https://www.flowrestling.org/ranking...-after-myhouse

I would have thought 3, but what do i know
Old 01-29-2018
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuck! View Post
https://www.flowrestling.org/ranking...-after-myhouse

I would have thought 3, but what do i know
Looks like Flo was reading my matmen posts.
Old 01-29-2018

Travel 700 miles and beat #1 just to get knocked down from #3 to #4. Bergen puts it on the line just to be looking up at the team they handily beat. Keep the Blair/Sem lovefest alive. Congratulations. You suck.
Old 01-29-2018
Varsity

If Wyoming Seminary beats Blair? Montini still won't move up past 3. They can't go higher than Wyoming Seminary because they lost twice to them. If Blair wins they will be No.1 even though they lost to Bergan in Dual. If Blair beats them handily that would give Wyoming a few blemishes against Blair and then a big loss to Bergan. Montini would go ahead of them then and probably go to #2 behind Blair.

Wyoming Seminary beats Blair

1. Bergan
2. Wyoming Seminary.
3. Montini
4. Blair.

Blair beats Wyoming.

1. Blair
2. Montini
3, Bergan
4. Wyoming

Last edited by maddog81; 01-29-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-29-2018
Double stud

Like I said, it's gonna come down to National Preps. Montini is out. There is no scenario that allows them to win, IMO.

And after all that, it's gonna be Blair.
Old 01-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
Like I said, it's gonna come down to National Preps. Montini is out. There is no scenario that allows them to win, IMO.

And after all that, it's gonna be Blair.
I agree.

The path to the "National Championship" is now quite clear. Avoid challengers who can beat you. Rematch Bergen? No thank you. Take on Montini? No thanks. We'll just beat the team we already beat again and stick to tournaments. Oh and a good mouthful of Flo. #flojob
Old 01-30-2018
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
I knew Flo would put Blair #1 and exactly why.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 01-30-2018
Undefeated

Not even a Montini fan, but the fact that ref dinged them for a team point when the meet was still in reach is really disturbing. As a ref, I'd have to see something extremely egregious to essentially decide a competition for one party. That is ridiculous.
Old 01-30-2018
hawkeye 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C. Slater View Post
Not even a Montini fan, but the fact that ref dinged them for a team point when the meet was still in reach is really disturbing. As a ref, I'd have to see something extremely egregious to essentially decide a competition for one party. That is ridiculous.
The Bergen bench was far worse during their home match with blair, and no team point deducted
Old 01-31-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainefan View Post
I enjoyed reading your post. You are obviously someone who has many ideas concerning the CCL and have given a lot of thought to this. One thing to remember is the more different points you make, the less control you have over what people focus on. You brought up 4 interesting topics
1. Respect for Izzy and the Montini program.
2. Respect for the maturity shown by wrestlers and coaches for MTC, Marmion, Br. Rice.
3. More should have done to honor Coach Healy.
4. Concern about St. Rita and the commitment of Coach Boyd.

The first was totally in line with the thread. The first 2, most people would agree with. The 3rd one, while the majority may agree with you, enough people may feel that he was honored sufficiently. The 4th, I find most controversial. Many people were excited about the former alum, coming back to St. Rita and his commitment to bringing them back to excellence. Riverside Brookfield's top wrestler, Tommy Russell obviously thought enough of Mike Boyd to follow him to St. Rita.
Let me clarify ..Those posts are the result of a frustrated member of a program that is in shambles.Im at fault for some venting which may have been misinterpreted if in fact interpreted .
I mentioned that MC honored Healy in a classy way .I just thought there would be more alumni over 26 years from providence present at the tournament nothing against MC

As for Boyd i have mentioned before i think he is a good coach .My concern is never gna be Boyds commitment to wrestling.
Yes Boyd did build that RB program along with a great girls program i agree .My concern is can Boyd get Rita reputation back to the likes of Mc Marmion, Montini?

I say that based on his workload over the summer.
He coaches or practices as much or more then anybody in the state and competes all over .I think he is obviously qualified but can he attach his brand to Rita similiar to izzy style and Montini or Region Tsirtsis and MC where kids go there to train from all over the state

Im sorry if im old enough that when i think ccl i think MC,RITA,DELASALLE,ST.LAURENCE,BR.RICE,LEO,JOLIET CATHOLIC, and as of right now i only see one option to wrestle in 3ain the cccl on the Southside
In a neighborhood where you have twisters ,mustangs,badgers and many other ikwf programs as well as surrounding suburban clubs who have families wanting to attend catholic school and compete in the ccl.For example 2 sport athletes that want to play baseball and wrestle..... Rita and Rice great baseball programs but are 2a wrestling schools
Im not ripping 2a but they are looked at differently in wrestling no matter how ya slice it
I said ..if Boyd intentions are to remain 2a it means on the south side we have only MC left as a option to stay in the ccl and 3a and that sucks

Bt rhe way Tommy Russell did follow Boyd to Rita .....FYI ..MC Freshman Connor Gaynor stuck Russell in the 3rd place match at ccl.....jk i couldn't resist
Sponsored Links