Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 02-02-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino1992 View Post
I have no affiliation to Montini. With that being said why all the bashing? Wishful thinking that they would be DQ'd. Shut up and wrestle. You all let them dominate you today!

I don't either and the team I follow is not in either their regional or sectional. That said, if everyone else can manage to be there on time, why couldn't they? I'm sure there were kids who blew weight today in various places around the state; maybe they make it with an extra 20 minutes to work it off.

Rules are there to be followed. By everyone.
Old 02-02-2019
Junior Varsity

Not a Montini person either. But maybe their bus got into an accident or had trouble. Who knows. Everyone always assumes something sinister.
Bet you haters out there would be super happy if they did get locked out.
Would that make you feel good?
Next thing you know you guys will be asking to have them moved to 4A. LOL.
Old 02-02-2019
Varsity

McNicholas

What happen to montinis 285lbs MIKE MCNICHOLAS? See he wasn’t listed!
Old 02-02-2019
Junior Varsity

Don't have a dog in this fight but I just wonder if this is unique or has there been instances in the past where a team was late for weighins and if so how was it handled. Would hate to think someone would be given special treatment because of who they are.
Old 02-02-2019

Now a precedent has been set.... Court battle if it ever happens again and the team is not allowed to weighin during this day and age... IHSA better be ready to fund the legal coffer in the future.
Old 02-02-2019
Stay off the head

I just don't get why everyone automatically assumes it's something shady. Maybe they hit traffic and called ahead or a million other possible reasons, unless someone knows for sure how about we leave the tin foil hats on the shelf for now.
Old 02-02-2019
World Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffHall View Post
I just don't get why everyone automatically assumes it's something shady. Maybe they hit traffic and called ahead or a million other possible reasons, unless someone knows for sure how about we leave the tin foil hats on the shelf for now.
Exactly...sounds like hating ahs wishful thinking
Old 02-02-2019
Varsity

If this was ANYONE but Montini, none of you people - on EITHER side of this, defending OR burning the house down - would be saying a word.

If it was some team who was expected to finish 7th in their regional, this isn't even mentioned.

P. S. - I think they should have been locked out, unless they notified the host (who then notified the other teams) that there was some extenuating circumstances - like a bus accident or an earthquake, a terrible flood, locusts.......
Old 02-02-2019
Junior Varsity

get a clue

You can't lock a team out from weigh-ins....a kid was probably over for them to be 20 minutes late would be my guess, but they still get to weigh-in. The only punishment is you only get one chance to step on the scale.
Old 02-02-2019
Official's Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWTilt View Post
You can't lock a team out from weigh-ins....a kid was probably over for them to be 20 minutes late would be my guess, but they still get to weigh-in. The only punishment is you only get one chance to step on the scale.
Yes, you can and it has been done.
Sponsored Links