Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IESA

Old 01-26-2020

Post 2A loaded Sectional potential match ups

With postseason coming near, I wanted to take some time and start looking at some potential loaded sectional matchups throughout the state to watch. Basically looking at loaded sectional brackets for whatever weights in whatever sectional with the hard hitters or competitors out there and your guys' take on how things will play out.
I see an exciting bracket at 80 lbs. in the C Sectional with the possible competitors: Munoz OTT (1st @65 2019 2A), O'Conner HOMER (2nd @65 2019 2A), Ruffin J. ADAMS (6th @70 2019 2A), Weber TROY (Currently ranked 5th by GrossNoises), Claypool MORRIS, McCord BRAD. CENTRAL, Siwinski NEW LENOX LIB.
Overall I see a talent packed sectional with some really solid kids not making it out that could've made noise in Dekalb. Looks to set up last years and another potential this years state final. 50/50 on Munoz or O'connor
Old 01-26-2020

that definitely sounds like a good sectional. what's the chances they all stay at that weight? didn't munoz wrestle 70lbs last year but dropped after taking 5th in the LeRoy tournament that was just before regionals? It's a loaded bracket for sure and will any got IKWF instead.

Last edited by griswald4408!; 01-26-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-26-2020

Could be possible for some kids to go lower or higher weights, or even IKWF. Thats just why I was saying potential while not including some kids under the radar or kids getting caught by throws or rolls not making it through regionals. Weber boys of TROY are tight with the Plainfield club in IKWF but theyve been present in all their IESA and IKWF events so as of now Id figured Id include them. 75 at this weights looks awesome with another potential 2-3 placers coming out. And 90 as well with Jackson of BRADLEY and Giorgetti of HOMER. In my mind, toughest sectional with Dekalb sectional being #2, but I bet most placers for 2A come out this sectional
Sponsored Links