Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 08-30-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
No Guns, Amen, all mighty one.
Bless you, Pioneer. Your words mean a lot to this here old dead preacherman.

Your heavenly reward will be mighty!
Old 08-30-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Trump said that's the way he negotiates. https://theweek.com/speedreads/86134...iate-done-well
That is a joke. Its a different matter when representing the United States, he is welcome to embarrass himself - not as welcome when blatantly lying to other countries on our behalf. Being born super rich is not a skill. Mathematically Trump would be richer if he would have taken the massive fortune his father gave him, invested it, and stayed out of it. He declared bankruptcy 3 times and sits on a 3.5 Billion dollar debt by a German bank secured by the Russians. Can anyone explain why he continually explain why degrades US intelligence and allies in favor of Putin? Where is his American loyalty when doing that? It is weird, explain how he is not weird. Why do we want a weirdo that has the most power to initiate a nuclear war?
(Although at this point people would likely stop him like his other odd efforts. like ordering assignations that were ignored.)

https://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donal...p-index-funds/

https://www.businessinsider.com/spie...edium=referral

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-u-s...-amazon-fires/

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 08-31-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
I don't have cable...antenna only...I don't get FOX News. I actually don't watch TV anymore at all since the tubes went bad in my TV set.
So did you move into the uni-bombers shack in the woods?
Old 08-30-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
I see that the congregation is restless. It's a hot afternoon, our church is a little stuffy, and your starched white shirts and calico dresses have become damp with sweat. Stay with me, Brethren, and you shall see the light.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS, let me tell you a story about the gun that killed me.

This was back in ought-nine. I was working as a Texas Ranger in Beaumont, Texas. The fella that killed me was on parole, never shoulda had a gun. But there ain't no background checks at gun shows in Texas. There ain't no need for an IDee card even, only cash. On the barrelhead.

Well, I was tracking this man down. Hunting him like a wild boar. He had violated parole a thousand different ways. He even stole candy from a baby. A white baby.

I found him holed up at the Longhorn Steakhouse in Beaumont, eating dinner. This is the Longhorn Steakhouse:

"Johnson," I says to him, "Come quietly, and I'll make sure your last meal is a decent steak."

"I know you been hot on my tail, Walker, but damned if I'm going back to the joint now after this shoe-leather steak."

He had one hand below the table and pulled the trigger. I knew it was coming and matrixed away from it. Unfortunately, everybody in that honkytonk had a gun and they all started shootin' at once.

17,000 people died that day at the Longhorn Steakhouse in Beaumont, Texas. Including me. All because of the damn NRA, and because you can't get a decent steak in Beaumont, Texas.

Now, I walk dusty roads in a long tan jacket, a Ghost Preacher, speaking on the perfidy of gunmetal. Can I get a "No Guns"?
You and 16,999 people would still be alive if we would have given him a short rope and a long fall instead of parole.

Last edited by MAL; 08-30-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-30-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Well I know you have Wi-Fi! Because you sure go to town with that cutting and pasting! Without cable how would you know what is on CNN or MSNBC?
Politics are like soap operas, you can miss a couple of years and nothing really changes when you tune back in.
Old 08-30-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Accepting wagers on this?
Hey everybody. Lay your bets. Check it out on the Vegas board. Moose knuckle is your new bookie. Vegas odds are -10,000. Let me be clear, that is not for losing the election. That is actually -110 which is pretty much even money. He’s taking bets that $10 pays 1000. For Donald Trump not being on the Republican ticket for the general election. Are you still open book?

Last edited by oldpioneer; 08-30-2019 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-30-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Hey everybody. Lay your bets. Check it out on the Vegas board. Moose knuckle is your new bookie. Vegas odds are -10,000. Let me be clear, that is not for losing the election. That is actually -110 which is pretty much even money. Hes taking bets that $10 pays 1000. For Donald Trump not being on the Republican ticket for the general election. Are you still open book?
https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/po...-nominee-odds/

Yes, I would take that bet. Those are great odds. I was just watching the office and Kevin says "if anyone gives you 10k to 1 odds on anything you take that bet." But how is -10,000 = -110 = 1=110. I don't understand all of the betting line calcs. The one bet I suggest it the Kentucky Derby, if you find a good source of info. It has quite a bit of un-educated money it which can be a good value. But that is the only horse race that attracts massive money.
Old 08-31-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/po...-nominee-odds/

Yes, I would take that bet. Those are great odds. I was just watching the office and Kevin says "if anyone gives you 10k to 1 odds on anything you take that bet." But how is -10,000 = -110 = 1=110. I don't understand all of the betting line calcs. The one bet I suggest it the Kentucky Derby, if you find a good source of info. It has quite a bit of un-educated money it which can be a good value. But that is the only horse race that attracts massive money.
Vegas never takes even bets. That’s why they have such big beautiful fountains. Even the coin toss at the Super Bowl is -110 either way. In other words, they don’t care if it is heads or tails they win $10 per bet either way. I just read That anyone who took the Colts to win the Super Bowl is not happy once Andrew luck retired. Like I said, my gambling days are done. But when the Bears hit that up right to lose the football game at the end of the year last year I immediately went to my phone and check the yards. It was 1000 to 1. The only thing is the ball was actually tipped at the line. I would be curious to know if Vegas said the ball has to hit the upright without being blocked. That would suck to believe you got your 10,000 coming only to find out the guys pinky barely touch the ball! LOL my brother and I were talking you can even bet on who is going to get thrown off the island on those reality shows. And I don’t get it because by the time we see it it was taped six months ago someone knows who gets kicked off right? I mean I’m sure they sign something to say they won’t give away the ending but come on.
Old 08-31-2019
Olympian

Now that I think about it. The coin toss on the Super Bowl is -120. Vegas figures there are a bunch of chumps out there that think they have a 50-50 chance to win. The coin toss is 50-50. But when the money pays out across the whole nation 60% of the money goes to the house 40% to the bettors.
Old 08-31-2019
Olympian

Brothers and Sisters, I want you to think back to the second-to-last time you accidentally sprayed yourself with the kitchen sink sprayer and what you told yourself at the time. If you're like me, you said something like, "F-word! This shouldn't ever happen. I'll be more careful from now on."
Sponsored Links