Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 02-16-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyboo View Post
I don't think so. Fernandez showed why cutting weight hurt him down at 152! He dominated 160 when hydrated!
Yeah, probably right he looked really tough. I guess its tough all over and you still have to get to the finals. That weight looked smaller than the one prior but you can never tell. Best move I saw in the finals was Mayora's fireman that went out of bounds/time. Pins are always exciting to see at state as well.
Old 02-16-2019
Varsity

Nice job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Nice job announcers, referees, video production, arena staffers.
What was your favorite part? The partial mat coverage? The adds over the celebration/handshake? The no audio until the finals? The staring at two guys backsides instead of the actual march and introductions? The fact that the announcers never figured out that we weren't looking at the scoreboards? or was it the feed cutting out every so often?
As someone who just wants to watch wrestling the coverage was the
lowest level imaginable. No-one but the IHSA and the wrestling community to blame. We expect nothing and get it!!
Old 02-16-2019
hawkeye 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by old119 View Post
What was your favorite part? The partial mat coverage? The adds over the celebration/handshake? The no audio until the finals? The staring at two guys backsides instead of the actual march and introductions? The fact that the announcers never figured out that we weren't looking at the scoreboards? or was it the feed cutting out every so often?
lowest level imaginable. No-one but the IHSA and the wrestling community to blame. We expect nothing and get it!!
Or ho about for the semis the scoring graphics covered half the mat
Old 02-16-2019
5 point takedown

Quote:
Years ago I thought I was lucky to get live feed of the matches. Now I know better.
You get better camera work with no I interruption on ihsa tv for:
- freshman girls B ball
- freshman boys
-JV games
Ya games, just weekly regular season games.
Old 02-17-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Consider the source of that positive review...
Again, how about each year they invite one school to bring their AV club down to run everything and I just about guarantee it would be 100% better than the NFHS crap.
Old 02-17-2019
Junior Varsity

Itís even more annoying that NBC Chicago sports does a wonderful job of broadcasting the Iowa state semifinals at each level. And the finals are done beautifully as well.

The broadcast makes the IHSA and NFHS look like a bunch of clowns.
Old 02-17-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm57 View Post
Consider the source of that positive review...
Again, how about each year they invite one school to bring their AV club down to run everything and I just about guarantee it would be 100% better than the NFHS crap.
They started moving the #3mat camera after I mentioned it on this post, so yes I am a hero. It wasn't a glowing review - I didn't realize a mild thank you for the effort would amount to trolling, it was worth the $9 bucks and got to see it live. They could also just skip it in hopes it drives up attendance - looks like they left the lower level purposely empty but could not gauge the crowd size. Bringing in a school is the start of a good idea there, if not to at least bolster the crew, volunteers always help. I am wondering if the true wrestle backs made an effect which on this site was evidently the biggest problem in IHSA wrestling. I don't know if they still do this but they used to broadcast it a couple weeks after on cable, I like the live option. I am not sure what consider the source means, I have no affiliation with any part of this. Can't compare Iowa to many other states when it comes to wrestling - different animals, they don't have any professional sports for a start.

I didn't see the parade originally, when I looked at the replay feature to see the matches I missed I see they missed that whole thing with somebody standing in front of the camera - that was pretty bad. They should show that to the production company next year in aims for better effort. I probably just had lower expectations - see ya nest year.

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 02-17-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-18-2019

Just support the sport and drive to Champaign. Not a bad seat in the house.
Old 02-18-2019
Varsity

Not trying to call out a kid, but I was not down there this weekend so just asking what in the world happened to Middlebrooks from OPRF. He pins Swier in 1st round, is an OT take down away from going to the finals, then proceeds to lose every match after that. One of those matches getting teched 16-0 by the guy he pinned earlier in the tournament.
So just curious what happened? Did he get hurt and wrestled through it?
Old 02-18-2019
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fockerized152 View Post
Not trying to call out a kid, but I was not down there this weekend so just asking what in the world happened to Middlebrooks from OPRF. He pins Swier in 1st round, is an OT take down away from going to the finals, then proceeds to lose every match after that. One of those matches getting teched 16-0 by the guy he pinned earlier in the tournament.
So just curious what happened? Did he get hurt and wrestled through it?
"Semi slide". Sometimes it's hard to get kids refocused when the dream is gone.