Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 01-17-2020
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
... report identifies six audiences with different opinions about global warming: The alarmed (18%), the concerned (33%), the cautious (19%), the disengaged (12%), the doubtful (11%) and the dismissive (7%).

You are in the extreme 7% of dismissive. You complain that everyone else is in the 18% alarmed. Like most things, most people are in the middle: its probably true, why not take moderated easy steps to ease it, not going to spend too much or do anything extreme to address it. Why did your buddy Trump go from "Hoax" to real? On a side note, how do ex-military people feel about shin splint deferment Trump always talking about he knows more about the military matters than military lifers and denigrates every military hero that disagrees with him?

https://www.rff.org/climatesurvey/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public...global_warming
I have no problem with Trump's deferment, neither Clinton or Obama served either. Trump managed to avoid a Benghazi disaster, too. I take Trump's stupid comments with a grain of salt because unlike Obama who coughed up 1/3 of Iraq to ISIS, the "JV Team", and then had to redeploy troops but saddled them with absurd ROEs, Trump let Mattis handle Iraq and he deployed US conventional forces to fight with the Kurds and already deployed Special Ops forces and the result was kicking ISIS *** out of Iraq and all the way back into Syria. Trump and Mattis had a falling out over Turkey and I totally side with Mattis, BUT...still much better end results than Obummer had. As far as Climate Change, I am not dismissive, I just don't think it's as serious as the alarmists believe, and the fact is that numerous climate scientists don't buy the gloom and doom predictions. In fact, several have pointed out the juggled and fudged statistics, the human carbon footprint being much less than the alarmists suggest, and the fact that we are still in an overall period of global cooling (polar ice caps that didn't exist prior to the Great Ice Age...at one time Antarctica was a forested land mass), and humans generally do better during warming trends, unlike the Mini Ice Age that hit Europe during Medieval times and caused the deaths of thousands due to cold and starvation.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 01-17-2020
Olympian

Quote:
... report identifies six audiences with different opinions about global warming: The alarmed (18%), the concerned (33%), the cautious (19%), the disengaged (12%), the doubtful (11%) and the dismissive (7%).

You are in the extreme 7% of dismissive. You complain that everyone else is in the 18% alarmed. Like most things, most people are in the middle: its probably true, why not take moderated easy steps to ease it, not going to spend too much or do anything extreme to address it. Why did your buddy Trump go from "Hoax" to real? On a side note, how do ex-military people feel about shin splint deferment Trump always talking about he knows more about the military matters than military lifers and denigrates every military hero that disagrees with him?
That is a good point. Most people are probably in the middle, but they are in the middle of a hoax/tax. Trump has not changed his mind about climate change. Climate change is real...nobody can deny that...nobody can do anything about it either, except God. Man made climate change is a hoax.

Co2 is not pollution...plants and trees can not survive without it. More Co2 will cause more trees to grow. Cutting Co2 will be harmful to plant life. Have you seen that big orange thing in the sky?...the sun...that is what regulates earths temperature. If you can figure out how to turn it up or down let me know, because I would like to turn it up a little.
Old 01-18-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
That is a good point. Most people are probably in the middle, but they are in the middle of a hoax/tax. Trump has not changed his mind about climate change. Climate change is real...nobody can deny that...nobody can do anything about it either, except God. Man made climate change is a hoax.

Co2 is not pollution...plants and trees can not survive without it. More Co2 will cause more trees to grow. Cutting Co2 will be harmful to plant life. Have you seen that big orange thing in the sky?...the sun...that is what regulates earths temperature. If you can figure out how to turn it up or down let me know, because I would like to turn it up a little.
Now you are saying that it is real, just the cause is a hoax. Funny how sheeple start to use the same language as Trump:

One of your many old posts: "29 billion dollars per year...now you are talking my language. That is 29 billion reasons big science wants to keep the hoax alive, but 29 billion is just the tip of the ice berg. Politicians get very wealthy spending tax dollars to buy power. It does not matter what they spend money on as long as the people they spend it on remember where they got it and what they had to do to get it. We have spent trillions on this hoax."

You must be in the top 7% for intelligence to see what most others do not. Remember your lengthy posts about how it was not real. That is a big change - about being wrong. You must love Saudi, Venezuela, and Russia - they are the big winners by your hoax game comrade. Putting up some wind turbines and planting some trees and have shipping vessels add a co2 capture devise are not that hard and paying a couple buck more in tax is not that hard - complainers about taking baby steps to address it are such snowflakes, its like the people who complained about the change in light bulb technology - there is more choice now than ever in light bulbs. Since you do not believe in science, you might want to stick a fork in a light socket. Science sais electricity it real. Or is only the cause of electricity a hoax.

