Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 07-22-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketamillow View Post
Just seeing the content of this conversation makes me think the participants never amounted to much, and will never amount to much in life. Good riddance to rubbish!
Yeah, we have just been spinning our wheels! Do you tell us what we have been missing! Have you been curing diseases? Making a whole Lotta money in real estate? Nuclear physics? Seriously, tell us your success story!
Old 07-22-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Work place discrimination and political free speech are two entirely different things. Trump has no authority over members of a coequal branch of government like an employer does over its employees. Anything that he says
about the squad can only be judged in a political context... it is not a legal issue.

Here is what Trump is doing. The "Squad" is about as radical left as it gets in American politics. Trump would landslide all four of them if they were running...but they are not running, so, Trump baited the Democrat party into uniting around the most radical members in the party so that he could run against them. I don't know if it will work, but I do know that is what he is doing.
Politics do not equate to hate mongering. I know equal Trump supporters as non. Most of them simply like him because they have a lot of stocks and those are doing well. This is a different situation than a Republican issue.
Generally the feeling is that the Chanting people were not "serious, just having a joke." And from that standpoint not a big deal - unless you feel it applies to you. The bigger issue is the normalizing of bad behavior. And it will create worse behavior on both sides, and nobody will be surprised when it is mentioned at the next shooting. Cost of freedom, we should be smart enough to change for the better.
Old 07-22-2019
Varsity

Somalia is in Africa. She is an American citizen. Figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
There are now five categories for data on race:
1) American Indian or Alaska Native.
2) Asian.
3) Black or African American.
4) Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
5) White.

What race is Ilhan Omar? Muslim is not a race...Somali is not a race ether. Her race is white.

If I followed you twisted logic, you would have to believe that Trump and his supporters would reject her even if she was a Trump supporter. If you now see the flaw in your logic, the only other logical conclusion is that the political dust-up is about political differences. Omar has said some really disgusting/anti-American comments. I am sure that they don't get played on CNN, so you have not heard them. Trump is trying to make her the face of the Democrat party because he believes that running against her and her comments will help him win. Trump made a political miscalculation when he denounced the crowd. This has nothing to do with with whether the chant was inappropriate or not...he just gave some red meat to the Democratic media.

This is a great country "Love it or leave it"
Old 07-23-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
The bigger issue is the normalizing of bad behavior. And it will create worse behavior on both sides, and nobody will be surprised when it is mentioned at the next shooting.
You know what isn't mentioned? The terrorist who attempted to murder many at the ICE facility he attacked spouting the same rhetoric as AOC. But you already have your crystal ball out? LOL.
Old 07-23-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
You know what isn't mentioned? The terrorist who attempted to murder many at the ICE facility he attacked spouting the same rhetoric as AOC. But you already have your crystal ball out? LOL.
Don't know what you are talking about. A guy I wrestled with is a border agent, I agree with him & not a dude to be trifled with. If you cross the border illegally you are a criminal. Those immigrants are in a tough spot either way. I read an article that China will eventually overtake US but one area that helps the US is increased population, so better off with them. I know 3 kids from HS that became cops, 2 of 3 were shot, & Trump did for illegal immigration that Obama did for gun sales - he is part of the problem. The fear of access caused a rush. (The cops were shot by us home grown on the South Side, thats how we roll I guess - 35 shooting over the 4th -wow.) Only republicans care about AOC, she is just a freshman in charge of nothing. My only comment was about hate in general, we know this stirs the mentally ill. My only comment is that Trump is weird, and weird is un-necessary as the President which in theory should be one of our "best" people. I think the past 10 presidents have been great people (except Nixon - he prolonged the war for personal gain). I have voted Rep in the past. Trump is a great promoter, great businessman, bad person and obviously doesn't mind stirring the pot to remain President. There have never been so many people who have worked for a President who have noted what a weirdo the person is. I liked the idea of a business person in charge but its been worse than expected, do we have nobody better - if not,that is sad. It is possible somebody gets nominated other than Trump. I've traveled a lot lately, its hard to believe we are richest country on earth. Brazil had less homeless than Chicago - its crazy. I rarely post about politics but I finally started because I find it crazy that this is the best that we can come up with - I think when he hugged the flag while giving that **** in the pants look was the last straw. I love America but that was obnoxious.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ILkBTap2-U4UV8

