Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 12-17-2015
Varsity

So 15 min left in registration and still no little Celtics registered for there own tournament? Hummmm...........
Old 12-18-2015
Keep your head up

Before everyone jumps on for me asking the question … I know I know you need to wrestle everyone to win.

Just curious. :-)
Is there any sort of seeding being down for this tournament (top 2 wrestlers opposite sides) ?
Or could they wrestle the first match on Saturday night, and a newbie gets a bye ?

Just curious if the brackets are looked at all once you hit the button.
Or is it completely random in nature ?
I realize this is not easy (time constraints, etc. etc.)

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-18-2015
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNotForEveryone View Post
Before everyone jumps on for me asking the question I know I know you need to wrestle everyone to win.

Is there any sort of seeding being down for this tournament (top 2 wrestlers opposite sides) ?
Or could they wrestle the first match on Saturday night, and a newbie gets a bye ?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, we do seed the tournament. However, if you missed Pre-Registration and you are entering the tournament at weigh ins, then you will not be seeded, but we will do what we can for the wrestler that is seeded and did things on time.
Old 12-18-2015

Thanks for the laugh. There's great wrestlers in each category but Elite 95 is the toughest. Not even close.
Old 12-18-2015
Varsity

Brackets

"Toughest" weigh class....95 is in the discussion but by far best or even best.......all subjective opinion. As far as seeding.....over rated. These kids change every year and who knows who leveled in ability or some new kid new to the weight class isn't a hammer.....if supposed top seeds meet early...loser should wrestle back and win anyway...right?
Old 12-18-2015
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNotForEveryone View Post
Before everyone jumps on for me asking the question … I know I know you need to wrestle everyone to win.

Thanks in advance.
Some teams send in no seeding info so yes two elite kids could wrestle first round in most tournaments. I am not sure how Celtics handle it though.
Old 12-18-2015
Varsity

Corrections and Weigh INS

Hi Everyone,

First, there are no 7 man round robins. My bad I was typing and not thinking. Secondly, we will only know the bracket sizes after weigh ins tomorrow. Pre-registration is closed and walk up registration is still an option for some. Walk up can only be done during weigh ins. So with scratches, bumps, and procrastinators we will have a better idea of the bracket sizes after weigh ins and we will announce ASAP. We will make the announcement before we start wrestling.

Weigh INs:

You will enter the Main Entrance or Front Door of the school for weigh ins. Traditionally it is the back of the school. This year we are going to ask everyone to enter at the Main Entrance. We will have stations to buy your spectator bands and coaches bands. So the best place to park is in the front of the school facing Rt 30 or Lincoln Hwy and then in the North East Lot near the baseball field
Old 12-19-2015

What happened to wrestling up to the quarter finals?? Seen a lot of FF after the quarter final matches!
Old 12-19-2015
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEEP SINGLE View Post
What happened to wrestling up to the quarter finals?? Seen a lot of FF after the quarter final matches!
What happened to the Force head coach? I guess if Rockford wasn't an important enough tournament to show up to. Why would the Celtic Elite matter.
Old 12-20-2015
Varsity

Let me tell you exactly what happened re: FF matches at this tourney. By the way was directly told, as were the wrestlers, this information by Celtic staff table workers. "Any wrestler who has been credited with wrestling two matches is DONE for the night, ignore the announcements, wrestling starts at 9 am Sunday".

So as a parent, club, coach etc why would someone NOT believe this? They are representing Celtic, have been educated in what to say not to say tourney has been around etc. in a nutshell AWFUL job Celtic of having YOUR staff give false information to all the above.

No lame excuses, lies it did not happen or how "we" must be more accountable should have known listened to the PA..blah blah. The Celtic club simply messed up huge.

So ok some uneducated people mis spoke. Understand, very upset by it and feel ripped off as drove multiple hrs, had hotel etc. But the most disgusting disappointing part was the shorter Celtic "leader" who gave some speech in the beginning was directly told this information. His response: walked away said tough. Really! Had chance to correct these issues via multiple options but that's the route chosen...AWFUL. But guess it's about collecting money and "claiming to run an efficient tournament. So no respect to this guy whoever he is and don't care to ever know. I'm sure some club apologists will say this didn't happen but telling everyone this is exactly what happened.

And any bracket with a FF....tainted, hollow and unearned....sorry if that hurts but it's true.

But hey lesson learned. Show Me National, SD, other better more professional tournaments where intrigrity matters will be attended going forward. Good bye Celtic.
Sponsored Links