Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 09-03-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,976
MAL, chips are a great idea. What the hell, people put chips in their pets. But the NRA would say that is some sort of invasion of privacy. Every time the president says he’s going to make a move about it he has a phone call of the NRA and then we go back to thoughts and prayers.

Here’s the script: if the shooter is Muslim, travel ban. If the shooter is from south of the border, build the wall. If the shooter is black, more prisons. If the shooter is white, thoughts and prayers.
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 09-03-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
The only way that these arguments wouldn't work anymore is if we ignore the constitution.

I have been offering solutions that will work.

We can totally eliminate repeat offenders with a rope.

We can stop virtually all crime in public places with cameras.

We could chip guns, if the constitutional issues can be worked out.

People that commit crimes are supposed to lose their rights. I am not against installing chips in criminals that are going to be released.

Rudy Guluani did one hell of a job on the murder rate in New York city with stop and frisk...but you have to profile the criminals.

People in prison should be employed by the prison...learn a skill...pay fines, restitution and child support, and have some money when they get out.

Lets try something new, instead of destroying all the ideas that you totally disagree with, focus on the ones that we may have some agreement on.
There are 195 countries in the world. We are in last place on this subject.
Time is up on experiments. Skip the BS and do what has been proven to work. We are also not the most "free" country in the world. Only about 20% of these cases are mental illness. The rest are hate, revenge, stupidity, boredom, machismo, mis-guided Patriotism. These are bad things but not necessarily mental illness.

The math of it is that keeping the guns close to as is, it will always cost an amount of lives, everyone will have to decide how many lives it is worth and make laws accordingly. For example, tighten laws until only 10K people are killed using guns or whatever.

https://www.scottadamssays.com/2019/...t-gun-control/
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 09-03-2019 at 10:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 09-04-2019
MAL MAL is online now
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
MAL, chips are a great idea. What the hell, people put chips in their pets. But the NRA would say that is some sort of invasion of privacy. Every time the president says heís going to make a move about it he has a phone call of the NRA and then we go back to thoughts and prayers.

Hereís the script: if the shooter is Muslim, travel ban. If the shooter is from south of the border, build the wall. If the shooter is black, more prisons. If the shooter is white, thoughts and prayers.
How did I know that you would pick the one idea that would have the least impact on criminals? Every law abiding gun owner would pay more for a chipped gun...every criminal would pay more for a chip free gun.

If we put the chip in the criminal, they could be placed at the scene of the crime...and it would not violate anybody's constitutional rights, because the criminal has already lost their rights. This Idea would be more effective than cameras. Both would be costly, but chips would be more targeted directly at the criminal. You could install 2 or 3 chips that interact with the each other, in each criminal.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 09-04-2019
MAL MAL is online now
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
There are 195 countries in the world. We are in last place on this subject.
Time is up on experiments. Skip the BS and do what has been proven to work. We are also not the most "free" country in the world.

This argument is #1 on the list of "The Dumbest Arguments about Gun Control"
Only about 20% of these cases are mental illness. The rest are hate, revenge, stupidity, boredom, machismo, mis-guided Patriotism. These are bad things but not necessarily mental illness. This is #7 on the list of "The Dumbest Arguments about Gun Control" Any body that intentionally takes somebody's life for any of those reasons has a mental illness, and they need to be put down for the good of the community.

The math of it is that keeping the guns close to as is, it will always cost an amount of lives, everyone will have to decide how many lives it is worth and make laws accordingly. For example, tighten laws until only 10K people are killed using guns or whatever. This is the new #1 "Dumbest Argument about Gun Control" We need to treat gun crime like one is not acceptable, because one is not acceptable.

https://www.scottadamssays.com/2019/...t-gun-control/
Were all of my ideas bad?

Last edited by MAL; 09-04-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 09-04-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
How did I know that you would pick the one idea that would have the least impact on criminals? Every law abiding gun owner would pay more for a chipped gun...every criminal would pay more for a chip free gun.

If we put the chip in the criminal, they could be placed at the scene of the crime...and it would not violate anybody's constitutional rights, because the criminal has already lost their rights. This Idea would be more effective than cameras. Both would be costly, but chips would be more targeted directly at the criminal. You could install 2 or 3 chips that interact with the each other, in each criminal.
Ankle bracelets I guess in theory are the same as a chip. I am sure they can be cut off. I would think breaking the skin would violate the eighth amendment. I recall the story were a convicted pedophile begged the judge to be castrated and it was ruled that the court could not do it. I remember I had a neighbor on electronica anklet. He was afraid to leave the property line. I donít know man, I am just tired of innocent people getting killed.
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 09-04-2019
mckbln's Avatar
mckbln mckbln is offline
Sergeant Major
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: River Forest, IL
Posts: 10,002
Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
I saw your original post. When I looked at the link you sent it looks like they are building a bridge or something. Brother Mac , Come join the flock. If you were arguing that whatever weapon you were talking about is not an assault weapon, Regardless of caliber, if it can lay down 29 people in less than one minute, isn’t that a little overkill for Rattlesnakes and such?
Who said anything about rattlesnakes? I'm talking about self-defense. You are FAR more likely to be in a situation where you would be confronted by multiple attackers v being caught in a mass shooting and the bulk of so-called mass shootings are actually gang/drug trafficking and criminal related shootings than the El Paso, TX or Dayton, OH type. Here is the correct link:

https://www.oakpark.com/News/Article...;t-the-problem

Mack
__________________



"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 09-04-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Were all of my ideas bad?
Too late, you would need to be rich to get any traction. Money will decide it, it will probably take another 10 years of high death rates. It is likely the NRA has more than just money on the politicians. But that will fade.
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 09-04-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
Who said anything about rattlesnakes? I'm talking about self-defense. You are FAR more likely to be in a situation where you would be confronted by multiple attackers v being caught in a mass shooting and the bulk of so-called mass shootings are actually gang/drug trafficking and criminal related shootings than the El Paso, TX or Dayton, OH type. Here is the correct link:

https://www.oakpark.com/News/Article...;t-the-problem

Mack
Mack, The rattlesnake reference was probably from an old Western. However I did read your article thoroughly. You are definitely passionate about firearms. Just a few questions from someone whoís only experience with the rifle was a daisy BB gun that we had a pump up a few times to get it to hit a tin can.

As I understand these so-called, not weapons of war, How many regular walls in the apartment or house would one of those go through? My guess is from the interior one side to the other. Is that safe for defending a home?

How often are people surrounded by multiple shooters?
Op
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 09-04-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,976
What would you do with an AR 15?



https://youtu.be/0vscLrMD_qY
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 09-04-2019
MAL MAL is online now
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
Ankle bracelets I guess in theory are the same as a chip. I am sure they can be cut off. I would think breaking the skin would violate the eighth amendment. I recall the story were a convicted pedophile begged the judge to be castrated and it was ruled that the court could not do it. I remember I had a neighbor on electronica anklet. He was afraid to leave the property line. I donít know man, I am just tired of innocent people getting killed.
Sounds like we have a winner. Order up some Ankle bracelets. That is a tax that I would be willing to pay.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.