Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IESA

Old 03-09-2014
Junior Varsity

best match Sectional D.

80lb finals. Pakula vs Hargrove was top match of the day. Followed by 119 Amer Shaqif vs Eristabal. Thanks wrestlers. Those matches make the long day worth while!
Old 03-09-2014
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by spocko 67 View Post
80lb finals. Pakula vs Hargrove was top match of the day. Followed by 119 Amer Shaqif vs Eristabal. Thanks wrestlers. Those matches make the long day worth while!
Bachara and Golob was a very good match. Bachara up 2-0 in third, he wants to go neutral, coach makes him go down (it was probably the best choice), gets cradled, loses 3-2. I feel if Bachara went neutral, he would've won. But still a great match. 3 very tough wrestlers coming from that sectionals going to state.

Last edited by WrestlingBeginner; 03-10-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-10-2014

I have to agree on the 80 pound and 119 pound finals. There was also a great match at 155 in the Semis. 155 pound match. Reills is down by 1 point with less than 10 seconds to go. Right as the time ran out, he reverses for the win. Crowd was pretty excited. I have to agree though with Spocko 67. Matches like that make the time certainly go by.
Old 03-10-2014
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulina View Post
I have to agree on the 80 pound and 119 pound finals. There was also a great match at 155 in the Semis. 155 pound match. Reills is down by 1 point with less than 10 seconds to go. Right as the time ran out, he reverses for the win. Crowd was pretty excited. I have to agree though with Spocko 67. Matches like that make the time certainly go by.
119 match was crazy!
Old 03-10-2014
Junior Varsity

I agree on Bachara/Golob - the choice of down in third changes the match. I still expect great effort from both at state.
Old 03-10-2014

What happened in the 119 match?
Old 03-10-2014
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Systems" View Post
What happened in the 119 match?
The homer wrestler was a huge underdog. had the Darien wrestler on his back out of bounds for a few seconds. One quick pull back on the mat he gets his two,instead he gets nothing and loses in overtime. I don't think they will see each other again but that is a match up I would love to see. It was the correct non call from refs.
Old 03-10-2014

I think the best match was the 80 lbs. I was personally there watching the very end since I just got done with my match at 80 (I got 4th) and I saw that Pakula went for the headlock, but Hargrove defended it so well, if anybody deserved the 1st it was Cameron
Sponsored Links