Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

David Terao is one of the most recent ones that comes to mind. Did have a grappling background but didn't start wrestling till high school and was an AA in 2016.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
The impression I got as well. The person who he reminds me of most is Emery Parker. Can he continue to improve like Parker did? That's impossible to say, and very, very hard to do. He's at weights that will take a lot of talent just to get "starter mat time."

He's going to get some of the best coaching around, though, and that's nice.

GO ILLINI!!!
Wrestling

Hey Chief, this is what is listed on wikipedia for U of I notables, not even a mention of of IMar, is Jeff Monson more famous? You might want to remedy that...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ampaign_people

Lindsey Durlacher – two-time All-American Greco-Roman wrestler
Mark Jayne – wrestler; two-time NWCA All-Star Member
Jeff Monson – wrestler; two-time gold medalist (99' and 05') ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships, current mixed martial artist, formerly for the Ultimate Fighting Championship[51]
Jesse Delgado – wrestler, three-time All-American, two-time National Champion at 125 lbs.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Wrestling

Hey Chief, this is what is listed on wikipedia for U of I notables, not even a mention of of IMar, is Jeff Monson more famous? You might want to remedy that...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ampaign_people

Lindsey Durlacher – two-time All-American Greco-Roman wrestler
Mark Jayne – wrestler; two-time NWCA All-Star Member
Jeff Monson – wrestler; two-time gold medalist (99' and 05') ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships, current mixed martial artist, formerly for the Ultimate Fighting Championship[51]
Jesse Delgado – wrestler, three-time All-American, two-time National Champion at 125 lbs.
Thanks, Blonjuan44! That is something that requires updating. I've never edited a wikipedia article before. Maybe I should learn how -- and also create an entry for "Ghost Preacher"?

On another subject, they need a college wrestling tournament in September every year. Another in October would be nice as well. Do we really have to wait two months between Worlds and the start of college wrestling? How is that fair?

GO ILLINI!!!
Old 3 Weeks Ago

http://mobile.twitter.com/Patrick999...92401241169922

Dylan connell committed!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
Do we really have to wait two months between Worlds and the start of college wrestling? How is that fair?

GO ILLINI!!!
Fortunately this year’s event at the Poeta training center is less than a month away... https://twitter.com/illinirtc/status...132736512?s=21

I wish I could be there this year but already had travel plans that weekend. Would be awesome to see Emery Parker wrestle again.
Sponsored Links