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 01-18-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-18-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Now you are saying that it is real, just the cause is a hoax. Funny how sheeple start to use the same language as Trump:

One of your many old posts: "29 billion dollars per year...now you are talking my language. That is 29 billion reasons big science wants to keep the hoax alive, but 29 billion is just the tip of the ice berg. Politicians get very wealthy spending tax dollars to buy power. It does not matter what they spend money on as long as the people they spend it on remember where they got it and what they had to do to get it. We have spent trillions on this hoax."

You must be in the top 7% for intelligence to see what most others do not. Remember your lengthy posts about how it was not real. That is a big change - about being wrong. You must love Saudi, Venezuela, and Russia - they are the big winners by your hoax game comrade. Putting up some wind turbines and planting some trees and have shipping vessels add a co2 capture devise are not that hard and paying a couple buck more in tax is not that hard - complainers about taking baby steps to address it are such snowflakes, its like the people who complained about the change in light bulb technology - there is more choice now than ever in light bulbs. Since you do not believe in science, you might want to stick a fork in a light socket. Science sais electricity it real. Or is only the cause of electricity a hoax.
You are about 40 years behind, but I will try to get you caught up. A long long time ago...you may not remember, but they used to scare school children by telling them the the planet was warming...and it was caused by their parents SUV's. They called it "global warming". The debate was and has always been whether it was caused by man or god. They actually taught in school that if the planet warmed 1 degree we would go into another ice age...but the funniest thing happened...it stopped warming for almost 20 years. During those years the phrase " "man made global warming is a hoax" became a common phrase among "climate deniers". That is when they changed the name to Climate change so we couldn't make fun of them anymore, because the climate always changes. It gets warmer and it gets colder, so no matter what happened they were right. The phrase "man made climate change is hoax" is about 20 years old. I don't know where you got the Idea that people thought the climate doesn't change, but I think I told you that it does change, three times in this thread alone. When someone says climate change is a hoax, they are just assuming that everybody knows that the debate is between man made and a natural phenomenon.

Here is some science for you. Take a look at the temperature swings in the last 11,000 years...our current temperature is below average. It looks like we should have stopped using the Edison light bulb 10,000 years ago. Humans didn't cause Climate change then, and we are not causing it now. You have fallen for a hoax.

https://www.iceagenow.info/planet-en...t-10000-years/
Old 01-18-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
You are about 40 years behind, but I will try to get you caught up. A long long time ago...you may not remember, but they used to scare school children by telling them the the planet was warming...and it was caused by their parents SUV's. They called it "global warming". The debate was and has always been whether it was caused by man or god. They actually taught in school that if the planet warmed 1 degree we would go into another ice age...but the funniest thing happened...it stopped warming for almost 20 years. During those years the phrase " "man made global warming is a hoax" became a common phrase among "climate deniers". That is when they changed the name to Climate change so we couldn't make fun of them anymore, because the climate always changes. It gets warmer and it gets colder, so no matter what happened they were right. The phrase "man made climate change is hoax" is about 20 years old. I don't know where you got the Idea that people thought the climate doesn't change, but I think I told you that it does change, three times in this thread alone. When someone says climate change is a hoax, they are just assuming that everybody knows that the debate is between man made and a natural phenomenon.

Here is some science for you. Take a look at the temperature swings in the last 11,000 years...our current temperature is below average. It looks like we should have stopped using the Edison light bulb 10,000 years ago. Humans didn't cause Climate change then, and we are not causing it now. You have fallen for a hoax.

https://www.iceagenow.info/planet-en...t-10000-years/
First you said it was a hoax, then 2 posts ago you said the below:

"Climate change is real...nobody can deny that...nobody can do anything about it either, except God."

Now you are saying it is a hoax again. You are the world's worse troll. You need to go back to your Russian Troll school and stay on message.

I doubt you and 1% (2% non) of viable scientists are smarter on the topic than 80% of the populous and 97% of scientists. Your ex-weatheman and people looking to make a buck yammerings about man-made or natural are tiresome. natural would not have spiked like it did. Each cargo carrier in the ocean is basically a coal mine fire, and can switch with a little pressue. If you think there is better information than NASA and NOAA then you are going way out of your way for bad info. Pretty soon you will be claiming you don't know Lev Parnas and that you cannot post due to a shin splint condition.

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/17/do-s...limate-change/

To be skeptical that humans are causing global warming, you must believe two things. Something unknown is causing warming that happens to mirror the greenhouse effect. And something unknown is somehow suppressing the well understood (and well observed) greenhouse effect. So we can accept what we know to be true (greenhouse warming) or we accept two unknowns.

The saying goes if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck. But climate skeptics are trying to convince us it's some other, undefined animal impersonating a duck that's also mysteriously hiding the real duck.

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 01-18-2020 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-18-2020
Olympian

Quote:
First you said it was a hoax, then 2 posts ago you said the below:

"Climate change is real...nobody can deny that...nobody can do anything about it either, except God."

Now you are saying it is a hoax again. You are the world's worse troll. You need to go back to your Russian Troll school and stay on message.

