Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

OW

Who would be the favorite for Outstanding Wrestler?

My vote would have to be Matt Ramos. Tough path to the finals and finally captured the title.

Ragusin had a heck of a weekend also. (Vanervere would have had my vote but came up short. Would have been interesting if he wrestled all season)

Benjimin certainly is in the conversation. Same with Assad & Farrante who pinned or MD their way to titles.

No disrespect meant to any of the others. These are just the ones that stood out to me.

I also have my opinion on the absolute worst wrestler. I will not post his name just that your parents and coaches have failed to teach you sportsmanship. Thankfully you are a senior and your wrestling days are done.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Abe Assad. Pinned his way through. I know he is going to Iowa, but it was very Penn St like of him. Or should I say Bo Nickal like of him ? Not just looking to win, but to pin. Love that.
Otherwise Ramos.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Ramos

I was thinking about this yesterday. All of the guys mentioned above were great but i thought Ramos was the most dominant in a tough class. Sotelo deserves a lot of credit for beating the same tough opponent three times in about three weeks.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Stay off the head

All worthy for consideration, I'd like to throw Hamiti's name in the mix, I know he probably didn't have the competition as some of the others mentioned but he is such a technician and a pleasure to watch, I absolutely believe he has a great chance of being a 4 time state champ when all is said and done.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

2A Hamiti

Nah... very good wrestler but heís 2A and his losses this year were too a couple of big talents that didnít make the 3A March. He would have struggled to make Top 5 but I sure would have liked to see him added to that bracket... Fun!
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffHall View Post
All worthy for consideration, I'd like to throw Hamiti's name in the mix, I know he probably didn't have the competition as some of the others mentioned but he is such a technician and a pleasure to watch, I absolutely believe he has a great chance of being a 4 time state champ when all is said and done.
He took 2nd at Cheesehead heís no joke.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

I think it would be cool if they had an official OW per class. That would be nice. My vote would have gone to Assad being on a mission and pinning through. I think Cassioppi did that last year, but I'd love to know the last time a non-hwt did that.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

1A Hoselton
2A Hamiti
3A Assad

Agreed that it would be a nice addition to the tournament to add in an OW award.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyourtoes View Post
I think it would be cool if they had an official OW per class. That would be nice. My vote would have gone to Assad being on a mission and pinning through. I think Cassioppi did that last year, but I'd love to know the last time a non-hwt did that.
I don’t think in the old A, AA days... I believe, No one in AA ever pinned their way through a bracket.

In now the AAA format I believe Cassioppi was the first to do it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
1A Hoselton
2A Hamiti
3A Assad

Agreed that it would be a nice addition to the tournament to add in an OW award.
Luffman gets my vote for 2A
Sponsored Links