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 07-23-2019 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-23-2019
Olympian

[QUOTE=Blonjuan44;555444]Don't know what you are talking about. A guy I wrestled with in HS is a border agent, I agree with him on his posts, & not a dude to be trifled with. If you cross the border illegally you are a criminal. Those immigrants are in a tough spot either way, but as they say in the animal lab - those are the breaks. I read an article that China will eventually overtake US in tech shortly (check out the UofI engineering), but one area that helps the US is increased population, so better off with them. I know 3 kids from HS that became cops, 2 of 3 were shot, so not into crime, Trump did for illegal immigration that Obama did for gun sales - he is part of the problem. The fear of access caused a rush. (The cops were shot by "us" home grown on the South Side, thats how we roll I guess - 35 shooting over the 4th -wow.) Only republicans care about AOC, she is just a freshman in charge of nothing. My only comment was about hate in general, we know this stirs the mentally ill. My only comment is that Trump is weird, and weird is un-necessary as the President which in theory should be one of our "best" people. I think the past 10 presidents have been great people (except Nixon - he prolonged the war for personal gain). I have voted Rep in the past. Trump is a great promoter, great businessman, bad person and obviously doesn't mind stirring the pot to remain President. There have never been so many people who have worked for a President who have noted what a weirdo the person is. I liked the idea of a business person in charge but its been worse than expected, do we have nobody better - if not,that is sad. It is possible somebody gets nominated other than Trump. I've traveled a lot lately, its hard to believe we are richest country on earth. Brazil had less homeless than Chicago - its crazy. I rarely post about politics but I finally started because I find it crazy that this is the best that we can come up with - I think when he hugged the flag while giving that obnoxious look - what a weirdo. I hope he does well for us, but everyone is tired of his needless antics to simply hear his name talked about. Next please.

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...ion-management

QUOTE]
Old 07-24-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay31 View Post
Somalia is in Africa. She is an American citizen. Figure it out.
I was hoping that you would say that.

"The north-eastern portion of Africa, which is embraced between
the Straits of Bab-el-Mandel and Cape Guardafui, and thence as far
south as the equator, is inhabited by tribes composing the great
Somali race, which differs from all other African races in feature,
language, and customs. The origin of this race, and the question
as to what family it belongs"

"The Somali are generally tall and well made, with a very dark
smooth skin ; their features express great intelligence and anima-
tion, and are of a Grecian type, with thin lips and aquiline noses ;
their hair is long, and very thick. They have none of the charac-
teristic features of the Negro race, which they affect to despise."

"The Somali have a tradition that their ancestors emigrated
from the Arabian province of Hadramaut to Med, on the African
coast ; from which place their descendants gradually spread over
the country they now occupy, having driven out the original Galla
inhabitants."

"Somali Race and Ethnicity
Among groups in the Horn of Africa, you have noted that the Somalis and "Ethiopians" look different from other African peoples. It is actually unclear why the Somali peoples look more Caucasian, even though they have dark skin like the Oromo Cushites or Bantu Africans. There seems to be no generally accepted explanation among scholars.

