Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 12-13-2010
admin admin is offline
Owner/Webmaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuquafan View Post
Some kids can be attacked all anyone wants to... other kids, you can't even mention them or the post gets locked or deleted.

How is that fair?

I would point you to specific examples where only wrestling was being discussed... but they've now been deleted.

You think it's good for the sport that one specific group has THAT much influence over our main source of communication?

How sad is it that I made a humorous reference to how this site has turned into "Brillinoismatmen.com" -- which is true -- and THAT needs to be deleted?

Time everyone notices exactly what is going on here...
There is no special treatment here. If you have specific concerns about the way the site is being moderated or why your posts tend to get deleted, contact us directly. Posting your opinion about our moderation in every thread on every forum is not the solution and frankly is getting old.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-13-2010
Neuquafan's Avatar
Neuquafan Neuquafan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
There is no special treatment here. If you have specific concerns about the way the site is being moderated or why your posts tend to get deleted, contact us directly. Posting your opinion about our moderation in every thread on every forum is not the solution and frankly is getting old.
You'll forgive me if I maintain a different opinion -- but your request for further discussion to be conducted privately is fair enough. I have no interest in that though...

What I've posted (and you've deleted) violated no forum rules I'm aware of and was on topic -- perhaps you should publicly convey what the unwritten rules are so they can be applied to everyone equally?

Is that not a fair request?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-13-2010
admin admin is offline
Owner/Webmaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuquafan View Post
You'll forgive me if I maintain a different opinion -- but your request for further discussion to be conducted privately is fair enough. I have no interest in that though...

What I've posted (and you've deleted) violated no forum rules I'm aware of and was on topic -- perhaps you should publicly convey what the unwritten rules are so they can be applied to everyone equally?

Is that not a fair request?
Your problem is that when you are asked to do something (take private matters to pmail or offline) on several different occasions, you refuse and would rather air your dirty laundry publicly. Again, if you have a specific concern about a specific thread or post being removed, let us know privately and we will provide an explanation.

P.S. The recent IKWF thread I locked did violate forum rules. I don't think Marmion Academy High School is part of the IKWF. Also, sometimes threads have run their course and need to be killed off.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-13-2010
Neuquafan's Avatar
Neuquafan Neuquafan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Your problem is that when you are asked to do something (take private matters to pmail or offline) on several different occasions, you refuse and would rather air your dirty laundry publicly. Again, if you have a specific concern about a specific thread or post being removed, let us know privately and we will provide an explanation.

P.S. The recent IKWF thread I locked did violate forum rules. I don't think Marmion Academy High School is part of the IKWF. Also, sometimes threads have run their course and need to be killed off.
Good point. I'll take greater care to post in the correct forum going forward.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-13-2010
Big Mat Big Mat is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 840
Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuquafan View Post
Some kids can be attacked all anyone wants to... other kids, you can't even mention them or the post gets locked or deleted.

How is that fair?

I would point you to specific examples where only wrestling was being discussed... but they've now been deleted.

You think it's good for the sport that one specific group has THAT much influence over our main source of communication?

How sad is it that I made a humorous reference to how this site has turned into "Brillinoismatmen.com" -- which is true -- and THAT needs to be deleted?

Time everyone notices exactly what is going on here...
Don't lower your standard for anyone. Do not attack kids on this site or any other site regardless of what other people do. It is wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-15-2010
Make a difference! Make a difference! is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
I review forums on this site for the love of the sport and support of our Illinois wrestlers. Control what you can in life and control your own families destiny. These are kids regardless of the politics etc. best of luck to all Illinois wrestlers.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.