Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 09-02-2019
Olympian

I definitely want that business shut down! I just saw on the news they pulled over someone in Orland Park and they had nine stolen guns. They were released an electronica monitoring, that **** needs to stop. So, we make guarantee jail time for possession of an illegal weapon. Then we ban these weapons of mass destruction. And then we make people title them so The people in Indiana making huge money by just meeting in a forest and handing over a bag will think twice because that gun will come right back to the person who purchased it over the counter!

By the way, I have calmed down my rhetoric these days. I truly believe youíre going to have two respectful candidates debating in the presidential election. I also believe that we will have two qualified and dignified cabinets. One, is a stable genius, and the other has never heard of a category five hurricane!
Old 09-02-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
The second amendment included cannons. Cannons were the most powerful weapon of the day. I don't feel like looking it up again, but I have proved this with the founders own words.

The bad guys need to fear the good guys. They need to have a big lump in their throat when they see a hanging of their gang leader turn into a decapitation. This is a battle of hearts and minds.

If a contractor looses the tools of his trade,he will get new tools if he wants to stay in business. The same can be said about a gangster...take his tools and he will get new tools if he wants to stay in business. Why is crime the only business that Democrats don't want to shut down?

These old arguments do not work anymore. If you are the expert, come up with something that works. We know what works, countries with the same amount of mad or crazy people do not have these issues. Yes, please talk about the stabbings - that is silly too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McSMrGMkPCY

"Chicago proves that Criminals don't obey laws..." - this is a dumb argument, it just means we need consistency between states."

The cannon thing is a bad argument. Why not neutron bombs then? That is what the government would use on you. They don't damage the property, just kills the living things. If you really need it to keep you government in check you need the same or better weapons.

One solution: make all guns pink. That way if you really want it for protection and not just being cool you would still want it. Not my idea, just one you hear around.

I do not care about the gun issue, it is interesting to see how the other side will be bought. It is about money. The price is about to go way up on both sides. I assume the will be some regional lockers. Turn them in for a few years, get them back for a few years...back and forth. Do people still hunt in Canada...yes they do.

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 09-02-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-02-2019
Olympian

Two great points! Consistency between states. When the framers designed the constitution there was a vast difference between states. It also was a four day ride by horse to go to the next one. With the Internet and high-speed travel itís high tide to start making some sort of consistent laws across the country. After all, we all reference the same amendment donít we? Imagine for a second if my car could not be picked up and a database in Wisconsin? Ludicrous.

I have never heard of the pink gun idea before but I absolutely love it! People would paint them but so what. You know I posted before about Freudian theory and grown-up session being an unconscious phallic desire. I posted on Facebook and everybody went nuts! LOL I told him to take it up to Sigmund Freud. They asked for his number? LOL but someone else posted that for some of these A.R. 15Ďs or think it was Remington rifles theyíre advertising slogan is ďget back your man card.Ē I didnít think it was true until I googled it.

I actually was threatened a couple times with a gun on Facebook by two dudes. The funny thing is, I never remember either of them ever fighting or competing in any sport. I do remember them being the kind that crowd around the fight with fascination and kind of get it going you know what I mean?

Iím a lover not a fighter but I definitely told both of them that if we ever met up they had better have a pistol, maybe then at least they have a chance. Even that stand your ground rule. Iíll bet there are tons of dudes in those states that start something knowing that if things go wrong, they can end up on top of a body.

I wish someone wouldíve suggested at the federal level pink guns! LOL
Old 09-02-2019
Olympian

As far as the cannon goes. I taught Texas history for four years. One of the first flags to ever fly over the republic of Texas was a canon with letters that read, come and take it! The cannons were called the twin sisters and they came from Cincinnati Ohio. Mexico had a problem with the gun ownership in Texas, but most importantly Texans loved owning slaves! Slavery has always been illegal in Mexico. Texans will say they were fighting for their freedom, yeah they were, the freedom to own slaves! That’s why I sounded like I was kidding about the bazooka and the squirrels. I was obviously. But when does it stop? Someday and A.R. 15 will be an out dated weapon.
Old 09-02-2019
Olympian

History is moving and repeats itself. Can you believe that Mexico demanded that Texans who were on Mexican soil pay a tariff for products coming from the United States? Outrageous!
Old 09-02-2019
Olympian

MAL, If you don’t think that I am concerned about the gun violence in Chicago you are nuts. I am living through it. At the end of the day Friday I was teaching US history. The kids all looked out the window and saw a young man coming through an on authorized entrance. He was on his phone and speaking in a loud tone and acting very angry. I actually didn’t see it . A kid screamed out that guy looks suspicious. Without looking out the window I said teachers come in and out of that door all the time. The kids said, that ain’t no teacher! I looked out the window, he was wearing a dego t and then his left shoulder I saw forks clear as day come and he did look angry. All the kids are all looking out the window. I looked at a kid and said, he is gangster disciples right? She said Yep. I hit the buzzer for security. Our resource officer met him immediately along with local police department. It turned out he is a relative of some faculty or staff member at the school. Fine. Tomorrow morning I might get called in and say I overreacted. I will thank them for the compliment. If they say something about the GD Tat. I will tell them that he was displaying it for a reason, attention. Well, he got it! Any other questions? I have given up along time ago about convincing kids not to join street gangs. But I tell you this, it would be a cold day in hell before I allow a kid display that in my classroom. Since the kids were restless, I showed them how I have drilled Eye hooks into solid oak on a cabinet next to the door, as well as one on the door. Then I pulled out the cargo strap in my lectern. I showed him how fast I can put it on and release it. Here’s the sad part. The kids said if there is ever a shooting the school They hope they are in my classroom. You stay put in the woods armed to the tilt. I am the one On the frontline , armed with nothing but a vicious low single. Well, this morning was chores at dad’s house, this was just a halftime break now I’m going after the chores outside at my house. Peace and love.
Old 09-02-2019
Olympian

