Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 05-16-2019
Junior Varsity

Grape VINE

Anyone have details that many class A regionals might be 2 days because of all the schools that are dropping?
Old 05-21-2019
TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

From what I heard if there is more than an 8 team regional they will have to go to 2 days. Basically was told if the guy wins his first match loses and then wrestles all the way back to third he will be over the match limit for the day. It will be his 6th match of the day.
Old 05-21-2019
Varsity

If there are 12 teams or less in the regional nobody will need to wrestle more than 5 times. There would have to be 13+ wrestlers in a bracket. You can check out the 132 lbs bracket at the Bradley Regional in 3A this year which had 9 wrestlers in it if you’d like to verify for yourself.
Old 05-21-2019
Olympian

I am pretty sure 11 is the magic number. 11 or more in a bracket could lead to 6 matches. I am also pretty sure in the past the IHSA handled this by not giving the pre-lim losers a wrestleback. Of course that was when these 11 or more team regionals were few and far between. With the new 1A having in most cases anywhere from 10 to 12 teams it will be interesting to see how the IHSA handles it.
Old 05-22-2019
Varsity

I looked at the bracket with 9 wrestlers again from Bradley and you are correct Condor. I had only looked at it from the perspective of the wrestler who lost the pigtail, but if you win a pigtail and then lose in the quarters, you could need to wrestle 6 times in a bracket with 11 or more in it.
Sponsored Links