I doubt you and 1% (2% non) of viable scientists are smarter on the topic than 80% of the populous and 97% of scientists. Your ex-weatheman and people looking to make a buck yammerings about man-made or natural are tiresome. natural would not have spiked like it did. Each cargo carrier in the ocean is basically a coal mine fire, and can switch with a little pressue. If you think there is better information than NASA and NOAA then you are going way out of your way for bad info. Pretty soon you will be claiming you don't know Lev Parnas and that you cannot post due to a shin splint condition.

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/17/do-s...limate-change/

To be skeptical that humans are causing global warming, you must believe two things. Something unknown is causing warming that happens to mirror the greenhouse effect. And something unknown is somehow suppressing the well understood (and well observed) greenhouse effect. So we can accept what we know to be true (greenhouse warming) or we accept two unknowns.

The saying goes if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck. But climate skeptics are trying to convince us it's some other, undefined animal impersonating a duck that's also mysteriously hiding the real duck.
I think your are trolling me. Saying that incandescent light bulbs, fossil fuels, and Co2 cause climate change is the hoax. It is not possible for humans to change the climate on earth by any percentage of a degree.

What spike are you talking about? Did you look at the chart of the last 10,000 years. Our current climate is way below average...we are not even close to all time high temperatures...we are much closer to all time low temperatures. How can you look at that chart and think that our temperatures are outside of normal fluctuations? If our climate temperature has spiked, we are experiencing the lowest temperature spike in the last 10,000 years. Humans will adapt to what ever mother nature dishes out.

There is no way that I would believe NASA, they were caught changing historical data to fit the climate change narrative.

Lev Parnas will be a star for about two weeks, then he will discarded for the new witness that will "Take Trump down"...just like the whistle blower. This is all scripted...Democrats already know who the next bombshell witness is..they are just waiting for the right time to drop the bomb, but it will be a dud if they can't change the mind of the Republican voters.

Last edited by MAL; 01-18-2020 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2020
Olympian

Climate change Predictions in Canada
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR6wds_ly2s
Old 01-18-2020
Olympian

97% BS

I don't agree with all of what is said in this video, but what they say about the 97% consensus is interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewJ6TI8ccAw
Old 01-18-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
I have no problem with Trump's deferment, neither Clinton or Obama served either. Trump managed to avoid a Benghazi disaster, too. I take Trump's stupid comments with a grain of salt because unlike Obama who coughed up 1/3 of Iraq to ISIS, the "JV Team", and then had to redeploy troops but saddled them with absurd ROEs, Trump let Mattis handle Iraq and he deployed US conventional forces to fight with the Kurds and already deployed Special Ops forces and the result was kicking ISIS *** out of Iraq and all the way back into Syria. Trump and Mattis had a falling out over Turkey and I totally side with Mattis, BUT...still much better end results than Obummer had. As far as Climate Change, I am not dismissive, I just don't think it's as serious as the alarmists believe, and the fact is that numerous climate scientists don't buy the gloom and doom predictions. In fact, several have pointed out the juggled and fudged statistics, the human carbon footprint being much less than the alarmists suggest, and the fact that we are still in an overall period of global cooling (polar ice caps that didn't exist prior to the Great Ice Age...at one time Antarctica was a forested land mass), and humans generally do better during warming trends, unlike the Mini Ice Age that hit Europe during Medieval times and caused the deaths of thousands due to cold and starvation.
Trump has zero respect for those in the military. He called the top brass dopes and babies - and that coming Mr. shin splints. ikihs
https://www.military.com/daily-news/...top-brass.html

https://www.rand.org/blog/2020/01/ba...-be-heres.html

Benghazi is more than 1,000 miles from nearest base in Aviano and beyond the combat patrol area of an F-16 without re-fuelling. There were already 5000 troops in Iraq. We probably all wish they would have laid waste to the whole site and the killers and mob if they knew the Americans were dead in Benghazi or even before if the Americans could have sheltered. The errors were in letting it get to that point. There is an error is pulling non-military citizens and expecting them to be experts in such matters. The experts in those matters should make the call with consent of course, perhaps they did. The President gets blame or credit but its really not their field of expertise, Iraq an Iran are not close to being over - Trump will likely incite them to the point of war and then lose, and then say it was fine when he was President. Eratic weirdoism is not a trait in a President.

Its odd what people believe experts on and what they don't. Heart surgeons yes, climate scientists - no. Both are probably wrong - but only occasionally.

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:46 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

I wonder what subset of climate change deniers are also gun cos-players? I believe that a lot of them believe something just because their "team" believes it. Strange way to go through life!

Anywho, here's a bit I did with pictures from yesterday's Virginia Cos-Play rally. They really should get a convention center and use fake pointy ears and phasers:

Let this old Ghost Preacher have one last word with you: Guns are extinct. They are still on the battlefield only because a human life costs less than a drone. Guns, my friends, have gone the way of the Dodo bird, except that they're still good for murder and accidental killings.
Sponsored Links