really can change the outcomes. And every team seems to have them.

Also don't count out Lockport. They are getting guys back are looking even more formidable.
The Tinley Park regional will be very close between Providence and Lockport.
Looks like the winner going against Minooka
Old 01-17-2010
Varsity

Quote:
My personal opinion is the Sun- Times Rankings is like the National Enquirer like all other rankings, they dont mean diddly squat. CLC will never face Sandburg in state two different divisions.
Old 01-17-2010
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunner1215 View Post
Crazy runner,

Providence is no doubt a good tournament team, so is Minooka, I heard they were without there 215 pounder. They beat Minooka by 2.5 pts I believe? That seems awfully close to say that one team is better than the other when wrestler/wrestlers are missing.
Sponsored Links