Before I take my aggression out on the weeds on the west side of my house I want to clarify something. I did not believe we had an active shooter whatsoever. I saw no handgun. I simply reported to security exactly what I saw. And I said over the intercom that a young man is trying to get through the D ramp entrance and he has on his left upper shoulder, as clear as day, a GD tat. When reporting things it is important to be completely objective. Honestly, the violence in the city is not completely random like it was at that Walmart. Yes, innocent people get hurt all the time, even children sleeping in their bedroom. My concern was, and it is legitimate because it has happened before is: A fight happens and kids get on their phone, And then older kids or even parents have come up to the school to help settle the score. That is what I was being overly cautious about trying to avoid. We have a very safe school.
Old 09-02-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
I definitely want that business shut down! I just saw on the news they pulled over someone in Orland Park and they had nine stolen guns. They were released an electronica monitoring, that **** needs to stop. So, we make guarantee jail time for possession of an illegal weapon. Then we ban these weapons of mass destruction. And then we make people title them so The people in Indiana making huge money by just meeting in a forest and handing over a bag will think twice because that gun will come right back to the person who purchased it over the counter!

By the way, I have calmed down my rhetoric these days. I truly believe youíre going to have two respectful candidates debating in the presidential election. I also believe that we will have two qualified and dignified cabinets. One, is a stable genius, and the other has never heard of a category five hurricane!
You did not miss it but you skimmed past it. The judicial system is profiting from the tax payers to catch and release. The prosecutors, public defenders and judges all have financial motivation to have repeat customers. If they were doing their job there would be less need for their services.

The record of original sale of these weapons is already recorded. If the serial number is still on the gun, it can be traced to the original owner, but there is most likely a shortage of manpower to conduct the search...the government is not capable of enforcing its laws. If they could enforce the laws that they have passed, there would be no crime. I am not entirely against replacing serial numbers with embedded identification chips or what ever will work...if you remove the chip it destroys the gun...but there are constitutional issues...increasing the cost of a constitutional right can be argued to be an infringement of rights.

I don't think there will be any good candidates for president for the rest of our lives. A good decent person would never subject themselves to that meat grinder. Look at the net worth of all the candidates, and then look at their job history...they all have wealth far beyond their government salaries...most have never had a job.
Old 09-02-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
armed with nothing but a vicious low single.
Most low singles I've seen are low and plodding. Isn't it more like diving for the guys ankle. If you had two wrestlers, definite for 1. The other go high. If it were quick - it would be an ankle pick. I don't much about the move, never was on or saw teams that used it much but I have seen John Smith teach it on some videos. Could be talking about 2 different things though. I am sure most wrestlers assume they know what move they would use, I would opt for osoto gari from a 2 on 1 grip (illegal in wrestling if done cleanly because would be a slam) or a Flying Mare (wrestling name for seio nage) which you could also do with a 2 on 1 grip. What are cops taught to do? Poke in the eyes?Hapkido digit holds - ie break a finger or two?
Old 09-02-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
These old arguments do not work anymore. If you are the expert, come up with something that works. We know what works, countries with the same amount of mad or crazy people do not have these issues. Yes, please talk about the stabbings - that is silly too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McSMrGMkPCY

"Chicago proves that Criminals don't obey laws..." - this is a dumb argument, it just means we need consistency between states."

The cannon thing is a bad argument. Why not neutron bombs then? That is what the government would use on you. They don't damage the property, just kills the living things. If you really need it to keep you government in check you need the same or better weapons.

One solution: make all guns pink. That way if you really want it for protection and not just being cool you would still want it. Not my idea, just one you hear around.

I do not care about the gun issue, it is interesting to see how the other side will be bought. It is about money. The price is about to go way up on both sides. I assume the will be some regional lockers. Turn them in for a few years, get them back for a few years...back and forth. Do people still hunt in Canada...yes they do.
The only way that these arguments wouldn't work anymore is if we ignore the constitution.

I have been offering solutions that will work.

We can totally eliminate repeat offenders with a rope.

We can stop virtually all crime in public places with cameras.

We could chip guns, if the constitutional issues can be worked out.

People that commit crimes are supposed to lose their rights. I am not against installing chips in criminals that are going to be released.

Rudy Guluani did one hell of a job on the murder rate in New York city with stop and frisk...but you have to profile the criminals.

People in prison should be employed by the prison...learn a skill...pay fines, restitution and child support, and have some money when they get out.

Lets try something new, instead of destroying all the ideas that you totally disagree with, focus on the ones that we may have some agreement on.
Sponsored Links