Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfat145 View Post
Here is my issue. The change was not well thought out and despite many people saying this from the start, stating reasonable and rational concerns, it went on deaf ears.

The idea was to increase senior numbers by rearrange chairs on the deck of the Titanic; zero consideration to what it would do to the numbers long term. I'm not going to spend time relisting the reason I previous stated but I'm fairly sure that at this point many of those reasons are obvious.

So now that the chickens have come home to roost, rather than acknowledging the flaws with the change and sharing the headache, the rules are just going to change. 200 kids x 2 events x $45/kid = 18000 reasons why the rules shouldn't apply.

This is NOT directed at the parents with 6-10 year olds. Unlike most other states with a true 10u and even 8u tourney, this is what Illinois offers and your kids have earned their chance to compete. This IS directed at the people who are in a position of influence to make changes and then circumvent their own rules when it affects the profit margin. Free coaches bands in Illinois = tournies get moved it Indiana. Low registration numbers = 8 and 10 year olds get a red shirt year.

How about we do what's best for the sport for a change. How about we do not push out quality tournaments that aren't looking to start a competing state series; I get not letting NUWAY put in their claws but what was the benefit of pushing out MWT or Roller a few years back?? How about we go to the USAW ages, since we are a USAW state after all, and give the 8U and 10U kids a "true" state tournament. Or let's keep the BS as usual and wonder why kids wrestle out of state and IESA had to move to 2 divisions this year because of all their growth while we hemorrhage numbers.

Please feel free to tell me where I am wrong...
Your not wrong at all. Dead on.
The IKWF exerts is monopolistic pressure and big bash plays along and benefits.
All you need to do is look and see who the person was that “motioned” the age change rules through. It’s on the IKWF website (see below). Take a peek. Coincidence ? I think not.
The IKWF number one mission is not for your kids. Otherwise they would promote getting the best possible competition in for your kids (e.g. IKWF cards only). Wake up and smell the coffee. It’s about $.
To double up on what oldfat145 said. Please help me understand where I am wrong.

http://ikwf.org/forms/by-law-changes-2019.pdf

Last edited by ToughestSportEver; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:59 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago

Bantam Points

I'm sure i'm overlooking it but i couldnt find where the Bantam seeding point criteria is listed. I found the criteria for the Midget Championship but my recollection is that the criteria for Bantam is a little different. Maybe i'm wrong. Anyone help?
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_16 View Post
I'm sure i'm overlooking it but i couldnt find where the Bantam seeding point criteria is listed. I found the criteria for the Midget Championship but my recollection is that the criteria for Bantam is a little different. Maybe i'm wrong. Anyone help?

Bantam seeding
Finalist last year
Winter National Champ
Future Finalist Champ

I think that's it...A boyz help me out here
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Know View Post
Bantam seeding
Finalist last year
Winter National Champ
Future Finalist Champ

That does sound right. Thanks!
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Know View Post
Bantam seeding
Finalist last year
Winter National Champ
Future Finalist Champ

You got em all.
Old 5 Days Ago

7U at Midget State

The registration page on track says “some 7 year olds”. Is there a limit on how many will be taken???
Old 5 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling_Dad81 View Post
The registration page on track says “some 7 year olds”. Is there a limit on how many will be taken???
The only 7 year olds that can go to Midget are 7 year olds who make the finals (Top 2) at 2019 Bantam.
Sponsored Links