Some Somali clans claim descent from Arab tribes. This is perhaps one source for the more "Caucasian" features we find among the Somali groups, even with their black skin. This appears to be due to intermarrying since the contact with Islam. Some Somali clans even claim origins in Arab clans across the Red Seas"
Old 07-24-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Don't know what you are talking about. A guy I wrestled with is a border agent, I agree with him & not a dude to be trifled with. If you cross the border illegally you are a criminal. Those immigrants are in a tough spot either way. I read an article that China will eventually overtake US but one area that helps the US is increased population, so better off with them. I know 3 kids from HS that became cops, 2 of 3 were shot, & Trump did for illegal immigration that Obama did for gun sales - he is part of the problem. The fear of access caused a rush. (The cops were shot by us home grown on the South Side, thats how we roll I guess - 35 shooting over the 4th -wow.) Only republicans care about AOC, she is just a freshman in charge of nothing. My only comment was about hate in general, we know this stirs the mentally ill. My only comment is that Trump is weird, and weird is un-necessary as the President which in theory should be one of our "best" people. I think the past 10 presidents have been great people (except Nixon - he prolonged the war for personal gain). I have voted Rep in the past. Trump is a great promoter, great businessman, bad person and obviously doesn't mind stirring the pot to remain President. There have never been so many people who have worked for a President who have noted what a weirdo the person is. I liked the idea of a business person in charge but its been worse than expected, do we have nobody better - if not,that is sad. It is possible somebody gets nominated other than Trump. I've traveled a lot lately, its hard to believe we are richest country on earth. Brazil had less homeless than Chicago - its crazy. I rarely post about politics but I finally started because I find it crazy that this is the best that we can come up with - I think when he hugged the flag while giving that **** in the pants look was the last straw. I love America but that was obnoxious.

Your hate crime statistics could technically be true, but there is no possible way to measure hate crimes, unless you can read minds.
Old 07-24-2019
Olympian

[QUOTE=Blonjuan44;555447]
Quote:
Don't know what you are talking about. A guy I wrestled with in HS is a border agent, I agree with him on his posts, & not a dude to be trifled with. If you cross the border illegally you are a criminal. Those immigrants are in a tough spot either way, but as they say in the animal lab - those are the breaks. I read an article that China will eventually overtake US in tech shortly (check out the UofI engineering), but one area that helps the US is increased population, so better off with them. I know 3 kids from HS that became cops, 2 of 3 were shot, so not into crime, Trump did for illegal immigration that Obama did for gun sales - he is part of the problem. The fear of access caused a rush. (The cops were shot by "us" home grown on the South Side, thats how we roll I guess - 35 shooting over the 4th -wow.) Only republicans care about AOC, she is just a freshman in charge of nothing. My only comment was about hate in general, we know this stirs the mentally ill. My only comment is that Trump is weird, and weird is un-necessary as the President which in theory should be one of our "best" people. I think the past 10 presidents have been great people (except Nixon - he prolonged the war for personal gain). I have voted Rep in the past. Trump is a great promoter, great businessman, bad person and obviously doesn't mind stirring the pot to remain President. There have never been so many people who have worked for a President who have noted what a weirdo the person is. I liked the idea of a business person in charge but its been worse than expected, do we have nobody better - if not,that is sad. It is possible somebody gets nominated other than Trump. I've traveled a lot lately, its hard to believe we are richest country on earth. Brazil had less homeless than Chicago - its crazy. I rarely post about politics but I finally started because I find it crazy that this is the best that we can come up with - I think when he hugged the flag while giving that obnoxious look - what a weirdo. I hope he does well for us, but everyone is tired of his needless antics to simply hear his name talked about. Next please.

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...ion-management

QUOTE]
If you get your open borders, China will send about half a billion immigrants to the US and there will be no America left.

The only reason that China is even competing in the tech field is because Bill Clinton gave them the right to steel our intellectual property with the trade deal that he made with them.

To beat China we only need to use the profit motive. If you let Americans keep more of their own money, they will use that money to make more money...that's how innovation happens.

The light bulb was invented to create profit.
Old 07-24-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:

So you think Bill Clinton is a great person and you think Trump simply by enforcing the law is part of the problem? I guess women are asking for it when they dress provocatively.
Sponsored Links