Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 07-29-2019
eazymoney

1A

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossNoises View Post
Earl, I can tell you are a 1A guy. Just curious, why do colleges not recruit 1A wrestlers? D3 does not count because that is just glorified intramurals. I can tell you hear these GrossNoises all night.
A set of twins from class A seem to be doing alright at Illinois.

Pretty good bigger guy from Prairie Central right now
Old 07-29-2019
Varsity

So, you cite 3 kids. 2 who are from the same load and have not wrestled a varsity collegiate match. Oh and the one kid who bright spot of 1A, that would be like citing Alber. Sure, 1A does have a few good kids but there are 3A schools out producing the whole division.
Old 07-29-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Earl, I can tell you are a 1A guy. Just curious, why do colleges not recruit 1A wrestlers? D3 does not count because that is just glorified intramurals. I can tell you hear these GrossNoises all night.
Gross Nose, I suggested these tournaments because Sparta is a Class A school in that area. They got 2nd in the weakest Regional in the whole State Series. They never had 1 State Qualifier last year. Where would you suggest they wrestle in Dvorak and Cheesehead? Wow you smell.
Old 07-29-2019
Varsity

Quote:
So, you cite 3 kids. 2 who are from the same load and have not wrestled a varsity collegiate match. Oh and the one kid who bright spot of 1A, that would be like citing Alber. Sure, 1A does have a few good kids but there are 3A schools out producing the whole division.
What does it matter what Division you end up in anyway? Very few get a full athletic scholarship at D1. Most dont even start 3 or 4 years. None of them are going pro or signing huge six figure contract out of college. There are tons of great colleges where you can earn a degree that will put you in a six figure job that aren't D1.
Old 07-29-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Campbell View Post
Gross Nose, I suggested these tournaments because Sparta is a Class A school in that area. They got 2nd in the weakest Regional in the whole State Series. They never had 1 State Qualifier last year. Where would you suggest they wrestle in Dvorak and Cheesehead? Wow you smell.
I get goosebumps knowing you still think of how I smell. Bet you have problems getting that scent out of your bedsheets. You go to bed hearing GrossNoises all night.
Old 07-30-2019

Quote:
They are already at Carbondale getting pounded out. Just go to Rochester, Unity and Mt. Olive, they are JV quality tournaments for you to get your mismatched singlet kids home by noon so they can tend to their moonshine fields.
I appreciate all the info from everyone! Especially you GrossNoises. You have been very helpful to myself and the kids that Iím going to coach. This will be my first year coaching at the high school level. Yes our kids have mismatched singlets and we are a 1A school in a town of 4000 people! But I wasnít aware there were guidelines on this 1A forum as to the questions that could be asked. Nor was I aware that in the 1A forum all that was talked about was how great kids from 3A schools were? Itís funny to me that you would belittle kids that go to practice everyday and try to do their best, end up losing most of their matches and yet still find the courage to do it all again the next day. Iím not sure if you are a coach or a former wrestler and truth be told it really doesnít mean squat to me, but ones things for sure is that you could learn a lot from the kids I will be coaching this year, like what it is to have heart and courage! So once again thanks for the info you provided.
Old 07-30-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHayes View Post
I appreciate all the info from everyone! Especially you GrossNoises. You have been very helpful to myself and the kids that Iím going to coach. This will be my first year coaching at the high school level. Yes our kids have mismatched singlets and we are a 1A school in a town of 4000 people! But I wasnít aware there were guidelines on this 1A forum as to the questions that could be asked. Nor was I aware that in the 1A forum all that was talked about was how great kids from 3A schools were? Itís funny to me that you would belittle kids that go to practice everyday and try to do their best, end up losing most of their matches and yet still find the courage to do it all again the next day. Iím not sure if you are a coach or a former wrestler and truth be told it really doesnít mean squat to me, but ones things for sure is that you could learn a lot from the kids I will be coaching this year, like what it is to have heart and courage! So once again thanks for the info you provided.
We do our best to ignore Gross Nose. He usually has nothing positive to say. I have complained about his childish attacks, but they let him exist. He just trolls this site all day and night. Watch it won't be long before he responds to my post with another stupid comment.
Sponsored Links