Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 11 Hours Ago
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
I humped an M16 in the Army and fired and taught my squad how to fire the 50 Cal. We all know what the term "assault weapons" means.
Evidently not if you use it incorrectly to describe an AR-15. I spent years training with the CAR-15, MP-5, Colt 1911, .50cal, Mk-19, even trained on the Stinger Missile System a benefit of the SFQC Weapons Course so I hate when people call a firearm something it's NOT. Did a lot CQB back in the day as well. Interesting to note that my former unit felt they needed a round with more punch than the 5.56mm 55gr so they developed the .300 AAC Blackout round that necked down the 5.56mm casing and provided a heavier grain bullet, yet the upper is compatible with a standard M4 so it can easily be swapped out. I go back to Ft Bragg in November every year for our unit reunion. Last year I saw the latest .300blk round they just started using...240gr, hollow point, and the gelatin block tests were amazing!! Naturally I had to build a few myself...so I did. Awesome rifle when paired with a Vortex Stryke Eagle (red dot reflexive sight). So, I say again, if you have a problem with that...it's YOUR problem...not mine. Oh yea...competition tomorrow and last night I just ordered more bulk ammo online...freaking AWESOME!!!

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 10 Hours Ago
Olympian

MacK, I donít think he was questioning your knowledge of fire arms. He was just trying to say that he understands what these things can do.

From me personally, you are exactly an example of someone who knows how to take care of a weapon. That doesnít just mean using it, it means keeping other peoples hands off. And I mean that as a complement, I owe you a slice of pizza at Leyden!

Reverend Illiniwek: There is a sinner amongst us.
Old 9 Hours Ago
Olympian

Mack, I have a serious question for you. I do understand the caliber of a bullet is basically the width Of the projectile. What is the maximum caliber allowed by law?
If you do not answer this basic question I will take that very personally. In fact, you will have to buy your own pizza at Leyden. This is a legitimate question. Your expertise is needed. Sincerely, Bob
And don’t say you don’t read my posts. We are friends, remember?
Old 9 Hours Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
In countries that do not have guns violent crime is higher. like England for example.
Ha, that is funny. What more violent than murder? The US is a violent country, generally top 5 depending on the chart. Always will be. Love it or Leave it. Cost of Freedom?

https://www.google.com/search?q=murd...Er-30nwTgfUYM:

So now the plan, again, is to fix all mental illness - good luck with that. (And most of these shooters are not considered mentally ill.) And to tax firearm owners for the "clean-up" of their portion, sounds expensive but just might fix two problems at the same time.
Old 3 Hours Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Ha, that is funny. What more violent than murder? The US is a violent country, generally top 5 depending on the chart. Always will be. Love it or Leave it. Cost of Freedom?

https://www.google.com/search?q=murd...Er-30nwTgfUYM:

So now the plan, again, is to fix all mental illness - good luck with that. (And most of these shooters are not considered mentally ill.) And to tax firearm owners for the "clean-up" of their portion, sounds expensive but just might fix two problems at the same time.

A 10 ft rope and a 15 ft drop will cure the criminally insane, even if they are not crazy.

I think it is important to get the facts correct. the reason every one of your charts has different numbers is because they have to cherry pick countries to make America look bad. If we are only counting homicides, the US is 94th on the list and the UK is 185th We are not even close to the top five.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

Now lets talk about violent crime rates and what happens when a country takes guns away from its citizens. These numbers are from 2009 so things may have changed one way or the other, But we were having this exact same argument in 2009 as we are having now.

"There are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the U.K., making it the most violent place in Europe. Austria is second, with a rate of 1,677 per 100,000 people, followed by Sweden, Belgium, Finland and Holland. By comparison, America has an estimated rate of 466 violent crimes per 100,000."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...of-Europe.html

I think it is also important to recognize where nearly all of the violent crime is taking place. Most homicide is black on black, and it is taking place in cities that Democrats have been running for 50+ years. Hispanics are committing more than their share of crime as well.
Sponsored Links